IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

Liverpool are after that yarmalenko I believe

They are linked with everyone, it's all shite. With sterling coutinho, lallana, youngster, etc they are fine with attacking midfielders and wingers. They need a goalie and defenders and they won't have Suarez money.

Plus I mentioned 2 guys so we're not all in for one or the other.

They are linked with everyone, it's all shite. With sterling coutinho, lallana, youngster, etc they are fine with attacking midfielders and wingers. They need a goalie and defenders and they won't have Suarez money.

Plus I mentioned 2 guys so we're not all in for one or the other.

You may have missed the years where Newcastle and Spurs bought every player we showed an interest in. There are more clubs who will also beat our wage structure in order to steal a march, Sunderland, Villa etc etc

With the new money coming into the games clubs will use players greed as a means of winning one over their rivals.

Liverpool even without the money Suarez transfer earned them have relatively massive commercial deals over us - they will get at least £30m to spend - no doubt about it.

when you say Lennon doesn't replace Mirallas that is dependant on opinion. They have different attributes.

Lennon is by far the better team player, he sets an excellent example and gives us a good bit of balance with Coleman being able to get up and down.

Mirallas is the more technically competent - by far. But he also has a bad tendancy to "not be interested" and to be greedy.

Right now this team needs a Lennon - quite clearly. He's been a breath of fresh air when it appears that the team needed some positivity, You can see the players love him and the fans will too.

Mirallas unfortunately has ended his time with us in a pretty disappointing fashion. The team needs that togetherness reinstilling and Lennon can help that. A must buy at £6m.

Lennon very rarely scores and wins games while that's what Mirallas does (did). And that feat in a player is expensive. Lennon doesn't have flair, Mirallas has.

Mirallas is not my favourite player, but he brings something that the team lacks.

Lennon very rarely scores and wins games while that's what Mirallas does (did). And that feat in a player is expensive. Lennon doesn't have flair, Mirallas has.

Mirallas is not my favourite player, but he brings something that the team lacks.

It all comes down to this "minimum level of performance" - an off day Mirallas is a big big miss for the team. He is a waste of a space and for me he drags the team down, players look to him to do something and when they don't get that there is a detrimental effect on the team. It happens with Barkley and Rom too - but in fairness his attitude of recent has been spot on.

You often hear the pundits on Sky say "he never drops lower than 7/10" - these are the players who even if things aren't going grerat they don't hide, they fight for the team.

Mirallas is a match winner - but how often??? Far too much improtance is placed on these types of players. Sterling over at Liverpool is getting the same reputation, a bit of a match of the day highlghts player. I believe Lennon will be a great perm addition to our squad in more ways than one.

Edited by Hafnia

And I'm sure if those players are available there will be clubs with far more to offer than us. Signing them will be anything but as straight-forward as you've made out.

dude you are ridiculous. these are mid grade players, not world beaters. man city and chelsea aren't trying to pound the doors to get these guys, they're 8m-12m players. that's the type of team we are now and they are in range. newcastly needs a new manager before players will rush over there, spurs have decent wingers already and will be good especially if they add mirallas, soton doesn't seem interested. west ham, stoke city, everton, swansea, i'm not seeing a ton of competition otherwise they would have been snapped up in january.

dude you are ridiculous. these are mid grade players, not world beaters. man city and chelsea aren't trying to pound the doors to get these guys, they're 8m-12m players. that's the type of team we are now and they are in range. newcastly needs a new manager before players will rush over there, spurs have decent wingers already and will be good especially if they add mirallas, soton doesn't seem interested. west ham, stoke city, everton, swansea, i'm not seeing a ton of competition otherwise they would have been snapped up in january.

And you're naive.

I haven't said they're world beaters, but there will be clubs interested in them who can offer more than we can. You seem to take all rumours as gospel so that means Spurs and the shite will be looking at them come the summer - both will be able to offer European football and higher wages. There'll probably be foreign sides who can offer the same things too.

I'm not saying we absolutely cannot sign these players, only that your stance of it's a given that we'd sign them if we want them is off base.

Unfortunately Mark I agree with Romey - players don't think "ah they have a top manager, blah blah blah" - they look at the money, and there are many other clubs who will spend far more on wages - QPR have players on more money than our top earners.

You watch. Its ridiculous the money that gets thrown on these players by desperate clubs.

It all comes down to this "minimum level of performance" - an off day Mirallas is a big big miss for the team. He is a waste of a space and for me he drags the team down, players look to him to do something and when they don't get that there is a detrimental effect on the team. It happens with Barkley and Rom too - but in fairness his attitude of recent has been spot on.

You often hear the pundits on Sky say "he never drops lower than 7/10" - these are the players who even if things aren't going grerat they don't hide, they fight for the team.

Mirallas is a match winner - but how often??? Far too much improtance is placed on these types of players. Sterling over at Liverpool is getting the same reputation, a bit of a match of the day highlghts player. I believe Lennon will be a great perm addition to our squad in more ways than one.

What sort of team do you end up if all you have are hard workers? A team Allardyce or Pulis likes? You'll never be anywhere near top 4 with a team of grafters, you also need guile. There's a reason why the latter tend to cost more than the former.

Edited by Makis

What sort of team do you end up if all you have are hard workers? A team Allardyce or Pulis likes? You'll never be anywhere near top 4 with a team of grafters, you also need guile. There's a reason why the latter tend to cost more than the former.

what sort of team do you end up with when you have disinterested talented mercenaries? QPR.

we have guile in our side with the likes of Barkley, Gibson, Coleman, Baines, Ovideo, and yes on his day Mirallas is our most creative but again "its on his day"

Ridding Mirallas and replacing with Lennon is not going to give us a dramatic downturn over the season. Certainly stop us conceding more goals too.

With the new FA ruling on homegrown players sell mirallas and get Lennon. We can get yarmolenko or konoplyanka for the other wing and then sign some filler for reinforcements. Give ossie a one year deal he's still useful.

Mark you make it sound like if we want to we can just click our fingers and we'll have them.

There's absolutely no chance of either. Bigger clubs offering more wages and european football will take them.

It's not like going the chippy and buying a kebab you know mate.

They wont be coming here next season because we'll be outpriced and outwaged mate.

Mark you make it sound like if we want to we can just click our fingers and we'll have them.

There's absolutely no chance of either. Bigger clubs offering more wages and european football will take them.

It's not like going the chippy and buying a kebab you know mate.

They wont be coming here next season because we'll be outpriced and outwaged mate.

what bigger clubs want a mid grade player for 10m when they can afford to buy a world beater for 25m? with your and romey logic arsenal won't buy coleman at 25-30m because trippier is 10m, who cares that he's a quarter the player coleman is. doesn't make any sense.

bigger clubs go for bigger players, these aren't them. clubs the likes of spurs go for bigger players than this as well, lamela was how much? eriksen was how much?

And you're naive.

I haven't said they're world beaters, but there will be clubs interested in them who can offer more than we can. You seem to take all rumours as gospel so that means Spurs and the shite will be looking at them come the summer - both will be able to offer European football and higher wages. There'll probably be foreign sides who can offer the same things too.

I'm not saying we absolutely cannot sign these players, only that your stance of it's a given that we'd sign them if we want them is off base.

should have read on save myself the above post.

what bigger clubs want a mid grade player for 10m when they can afford to buy a world beater for 25m? with your and romey logic arsenal won't buy coleman at 25-30m because trippier is 10m, who cares that he's a quarter the player coleman is. doesn't make any sense.

bigger clubs go for bigger players, these aren't them. clubs the likes of spurs go for bigger players than this as well, lamela was how much? eriksen was how much?

Mark just cos City and Chelsea aren't interested doesn't mean they're nailed on to us.

Hate to break it mate but Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Wolfsburg, Lazio, juve and a whole host of other clubs can offer either more wages or European football .

We are not really an attractive club to players we have no european football and dont pay massive wages.

You're very niave to think anything else.

BOOOOOM.

Mark just cos City and Chelsea aren't interested doesn't mean they're nailed on to us.

Hate to break it mate but Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Wolfsburg, Lazio, juve and a whole host of other clubs can offer either more wages or European football .

We are not really an attractive club to players we have no european football and dont pay massive wages.

You're very niave to think anything else.

not naive just know those clubs target bigger and better players. they have more money and wages and don't go shopping in the bargain bin as much as smaller sides do. look who liverpool spent money on. only 1 was bargain bin, rickie lambert (more of a publicity stunt than anything, he barely sees the pitch in cup matches). the rest were 12m+. same with spurs, they spent 8m plus gylfi to get a backup LB (ben davies). Arsenal go big with Sanchez, Ozil, etc. They're not buying small time players, they buy the proven players for a premium. The Ukranian lads are small time and that's why I say we have a chance.

not naive just know those clubs target bigger and better players. they have more money and wages and don't go shopping in the bargain bin as much as smaller sides do. look who liverpool spent money on. only 1 was bargain bin, rickie lambert (more of a publicity stunt than anything, he barely sees the pitch in cup matches). the rest were 12m+. same with spurs, they spent 8m plus gylfi to get a backup LB (ben davies). Arsenal go big with Sanchez, Ozil, etc. They're not buying small time players, they buy the proven players for a premium. The Ukranian lads are small time and that's why I say we have a chance.

Andrey Arshavin went to Arsenal when we went in for him. They bought Podolski for £10m - their average top end spend is £10-£12 - including arteta. Sanchez and Ozil are exceptions.

These Ukranian players are not going to go on the cheap. The ukraine have seen top fees come in for theie clubs better players. Willian, Fernandinho, Mkhitaryian from shaktar went for top dollar.

Honestly - look at our history we have lost out on players like Fabian Delph, Kyle Walker, Emre, Naughton - whether you rate them or not we missed out due to £££ offered by the other club.

If they're "small time" why would we want them :huh:?

To say they're small time shows your lack of knowledge about football Mark.

I don't mean to be rude mate but they are far from "small time" and to suggest show is disrespectful to say the least.

What you need to understand is we don't even fall into the bracket just below the "super clubs" that are cash rich. There are those then clubs like Juventus, Athletico Madrid, Liverpool, Benfica, Bayern Leverkusen, and others who are a bracket below that we are behind in terms of revenue, wages and prestigeous rights. Then you have clubs who we are similar-ish to like Wolfsburg, Napoli, Sevilla, Roma, Ajax, Porto and a whole host more who have the draw of European football. Add to this Liverpool isn't the most attractive city in the world to live in plus the weathers shit and you'll find players that you're talking about being "small time" are mostly out of our reach bar the odd one that we touch lucky with.

what sort of team do you end up with when you have disinterested talented mercenaries? QPR.

we have guile in our side with the likes of Barkley, Gibson, Coleman, Baines, Ovideo, and yes on his day Mirallas is our most creative but again "its on his day"

Ridding Mirallas and replacing with Lennon is not going to give us a dramatic downturn over the season. Certainly stop us conceding more goals too.

Do you realise you proved my point with your list? Hardly proves yours when you have to include three fullbacks and a decent midfielder.

Not every wide player needs to be a player of guile. Andre Kanchelskis never had guile, just direct pace and a great finish. Lennon has that same type of ability to beat a man just from a 10 yard race. His finishing ain't great but his ability to break the lines is.

all your arguments are pre TV money haf. the TV money has made the gulf even larger. 28m was our whole kitty blown on rom. man u and liverpool did what 100m each?

MikeO - currently 13th in the table, small time.

That's ridiculous, position in the league at any given time doesn't define the stature of the club.

ManU were relegated post Busby era, that didn't make them small-time; Wimbledon finished sixth in the Premier League (and were higher at times) but they were never big-time.

That's ridiculous, position in the league at any given time doesn't define the stature of the club.

ManU were relegated post Busby era, that didn't make them small-time; Wimbledon finished sixth in the Premier League (and were higher at times) but they were never big-time.

so nottingham forest are still big time? playing in the championship without ever really cracking into the promotion playoff spots? i get where you're coming from, but players don't look at history to decide where a transfer should go, they look at money and league position/europe. we are small time on all 3 currently (key word, we looked a lot different last year, had league postiion and europe, still not a lot of money).