IGNORED

Lukaku

Because I am a fan and a player. I captained my side and took responsibility for my team. I came on as sub and still shared that responsibility....that's what the word Team stands for!

Funnily enough, I now work as a production leader and take responsibility for my job.

As a professional football player that gets paid a fortune for his job I would expect them to have some loyalty to that club.

Guess we're just cut from a different cloth.

Because I am a fan and a player. I captained my side and took responsibility for my team. I came on as sub and still shared that responsibility....that's what the word Team stands for!

Funnily enough, I now work as a production leader and take responsibility for my job.

As a professional football player that gets paid a fortune for his job I would expect them to have some loyalty to that club.

Guess we're just cut from a different cloth.

You've responded like I said Lukaku should take no responsibility for our position. I didn't.

Sorry just a bit wound up over the whole player versus club thing.

I was responding to the Lukaku is better than Everton comment.

I do believe that all players and club officials should stand together though, they should win, lose, draw together.

A goal scored is important but so is not conceding. He didn't get us through the semi single handedly, it was a team effort.

Same as his goals haven't been enough to get us into the champions league....is that his fault? No of course not it's the whole teams.

Is a clean sheet down to Lukaku? Yes...it is. Again it's a team thing.

Edited by Shukes

Maybe I missed the 25 goals that he scored by picking the ball up from tim howard, beating 8 men on his own and slotting...

I'm being intentionally facetious. Going forward there has been very little wrong with "our team", defensively we have been shit which he is a part of as much as he is attacking. The amount of times he allows a DM or centre half to stride past him unchallenged is a fuckin joke.

Tony cottee was renown for having a "separated" responsibility. He would come off the pitch content and not despondant if he scored and we lost. Graeme Sharp highlighted that. It wasn't lost on many fans either. Cottee did very little work for the team and admitted that he didn't see why he should.

Maybe I missed the 25 goals that he scored by picking the ball up from tim howard, beating 8 men on his own and slotting...

I'm being intentionally facetious. Going forward there has been very little wrong with "our team", defensively we have been shit which he is a part of as much as he is attacking. The amount of times he allows a DM or centre half to stride past him unchallenged is a fuckin joke.

Tony cottee was renown for having a "separated" responsibility. He would come off the pitch content and not despondant if he scored and we lost. Graeme Sharp highlighted that. It wasn't lost on many fans either. Cottee did very little work for the team and admitted that he didn't see why he should.

yes you did miss them because he single handedly took on 5 men and the keeper against chelsea.

Here's a quote from Tony cottee

Howard used to say to me, Im not worried about your goal-scoring. I want you to work for the rest of the team. My attitude as a goal-scorer was, I dont want to work for the rest of the team Im the one who will score you the goals. So there was a bit of a clash from that point of view. Scoring goals was the easy part for me the hard part was everything else that went with it. You look at Ian Rush, who was a fantastic goal-scorer, but he also closed everyone down. I wanted to do what Rushie was doing but didnt feel capable of doing it I just wanted to score goals...

Cottee was nothing more than a poacher and it's absolutely ludicrous to compare him to Lukaku.

Rom offers so much more, he is the focal point of all our attacks, he has that physical presence and scores all kinds of goals but he also weighs in with his fare share of assists

Nobody will ever be bigger than the club but he is definitely too good to be playing for Martinez

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Im ok with him talking. Just shows that he wants the club to do better. He chose us, he wants it at Everton but right now with this and last seasons performances, he is "better" than the club.

If we sell him and Stones we can create something from him. We have used him for two seasons and can double our money. He has been worth it. Id miss him but its good business to sell, i wouldnt want him gone for talking. Its just good business.

Saying you want to play for a Champions League club is all well and good but there are only a handful of clubs realistically available to him.

the whole situation stinks - its all been co-ordinated, first his dad, then Rom, now his agent - no doubt his brother will pipe up next.

We have a few league games left and a very good opportunity to win a trophy and he is in the limelight because of "what he wants to do".

Martinez has made a point of not discussing contracts etc in the middle of a season as it distracts the players and I agree with it.

Let's blame Rom for everything, as it's a team game and apparently noone can standout and win a match. Stones misses the ball at the back post and the ball goes through Howard's legs..FFS where was Rom?

No one's blaming him for it all...were just not giving him a free ticket because he's too good for us either.

I want him to stay. But Ffs a little respect never hurt anyone.

Remember when we beat Man U, Aresnal and Barca for his signature... Ye me neither.

Yet we owe him so much for choosing us over West Brom.

Use us as a stepping stone by all means, but show some humility while your here.

Don't blame and don't care what he said or who he said it to.

It's been known that Lukaku would leave if we didn't achieve CL football. We look farther away than when we first joined and that's not Lukaku's fault. We aren't good enough at the moment, and it's not a "he's bigger than the club" issue. It's an Everton issue -- we wouldn't expect players like Morata or Lewandowski to move/stay at our club in our current state, and it doesn't make a difference that Lukaku is already here, his main ambition is going to be his career.

Honestly, I'm tired of politically correct comments. It's refreshing to see someone tell it like it is. If he said anything else we'd know he was lying.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Don't blame and don't care what he said or who he said it to.

It's been known that Lukaku would leave if we didn't achieve CL football. We look farther away than when we first joined and that's not Lukaku's fault. We aren't good enough at the moment, and it's not a "he's bigger than the club" issue. It's an Everton issue -- we wouldn't expect players like Morata or Lewandowski to move/stay at our club in our current state, and it doesn't make a difference that Lukaku is already here, his main ambition is going to be his career.

Honestly, I'm tired of politically correct comments. It's refreshing to see someone tell it like it is. If he said anything else we'd know he was lying.

its funny isn't it...

Rooney - didn't talk about going to other clubs, played in a far far worse team than Lukaku is and was a far more accomplished all round player who was ready to lead the united attack or any other teams attack for that matter. Yet he got absolutely destroyed by Everton fans.

Jeffers - under the baseball bat regime of smith and knox, he opted to move to arsenal. He never spoke to the press, he dealt with the club and left for the bright lights of London - he received stick.

Lescott - roundly booed by Everton fans for wanting to earn mega money and win trophies at Man City - never gave any interviews issuing a come and get me plea.

Lukaku - since being at Everton has repeatedly stated his desire to play for "bigger" clubs - Liverpool fans each time putting up articles on social media laughing at our small club status. Its ok though because apparently he deserves to play for a better club because he is too big for an Everton team with more talent than the other 3 players above had to play with.....

absolute nonsense - he has no respect for the club that employs him and fans who say that him talking about moves is "ok" are hypocrites as no doubt they had something to say about the other 3 at the time.

How good is his brother by the way?

He's good for the standards of the Belgian Pro League. Regular fullback for KV Oostende, a better-than-average team in our competition. My opinion? He could probably play for a championship team, but EPL will be too much to ask.

The Lukakus are very family-oriented, way more than club-oriented. The dad Roger pretty much sets out the outlines for his sons' careers, and regularly overrules the advice/suggestions of their agents. Romelu himself is zealous at being an older brother and sort of aims to drag his younger brother to be the best he can be and is adamant about bringing Jordan to the EPL (poor guy). Romelu is all about being the best he can be, but he sets the same standards for his younger brother.

If I were Jordan I'd either stay in Belgium or I'd go to the championship. His style fits the English game, but probably not on an EPL level.

He's good for the standards of the Belgian Pro League. Regular fullback for KV Oostende, a better-than-average team in our competition. My opinion? He could probably play for a championship team, but EPL will be too much to ask.

The Lukakus are very family-oriented, way more than club-oriented. The dad Roger pretty much sets out the outlines for his sons' careers, and regularly overrules the advice/suggestions of their agents. Romelu himself is zealous at being an older brother and sort of aims to drag his younger brother to be the best he can be and is adamant about bringing Jordan to the EPL (poor guy). Romelu is all about being the best he can be, but he sets the same standards for his younger brother.

If I were Jordan I'd either stay in Belgium or I'd go to the championship. His style fits the English game, but probably not on an EPL level.

thanks! i imagine the interest in his brother is an attempt to stop him from a move. they say hey we'll buy your brother if you stay here, and maybe rom plays another 2 years for us. great bargaining technique.

Lukaku - since being at Everton has repeatedly stated his desire to play for "bigger" clubs - Liverpool fans each time putting up articles on social media laughing at our small club status. Its ok though because apparently he deserves to play for a better club because he is too big for an Everton team with more talent than the other 3 players above had to play with.....

absolute nonsense - he has no respect for the club that employs him and fans who say that him talking about moves is "ok" are hypocrites as no doubt they had something to say about the other 3 at the time.

A couple of things, Hafnia...

I have been a Club Brugge fan since I was a child, if I had to be frustrated at every time a player said he wanted to move to a bigger club, I'd go insane. In fact, I would be mad to think that a player like Carlos Bacca or Ivan Perisic "should" stay at Club Brugge out of respect for the club! Everton isn't Real Madrid, get over it. I still enjoy supporting Everton more than Real.

Barkley, Deulofeu and Stones don't say it out loud, but if the atmosphere in the dressing room was such that club loyalty is more important than career development, then surely Romelu would never say such things out loud, cause that'd mess up the way his teammates will look at him. They're all the same, bro. They're all looking forward. The only thing you're basically objecting against is Romelu saying it out loud because you're QQ'ing about what LFC fans might possibly think. As if LFC itself is top-of-the-range in the football landscape. That's why they can't keep players like Mascherano or Suarez.

its funny isn't it...

Rooney - didn't talk about going to other clubs, played in a far far worse team than Lukaku is and was a far more accomplished all round player who was ready to lead the united attack or any other teams attack for that matter. Yet he got absolutely destroyed by Everton fans.

Jeffers - under the baseball bat regime of smith and knox, he opted to move to arsenal. He never spoke to the press, he dealt with the club and left for the bright lights of London - he received stick.

Lescott - roundly booed by Everton fans for wanting to earn mega money and win trophies at Man City - never gave any interviews issuing a come and get me plea.

I can only speak for myself but for me 2 of the 3 examples you have given are entirely different scenarios

Rooney was a blue who came through the ranks, Everton discovered him , Everton nurtured him Everton made him. One minute he is proclaiming once a blue always a blue the next he is jumping ship at the first opportunity. If Rooney had given the club a couple more seasons then I don't think he would have had as much abuse. Rooney lied through his teeth saying he was going to sign a new contract at least Rom is being honest and upfront about it

Pretty much the same applies to Jeffers, another local lad who I think the club and fans were well within their rights to expect a bit of loyalty from

I said at the time and have always maintained that I had no beef about Lescott going. He was just a member of staff who was offered a better job so why wouldn't he want to go?

I can only speak for myself but for me 2 of the 3 examples you have given are entirely different scenarios

Rooney was a blue who came through the ranks, Everton discovered him , Everton nurtured him Everton made him. One minute he is proclaiming once a blue always a blue the next he is jumping ship at the first opportunity. If Rooney had given the club a couple more seasons then I don't think he would have had as much abuse. Rooney lied through his teeth saying he was going to sign a new contract at least Rom is being honest and upfront about it

Pretty much the same applies to Jeffers, another local lad who I think the club and fans were well within their rights to expect a bit of loyalty from

I said at the time and have always maintained that I had no beef about Lescott going. He was just a member of staff who was offered a better job so why wouldn't he want to go?

In fairness you were one of the few who didnt hold it against lescott. Most did though.

I disagree with him touting his desire to play for another club under contract mid season.

Edited by Hafnia

its funny isn't it...

Who cares about the Kopites? Suarez left them, after they stood by the biting and racism etc. Sterling left them as well. Seriously...who are they to say that? These are the same gobshites that mocked us for spending 28 on Rom when they got Balotelli for less. Who gives a flying fuck what they have to say about anything?

Who cares about the Kopites? Suarez left them, after they stood by the biting and racism etc. Sterling left them as well. Seriously...who are they to say that? These are the same gobshites that mocked us for spending 28 on Rom when they got Balotelli for less. Who gives a flying fuck what they have to say about anything?

The kopites never said "its ok Raheem, you deserve to play for a club who will be in the champions league" - they were fuming by his stance and have let him know what they think of him.

The kopites never thought it was ok for Suarez to demand Liverpool let him go in 2013 when Arsenal bid £40,000,0001 - they turned on him, did their usual pressure and he relented and stayed for a year and nearly won them the league.

The kopites never thought it was ok for Gerrard to go to Chelsea twice - because they don't think any player is bigger than their club... just like no player is bigger than Everton.

The reality is 2 out of 3 of their players above were world class at the time and could play for any team in the world - Lukaku as much as all the fanfare suggests is not world class, he is not bigger than Everton and fans should not be ok with him talking about moves while he has important games to play for us.

If we accept its ok for players to talk about moves to "bigger clubs" when they are playing for Everton then how do we expect players to respect us as a proud club with great tradition?

The kopites never said "its ok Raheem, you deserve to play for a club who will be in the champions league" - they were fuming by his stance and have let him know what they think of him.

The kopites never thought it was ok for Suarez to demand Liverpool let him go in 2013 when Arsenal bid £40,000,0001 - they turned on him, did their usual pressure and he relented and stayed for a year and nearly won them the league.

The kopites never thought it was ok for Gerrard to go to Chelsea twice - because they don't think any player is bigger than their club... just like no player is bigger than Everton.

The reality is 2 out of 3 of their players above were world class at the time and could play for any team in the world - Lukaku as much as all the fanfare suggests is not world class, he is not bigger than Everton and fans should not be ok with him talking about moves while he has important games to play for us.

If we accept its ok for players to talk about moves to "bigger clubs" when they are playing for Everton then how do we expect players to respect us as a proud club with great tradition?

So now LFC fans' behaviour is the norm for EFC? The statement of players being "bigger" or "smaller" than a club is nonsense. That's like establishing a hierarchy between a fruit and a color. Players are career oriented. Club loyalty doesn't exist. The statement "no player is bigger than the club" is a dumb oneliner to kill logic. Let's be the bigger persons here and acknowledge reality and then go from there.

And I'm glad you mentioned Gerrard. The great example of club loyalty, right? The fact he's always been a one-club man has nothing to do with club loyalty. It's cause he's English. And English players in the EPL, or at least the good ones, are priceless. Off course teams like Chelsea or ManU are at some point going to be interested in him, and LFC is going to slap a price on his arse that's twice what he's worth. So ManU and Chelsea will think: we got our own batch of English stars, let's buy some foreign mid who can do the same job for much less and both teams went on to win the Champion's League without Gerrard. Club loyalty my arse, nobody was as stupid to buy him from LFC, that's the only truth. If Roman Abramovic would have been mad enough to still buy him, Gerrard would have been more (London) blue than a fuckin smurf.

So now LFC fans' behaviour is the norm for EFC? The statement of players being "bigger" or "smaller" than a club is nonsense. That's like establishing a hierarchy between a fruit and a color. Players are career oriented. Club loyalty doesn't exist. The statement "no player is bigger than the club" is a dumb oneliner to kill logic. Let's be the bigger persons here and acknowledge reality and then go from there.

And I'm glad you mentioned Gerrard. The great example of club loyalty, right? The fact he's always been a one-club man has nothing to do with club loyalty. It's cause he's English. And English players in the EPL, or at least the good ones, are priceless. Off course teams like Chelsea or ManU are at some point going to be interested in him, and LFC is going to slap a price on his arse that's twice what he's worth. So ManU and Chelsea will think: we got our own batch of English stars, let's buy some foreign mid who can do the same job for much less and both teams went on to win the Champion's League without Gerrard. Club loyalty my arse, nobody was as stupid to buy him from LFC, that's the only truth. If Roman Abramovic would have been mad enough to still buy him, Gerrard would have been more (London) blue than a fuckin smurf.

Don't try and twist my words - don't be thinking you can score points because it's a Liverpool Everton thing. Liverpool fans don't take kindly to players showing disloyalty. They acted when hicks and Gillette needed gone, they acted when the club were going to hike the prices up and they certainly wouldn't be happy about a player talking about moving mid way through the season.

As for Gerrard - you don't think he would have improved any team in the prem moving from Liverpool at the time of the two bids from Chelsea? LOL - I hate the bloke as an Evertonian - it doesn't stop me from stating that he is one of the best all round midfielders I have seen in the game in the last 40 years. Gerrard from 2005 till a few years ago costing a transfer fee of £40-£50m is a bargain.

Being a youth product or a multi million pound signing has no bearing on the expectation that you remain at the club - how you go about doing it does...

Edited by Hafnia