IGNORED

Lukaku

At 21 we should be looking at getting around 22mil for the lad. I would sell kone in the summer aswell as Mirallas. We should be looking at around £40mil for that lot, plus tv money, plus unspent money in 2014. I would really change the dynamics of the team around with certain signings. I would also trust bobby to put his stamp on this club with all that dollar. Then, and only then would I get rid if it doesn't live up to standards at that point. I would also like to see bobby utilise his knowledge abroad when looking at new signings. As haf said. Some signings have been all too lazy of late. He hasn't looked any further than half hour down the road.

why would we take a £6 mill loss we would at least want our money back on rom.

Patto, I'd take an £8m hit on him.

People say certain standards of players cost x. Liverpool signed sturridge for a lot less and he's a lot more.

I blame Martinez entirely for lukaku, lukaku just pisses me off cos he doesn't realise how lucky he is.

Patto, I'd take an £8m hit on him.

People say certain standards of players cost x. Liverpool signed sturridge for a lot less and he's a lot more.

I blame Martinez entirely for lukaku, lukaku just pisses me off cos he doesn't realise how lucky he is.

You're taking the piss now, sturridge all round game isnt as good as Lukaku's. Great poacher but very little else half teatime you don't notice him unless he scores. Again with the price? How much would he cost now? Actually don't answer because you're running this forum.

You're taking the piss now, sturridge all round game isnt as good as Lukaku's. Great poacher but very little else half teatime you don't notice him unless he scores. Again with the price? How much would he cost now? Actually don't answer because you're running this forum.

So wrong mate. Sturridge's movement alone beats lukaku hands down with any other attribute.

You serious??? I hate Liverpool but sturridge ticks every single box. He's faster, trickier, times his runs. Scores headers, is lethal. Far better player.

The fact is he's very limited in a few very important area's for me which he shouldn't at his age and with the coaching he will have had through his career so far

His touch will never improve much if at all and neither will his aerial ability, don't get me wrong he has some good pro points but also many cons and basic ones at that and he's never going to be the player he "seems" to think he is and many others do in my eyes

Also using his age is a moot point for me he's 21 not 16/17 gaining vital experience he's had plenty of that at pretty much the highest level for some time now and I genuinely can't see him improving a great deal.

I rate him and I'm not one for knocking players a great deal but I'll call it as I see it personally and at the moment I'd say Chelsea did a number on us financially and if we were to sell him tomorrow we'd be lucky to get over £20m

Oh and Sturridge is a much better player for me his all round game trounces Lukaku's

Lukaku had season with us on loan, Martinez and the Everton coaching staff had plenty of time to watch and assess the lad.

Martinez wanted him and paid mega bucks, Lukaku didn't set his own price.

Sturridge is the better striker of the two at present no doubt, Sturridge with age will probably only get more injury prone, whilst we can only hope with time Lukaku will develop into what Martinez obviously thought he was buying.

What did Martinez see in Lukaku to spend £28 million !.

Someone posted some interesting stats....

7 goals in 25 appearances - is this down to not getting chances?

NO. He has a chance conversion rate of 13% which means he has had 52 chances this season.

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/is-romelu-lukaku-good-enough-for-a-top-club/

Haf you're being far to critical of a young man here. where was deigo costa at his age. struggling to make it into Athletico Madrid. Rom will have 20 goals come end of season. Vault me if you wish

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

LVG Green light a £40m bid - ah right.... do Man United see advert saying "Everton January sale now on!" or was there a deal on groupon??? I checked HotUKDeals and I didn't see Romelu Lukaku listed on there

unless i'm mistaken Raheem Sterling went for £50, Martial daft money.....

Unfortunately I see the influence of his agent here.... lets hope Rom keeps his mouth shut and the only thing he says is "I am contracted to Everton and unless they decide to sell me then I will remain an Everton player"

Anyone in the game knows that his current price is around £60m - so stop playing silly games.

Blimey - did I think this time last year I would be saying this..... I was worried we couldn't recoup £28m.,..