IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

Ok. Didn't realise you weren't a fan to be honest.

He's been 50/50 so far. What's he had? 4 games? And hadn't played much at all for a while? It's an open book for me. I'm a fan of these pacey wingers. Always have been. That's him set his benchmark for future performance ' s!

I'm not not a fan of him either tbh! When we signed him I said if he could have an end product then he'd be exactly what we've been crying out for - he's got pace to burn and he's a tricky bastard. The problem with him is that his balls into the box either usually go right over everyone or just out of play. Yesterday, he did show that he could have an end product - that pull back for Barkley was absolutely perfect. And, like you said, he won the penalty too. So I have some hope with him now.

A winger or two in the summer is an absolute must for us, so he's got to put everything in until the end of the season to show he should be one of those. He's on the right track.

Lets be honest he is like a lesser version of Theo Walcott. Thats no criticism. Pace causes teams problems simple as that, it makes them alter their defensive line, teams can't press as high with him as an outlet - even if they though "ah he's got no end product" they can't take that chance.

Yesterday was a prime example of that. His team mates thoroughly appreciated what he gave to the team. He made the opponents look sluggish and invited ill timed tackles.

People say that "If Lukaku was a striker with a great first touch and could hold up play etc etc, he would be out of our price bracket and wouldn't come to us"

The same logic can be applied to Lennon. If he had a consistent end product and was a goalscorer he would be in the Arjen Robben, Frank Riberi category and would cost £40m+.

Didn't he also provide the assist for Barkley's goal?

So two assists.

Earnt a penalty

Provided the run that got a player sent off and also would have had another assist if not for it being cleared off the line.

Not too bad for a player with no end product ;-)

Guest rusty747

Atsu got the assist with Barkley's goal but I agree with your sentiments. Thete is a bit of the Trevor Steven style about him, but with more pace and not quite such a good finish.

Didn't he also provide the assist for Barkley's goal?

So two assists.

Earnt a penalty

Provided the run that got a player sent off and also would have had another assist if not for it being cleared off the line.

Not too bad for a player with no end product ;-)

As said, it was Atsu. And as I said earlier; one game changes nothing. If he does it consistently then it does.

Guest rusty747

If he can get some consistent form going then he could be the catalyst for a mid table finish. If we go on a run I think 50 points is possible which might just be enough for tenth. I really can't see us doing any better than that.

More end product from the lad today. I'm closer to changing my mind about him. His work rate had been top notch again as well.

My one fear about signing him permanently would be whether he'd dona Pienaar; play out of his skin when on loan due to having something to prove and then take it easy once he'd got his move.

More end product from the lad today. I'm closer to changing my mind about him. His work rate had been top notch again as well.

My one fear about signing him permanently would be whether he'd dona Pienaar; play out of his skin when on loan due to having something to prove and then take it easy once he'd got his move.

Don't think he's that sort of player tbh. Still not convinced by him. He was invisible for a lot of the game. Definitely wouldn't be paying the reported £8m

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/11491086/Tottenham-tell-Everton-Aaron-Lennon-transfer-will-cost-6million.html

Considering that's how much we paid for Kone, I think he would be worth every penny

Seems a couple of million too much for someone who'll be in their final year of their contract and isn't wanted by their club.

Seems a couple of million too much for someone who'll be in their final year of their contract and isn't wanted by their club.

Considering they paid £3m for Pienaar in his last 6 months of his contract at the age of 28 when he was playing his best football they are being somewhat cheeky.

Typical of Spurs though. I'd say give us £4m + Lennon and you get Mirallas.

4m + Lennon, what? More like 8m + Lennon exactly because Lennon only has a year left on his contract, because he's not part of their plans & Mirallas is better.

Their contracts expire at the same time don't they? either way there seems to be a premium for English players (dunno why) - plus the way I see it is this - if Spurs put Lennon on the market for £6m there would be plenty of teams ready to snap him up.

The same can be said for Mirallas - if we put him up for £10m we would get a buyer - much more than that and some teams will hold off till Jan when they can sign him on a pre contract agreement.

It will be the right amount give or take a couple of million. Plus I think teams do know that Mirallas is

Trouble is, Lennon does not replace Mirallas and we 4 million doesn't help in finding one. So if the choices are Lennon + 4m or, say, 10 million straight cash for Mirallas, I'd go with the second option.

when you say Lennon doesn't replace Mirallas that is dependant on opinion. They have different attributes.

Lennon is by far the better team player, he sets an excellent example and gives us a good bit of balance with Coleman being able to get up and down.

Mirallas is the more technically competent - by far. But he also has a bad tendancy to "not be interested" and to be greedy.

Right now this team needs a Lennon - quite clearly. He's been a breath of fresh air when it appears that the team needed some positivity, You can see the players love him and the fans will too.

Mirallas unfortunately has ended his time with us in a pretty disappointing fashion. The team needs that togetherness reinstilling and Lennon can help that. A must buy at £6m.