IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

• 2 weeks later...

Today proved what Romey said when we signed him.

On the counter he is very dangerous. He broke away twice today and the pace was terrifying. However the final balls were shocking and he's not direct enough inside the 18 yard box. He needs to go for goal himself sometimes.

At least we saw where and how he's going to do the business.

Today proved what Romey said when we signed him.

On the counter he is very dangerous. He broke away twice today and the pace was terrifying. However the final balls were shocking and he's not direct enough inside the 18 yard box. He needs to go for goal himself sometimes.

At least we saw where and how he's going to do the business.

It makes him unbelievably frustrating. He gets you all excited with his pace and he can beat his man with ease, but then his final ball makes it all a waste of time.

Please god no...this is not any smere against Lennon but he has every attribute we do not need. He had exceptional pace but will be nullified by the way we currently play and he can't cross a ball to save his life, even though we never have anyone in the box.

When he does cross, he plays these annoyingly floated balls that lukaku would never win. He's basically a one tricked pony and hasn't got a pass in his locker either. I think his sheer pace gets people praising the lad but it's like flying with concord to an incorrect destination. Altogether very pointless.

Yes, romey was right all along. Oh no wait, that was me.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-winger-aaron-lennon---8848599

I did say that his work rate would be a massive bonus for us. Its funny how players end up with unfair tags "no end product" seems to be his.

Whilst it may be something that he needs to get better at it is clear that as a wide player there aren't many who put in the types of shift that he does.

Work rate and industry is infectious. That is why the likes of McCarthy, Naismith, Kone and Lennon can energise the team. Whilst they may not be the most technically gifted footballers, they give us licence to play, they stop the other team settling on the ball.

Guest rusty747

He is exactly what we have been missing. Fast, direct, tracks back and covers Coleman when he bombs forward. It's not just what he adds, it's what he also allows others to add. We are a better team with him playing.

I did say that his work rate would be a massive bonus for us. Its funny how players end up with unfair tags "no end product" seems to be his.

Whilst it may be something that he needs to get better at it is clear that as a wide player there aren't many who put in the types of shift that he does.

Work rate and industry is infectious. That is why the likes of McCarthy, Naismith, Kone and Lennon can energise the team. Whilst they may not be the most technically gifted footballers, they give us licence to play, they stop the other team settling on the ball.

How is it unfair when he doesn't have an end product, or much of one at least?

I thought he was brilliant yesterday, a key cog in the victory, but his crossing was mostly woeful and working hard for the side doesn't equate to an end product when his end product is supposed to be goals and assists, not working up a sweat. That being said, if not for Ryan Taylor he'd have had an assist yesterday.

When he joined us, there was something on sky sports news that showed stats about his final ball success rate actually being quite good. Players get reputations sometimes based more on frustrations than facts.

How is it unfair when he doesn't have an end product, or much of one at least?

I thought he was brilliant yesterday, a key cog in the victory, but his crossing was mostly woeful and working hard for the side doesn't equate to an end product when his end product is supposed to be goals and assists, not working up a sweat. That being said, if not for Ryan Taylor he'd have had an assist yesterday.

He got an assist...the penalty.

Guest rusty747

He got an assist...the penalty.

Beat me to it. He was also the reason Newcastle were reduced to 10 men. We really do look a much better team with him in it. We have balance, carry a threat and still look tight at the back. Not all down to him directly of course, but he certainly sets the right work ethic example and brings out the best in the other players.

We should keep him.

Fair point, I hadn't really thought about that. Still, one assist and one good (great really) performance isn't going to change my mind about him. If he does it consistently until the end of the season then I will.

Ok. Didn't realise you weren't a fan to be honest.

He's been 50/50 so far. What's he had? 4 games? And hadn't played much at all for a while? It's an open book for me. I'm a fan of these pacey wingers. Always have been. That's him set his benchmark for future performance ' s!