IGNORED

Lukaku

Building a team means getting rid of players with egos too big. SAF did this brilliantly... look at how he dealt with Ince, Sharpe, Beckham. They may have been very good but he knew he could not have a winning team with any players who had got too big for their boots.

It reaffirms authority. I think our next manager will be the one to sell.

Building a team means getting rid of players with egos too big. SAF did this brilliantly... look at how he dealt with Ince, Sharpe, Beckham. They may have been very good but he knew he could not have a winning team with any players who had got too big for their boots.

It reaffirms authority. I think our next manager will be the one to sell.

yes look at the masterstroke of dealing with Rooney......oh wait... he fucked that up big time.

yes look at the masterstroke of dealing with Rooney......oh wait... he fucked that up big time.

You mean the masterstroke of dropping him to midfield to give RVP the strikers role which won them the league in his final season and rooney spat his dummy out...

Moves then giving rooney the forwards role and dropping RVP... what happened there?

If you are going to use isolated cases to contradict an argument against a manager who knew who to deal with players at least get it right.

He sorted Van Nistlerooy out too. RVN swapping shirts with a city player after getting beat 3-1, destroyed him in front of the team... the likes of Rio who hadn't been there long knew the score. The end came for him when he got passed off being left on the bench.

You mean the masterstroke of dropping him to midfield to give RVP the strikers role which won them the league in his final season and rooney spat his dummy out...

Moves then giving rooney the forwards role and dropping RVP... what happened there?

If you are going to use isolated cases to contradict an argument against a manager who knew who to deal with players at least get it right.

He sorted Van Nistlerooy out too. RVN swapping shirts with a city player after getting beat 3-1, destroyed him in front of the team... the likes of Rio who hadn't been there long knew the score. The end came for him when he got passed off being left on the bench.

SAF was a great manager full stop. but everything he did was not a masterstroke. His ego was more bruised by the Rooney contract than Rooney and he took it out on Wayne like a schoolyard bully. He bought some crap players as well. He was a fantastic manager, tactician, etc. But he didn't walk on water.

SAF was a great manager full stop. but everything he did was not a masterstroke. His ego was more bruised by the Rooney contract than Rooney and he took it out on Wayne like a schoolyard bully. He bought some crap players as well. He was a fantastic manager, tactician, etc. But he didn't walk on water.

He is leaps ahead of any manager in the modern game at psychology. Absolute master at it.

He is leaps ahead of any manager in the modern game at psychology. Absolute master at it.

not for me. united were never the likes of Barca or Real Madrid buying the biggest players in the world and having the largest payrolls and ego's to manage. Guardiola and Mourinho (and the other Real Managers) had to deal with that. Meanwhile SAF had De Gea, Rio, Rooney, and who else the last year? Hardly Galacticos or Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta, Pique, etc. Of the Man U players really only De Gea at the end was world class, Rio was past it and Rooney hasn't been world class for years now.

not for me. united were never the likes of Barca or Real Madrid buying the biggest players in the world and having the largest payrolls and ego's to manage. Guardiola and Mourinho (and the other Real Managers) had to deal with that. Meanwhile SAF had De Gea, Rio, Rooney, and who else the last year? Hardly Galacticos or Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta, Pique, etc. Of the Man U players really only De Gea at the end was world class, Rio was past it and Rooney hasn't been world class for years now.

Don't think anyone can doubt SAFs record for dealing with superstars, though how he did it was very much 1940s headmaster

£60 mill for rom is insane. Get rid and let's make a statement. Jansen is 21 and looks like he could be a player. Probably get him for £20 mill which leaves you enough to buy you two £20 mill players without spending a penny of your own dough

27 in 34 for AZ this season. My one worry here: a similarly aged Jozy Altidore did 23 in 33 for the same club a few seasons back. He wasn't exactly a resounding success for Sunderland.

I hate to compare players in such a way, but I think it's always a good idea to temper the hype. The guy is confident, uses his body well and knows how to finish. So did Jozy. It's a crapshoot. I wouldn't pin the hopes of our club on a 21-year-old who just had his first season (albeit a very successful one) in the Eredivisie. Needs to be a backup pushing someone who is proven at the top level first.

Its an easy choice if true. Id take 65 mil over Lukaku. Its silly money. 30-40 mil will get you a top top goalscorer on the continent.

Same with Stones at 40 mil. 20 mil will get you a top defender on the continent.

That leaves another 40 ish mil to use on another couple of players.

With the rumoured 100 mil Kitty left to use after that. (Just dont spend 40 mil on Hart)

But get an f-ing manager in first! Before the euros please.

Does anyone know how much of the potential £65 million we will see? I heard that we bought him from Chelsea on a 5 year payment plan. Assuming there is a buy back clause is £20 million the most we can expect as profit?

There's no buy back clause or sell on fee. It was a straight sale. We didn't pay in installments but that won't matter if we get a big sale.

There's no buy back clause or sell on fee. It was a straight sale. We didn't pay in installments but that won't matter if we get a big sale.

you sure? we defintely paid in installments, 5m a year over 4 years with a 4m deposit from memory

Edited by Matt

No idea about that, but there was certainly no mention of any buy-back rights.

Was an article in the echo I believe let me find it.

Edit -

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-sell-on-fees-oversight-could-cost-blues-millions-a6825141.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/19/jose-mourinho-advice-to-put-buy-back-clause-in-romelu-lukakus-Everton/

Was wrong not the echo. But founds tons of articles for both here is one for each. No buy back and no sell on fee. Mourinho really didn't like him lol

Edited by markjazzbassist

Great work. And I believe it was really 23m with 5m bonus for champs league? Or was it just Europe. So we've paid 15m and at some point the 5m for this next season (not sure when the payments are made). So we either owe 8m or 13m if it's 28 and if it's 23 then 3m or 8m. Not that bad really if we sell for 50-60 we'll still clear 35-45 on him.

Great work. And I believe it was really 23m with 5m bonus for champs league? Or was it just Europe. So we've paid 15m and at some point the 5m for this next season (not sure when the payments are made). So we either owe 8m or 13m if it's 28 and if it's 23 then 3m or 8m. Not that bad really if we sell for 50-60 we'll still clear 35-45 on him.

10m plus the loan fee for the first season. Either way, his goals have made the price worthwhile.

Read today that he wants a move but is going to give us the courtesy of listening to the new manager. 'Courtesy' really he's under contract. If we don't want him gone then he's got no say. However I've had enough of his own self importance. Take decent money and get rid.

I just dont get why men (boys) assume that they should be better than girls at playing fifa. Its not as if strength etc makes any difference, its all about who has the most practice.

I just assume because we're the master race.

You got beat by a girl didn't you!

every day Shukes, every day. (But thats enough about my daily fist fights)

Haha. You k ow I'm only joking, though I still play with my missus when competing with anything. I tell her she has no chance being a women and that she should feel proud when she loses a close one.

Usually ends up with a bruise somewhere on my ass or shins haha.

• 4 weeks later...