IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

You know my feeling on Martinez but if he has dropped him because of his attitude he has gone up in my estimation. We can't have players walking round like pre madonnas doing what they like taking the manager for a dick head. If he's doing that good on Martinez for dropping him because I can tell you right now if I was manager I would have taken him to a private room and fucking volleyed him all over it. After he was quivering in the corner I would have slapped him silly and told him he is not bigger than the club and neither am I and to show some respect, pick his bottom lip and get his attitude right or he's playing for the under 18s it's that simple MC.

Fact is, it doesn't matter if it's Messi or Ronaldo if any player is spitting his dummy out and acting like a 5 year old, regardless of their talent it's detrimental to team moral and dressing room harmony. We took Mirallas from the Greek league, gave him his chance. If he wants away to a better team then I've no problem with that, I don't blame him tbh but acting like a prick when we need him is disrespectful to the fans who have stuck by him and supported him unconditionally through his time here.

We don't need disruptive influences like him in the squad. Fact is he's been pushing or hinting at a move away virtually all season. We were never going to win Europa or finish top 4 so he'd of been away regardless.

This is one thing we can't pin on Martinez. I want him gone myself but I wont aportion blame on him for anything and everything. He's done the right thing here, he is the managers, players should respect him, they're expected to be consumate professionals and do their job otherwise they are letting the fans down.

Alarm bells started ringing in December when he most likely realised how shit we are. I do not blame him for wanting out. Our current status - he's better than that and he has no ties to the club other than his contract. It's human nature - he wants to win things.

I don't expect him to pull us out of the shit and he does at times have that in his locker I just want consistency not only from him but others also

He's a good player who I'd say is in a similar bracket to the likes of Rosicky Chadli etc one minute great the next anonymous but wouldn't make a dent on most top sides let alone get in their starting 11

I'd like him to stay personally and bring in better players and lose some deadwood in the summer but if a good offer came in he's not a player that will be have a detrimental effect but it's a hard one to judge with the rest of the lads being so poor

What I wouldn't say is Everton haven't matched his ambitions that goes for every player and supporter it's across the board and he doesn't hold the sway or ability to spit his dummy out if that is the case

Edited by EFC-Paul

Alarm bells started ringing in December when he most likely realised how shit we are. I do not blame him for wanting out. Our current status - he's better than that and he has no ties to the club other than his contract. It's human nature - he wants to win things.

Lad, you're starting to sound like a pre pubescent teen girl who's favourite band are splitting up. Seriously MC sit yourself in a corner and have a quiet word with yourself.

Yes he's our mosttalented player but he's hardly irreplaceable is he.

Fact is mate, I thought you were brighter than to sit and try and justify a player wanting to leave and not trying being acceptable because we've had a bad season. All this "he knew at xmas there was something wrong " etc is bollocks mate. Even if he did, so what. Where ould we be if the rest of the squad actedexactly the same way!!

The point is, noone is blaming him for wanting amove or wanting to better himself but not giving 100% for the team is UNFORGIVABLE and if that's the type of player he is then good riddence. Give me a Lennon who is trying and working for the team, who's hungry and wants to help the club over Mirallas strolling round tripping over his bottom lip.

I'm absolutely staggered you think that him doing that is acceptable. It sounds like you support Kevin Mirallas not Everton. I know that's not true but that's what your starting to sound like.

Any player who doesn't want to be here can fuck off for me, I don't give a fuck how good they are or who they are. Don't wanna play for us? No? Well there's the door you fucking crab, get out!!

Wanting a move is fine, being dissolusioned with things is understandable not trying is NOT ACCEPTABLE in any walk of life.

Where I work I've been there-15 years, I'm the most senior man in the place, there's people doing the same job who've been there from a few months to a few years, I'm by way and far the most experienced and best at the job out of our team, so does that mean I can strioll around giving 60% and not give a fuck? To me it's the exact opposite, I'm the senior man, it's me who ateps up when a difficult decision has to be made, it's me who shoulders that bit of extra responsability. I'd hang my head in shame if I ever developed anything other than the attitude I have.

Edited by Paddock

I'll be honest. Lukaku has been the player most associate with my criticism, but I will tell you what he's done, he has put the team and manager before himself.

Is he lazy? He can be. Is he the most talented? No.

Has he shown more appreciation for what it means to play for Everton than his fellow countryman? Too right he has.

Lukaku May have his eyes on a bigger prize in the long run but at least he is part of the team.

I've seen far better players than mirallas leave this club. He is not even in the top 50 players I've seen in a blue shirt. Possibly the most arrogant though.

Lad, you're starting to sound like a pre pubescent teen girl who's favourite band are splitting up. Seriously MC sit yourself in a corner and have a quiet word with yourself.

Yes he's our mosttalented player but he's hardly irreplaceable is he.

Fact is mate, I thought you were brighter than to sit and try and justify a player wanting to leave and not trying being acceptable because we've had a bad season. All this "he knew at xmas there was something wrong " etc is bollocks mate. Even if he did, so what. Where ould we be if the rest of the squad actedexactly the same way!!

The point is, noone is blaming him for wanting amove or wanting to better himself but not giving 100% for the team is UNFORGIVABLE and if that's the type of player he is then good riddence. Give me a Lennon who is trying and working for the team, who's hungry and wants to help the club over Mirallas strolling round tripping over his bottom lip.

I'm absolutely staggered you think that him doing that is acceptable. It sounds like you support Kevin Mirallas not Everton. I know that's not true but that's what your starting to sound like.

Any player who doesn't want to be here can fuck off for me, I don't give a fuck how good they are or who they are. Don't wanna play for us? No? Well there's the door you fucking crab, get out!!

Wanting a move is fine, being dissolusioned with things is understandable not trying is NOT ACCEPTABLE in any walk of life.

Where I work I've been there-15 years, I'm the most senior man in the place, there's people doing the same job who've been there from a few months to a few years, I'm by way and far the most experienced and best at the job out of our team, so does that mean I can strioll around giving 60% and not give a fuck? To me it's the exact opposite, I'm the senior man, it's me who ateps up when a difficult decision has to be made, it's me who shoulders that bit of extra responsability. I'd hang my head in shame if I ever developed anything other than the attitude I have.

Think you're due your meds mate. At wha point Have I said him not giving 100% is acceptable. Alls I've said is I can see why he's in a sulk. He's our best player and isn't being played.

Everybody knows he's my favourite player and everyone knows I want Martinez out. That's the gripe. We risk losing our best player because of the situation. I'll say it again if we sat in the top 6 with a chance of CL qualification all would be fine. Martinez is not matching his ambition and Mirallas is good enough for it.

You say he's not irreplaceable? Not once have I seen Martinez bring his calibre of player in. McGeafy FFS? Lennon is not the exciting Lennon of yesteryear.

Edited by MC11

I'll be honest. Lukaku has been the player most associate with my criticism, but I will tell you what he's done, he has put the team and manager before himself.

Is he lazy? He can be. Is he the most talented? No.

Has he shown more appreciation for what it means to play for Everton than his fellow countryman? Too right he has.

Lukaku May have his eyes on a bigger prize in the long run but at least he is part of the team.

I've seen far better players than mirallas leave this club. He is not even in the top 50 players I've seen in a blue shirt. Possibly the most arrogant though.

Let me guess McCarthys in you top 5, your gripe with Mirallas burns deeper because of your spat with me.

Your missing the most important thing though MC...... He isn't earning the right to be in the team.

I have sat on the bench. I have came on for a paltry seven minutes.

In that seven minutes I made it obvious it my manager that be it seven or ninety I will still put the effort in and fight for my team mates.

Mirralas is a little more talented than me and gets paid a damn site more. Why can't he do that.

He isn't in the team because at this time his form isn't good enough.

Think you're due your meds mate. At wha point Have I said him not giving 100% is acceptable. Alls I've said is I can see why he's in a sulk. He's our best player and isn't being played.

Everybody knows he's my favourite player and everyone knows I want Martinez out. That's the gripe. We risk losing our best player because of the situation. I'll say it again if we sat in the top 6 with a chance of CL qualification all would be fine. Martinez is not matching his ambition and Mirallas is good enough for it.

You say he's not irreplaceable? Not once have I seen Martinez bring his calibre of player in. McGeafy FFS? Lennon is not the exciting Lennon of yesteryear.

You said he doesn't try as hard as Hazard etc because he doesn't earn as much etc, you said he's not trying and sulking because of the way we're performing.that all suggests you think it's acceptable.

No matter whether he's your favourite player, in fact it doesn't matter if it's your twin brother him not giving 100% is not acceptable MC. Forget his talent forget what he brings to the team because if he isn't focused or giving 100% he's USELESS to us mate he really is.

He is replacable. Easily replacable. Whether Martinez is trustworthy enough to replace him adequately is another matter for another thread.

He's leaving because he wants to win things and play in the cl, we've not won jack shit for decades and we've never played in the cl group stages. As shit as we've been this year even if we'd finished 6th or 7th he'd of wanted out.

Your missing the most important thing though MC...... He isn't earning the right to be in the team.

I have sat on the bench. I have came on for a paltry seven minutes.

In that seven minutes I made it obvious it my manager that be it seven or ninety I will still put the effort in and fight for my team mates.

Mirralas is a little more talented than me and gets paid a damn site more. Why can't he do that.

He isn't in the team because at this time his form isn't good enough.

I don't buy he form not being good enough. There is plenty of others out there who have a free ride no matter how shite they are. This is a personal vendetta IMO.

In the 3 seasons Mirallas has been here this is the ONLY time his commitment has been questioned.

You said he doesn't try as hard as Hazard etc because he doesn't earn as much etc, you said he's not trying and sulking because of the way we're performing.that all suggests you think it's acceptable.

No matter whether he's your favourite player, in fact it doesn't matter if it's your twin brother him not giving 100% is not acceptable MC. Forget his talent forget what he brings to the team because if he isn't focused or giving 100% he's USELESS to us mate he really is.

He is replacable. Easily replacable. Whether Martinez is trustworthy enough to replace him adequately is another matter for another thread.

He's leaving because he wants to win things and play in the cl, we've not won jack shit for decades and we've never played in the cl group stages. As shit as we've been this year even if we'd finished 6th or 7th he'd of wanted out.

Hold me to this. When/if Mirallas is sold he won't be "replaced" talent for talent. We'll end up with Moses or Cleverley - heard people would have him here to "play wide"

Martinez is a joker and anyone wanting Mirallas gone is clueless. Get rid of the manager and get someone who can deal with the players.

Distin got the same treatment yet before this season certainly under Moyes neither player had any problems - ever

Let me guess McCarthys in you top 5, your gripe with Mirallas burns deeper because of your spat with me.

McCarthy may be in and around 40th. You see, that is the benefit of having been going to goodison since 1984.

Southall, Steven, Reid, Gray, Sheedy, Rooney, Watson, Gough, arteta, kanchelskis, there's 10 without even thinking.

I don't buy he form not being good enough. There is plenty of others out there who have a free ride no matter how shite they are. This is a personal vendetta IMO.

In the 3 seasons Mirallas has been here this is the ONLY time his commitment has been questioned.

Your right. Others have off form too.

But have you watched his cameos? He has been invisible. He really has been poor MC and in finding it hard to understand why you think he deserves a place.

I really think he has been the poorest player in the team for the last two months. Even though Barry has been poor...He hasn't hid.

Has MC11 only been following Everton since about 2010 if he thinks anyone else would consider McCarthy to be in the top 5? I don't know he'd be in that even since 2010 (yet at least).

Read the forum more often. Then you'd be in the know

I don't get all these comments about Mirallas being the most talented on the team. He may be in the top 4 but it's not obvious at all to me that he's number one.

And if he is number one, why is he not far and away at the top of the MOTM running total? He should be, right? But he's nowhere near the most valuable player this season. Because of that alone, he should not be an automatic starter. Whether it's due to lack of talent or lack of effort, he is clearly replaceable.

I think Mirallas was spot on there. He's hardly set the world a light since he came on the scene. Van Gaal doesn't seem to rate him. Mertens, De Bruyne, Hazard & Mirallas - I say no more

Thepoint is, it's got FUCK ALL to do with Mirallas who he picks. He's not the manager or on the coaching staff, he's a player. It's not his place to question this.

If anything it shows how much full of his own self importance he is.

The lad needsa swift right hook, putting flat on his arse and showing just exactly where his place is.

Thepoint is, it's got FUCK ALL to do with Mirallas who he picks. He's not the manager or on the coaching staff, he's a player. It's not his place to question this.

If anything it shows how much full of his own self importance he is.

The lad needsa swift right hook, putting flat on his arse and showing just exactly where his place is.

Mirallas was asked a question - he answered it. He didn't call for an interview with sky and have a rant. Get over it.

Said that'd be a concern of mine.

really great point. with younger players like gerry i think it's less of an issue because they have a whole career ahead of them and want to do well to continue to improve, progress, etc. but this article is exemplified by gareth barry. played his socks off last season to secure a deal with us for longer than we should have signed. well worth it after the performance he gave last year, but now we are stuck with him, and he could possibly have less drive to win and do well since he's got the last contact of his career. not saying that's what he's doing, just that the loan can end up badly in scenarios like that.

I remember I was mocked for saying Lacina Traore was shit after one game. I wasn't wrong on that - Hi Matt.

Loans can swing both ways but in general Moyes got a good few spot on. The ones he didn't he didn't make permanent. That's the rule to follow. Barry looks shocking business.

Mirallas was asked a question - he answered it. He didn't call for an interview with sky and have a rant. Get over it.

He acted like a petulant child. Simple as that.

Again how your failing to see that is a worry to me...or would be if I knew you ;-)

Edited by Shukes

I remember I was mocked for saying Lacina Traore was shit after one game. I wasn't wrong on that - Hi Matt.

Loans can swing both ways but in general Moyes got a good few spot on. The ones he didn't he didn't make permanent. That's the rule to follow. Barry looks shocking business.

Lets not forget that Barry was excellent last season and developed a really good partnership with McCarthy so I think most of us would have been disappointed had we not have signed him this season. Granted it hasn't worked out for him and he's looked way off the pace but you can't criticise the signing as Martinez went on his form from the previous season. Truth is we need a massive clear out at the club. Too many dead wood here who are on big wages. Need to flog them.

Lets not forget that Barry was excellent last season and developed a really good partnership with McCarthy so I think most of us would have been disappointed had we not have signed him this season. Granted it hasn't worked out for him and he's looked way off the pace but you can't criticise the signing as Martinez went on his form from the previous season. Truth is we need a massive clear out at the club. Too many dead wood here who are on big wages. Need to flog them.

I don't think anyone would have rejected Barry back..... It was the 3 year deal that broke the camels back