IGNORED

Lukaku

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/why-manchester-united-should-be-wary-of-spending-big-on-romelu-lukaku

This article perfectly sums up my thoughts on Rom - it could have been written by me. There is the positives that he undoubtedly has - but the cautionary bits are absolutely bang on IMO.

For me - £60m would be an excellent sum for a player who "we just don't know which version will turn up". At Everton there isn't a great magnifying glass over him, at United - if he has one of his "45 minutes" it would make world news.

Players will be well aware into how they should be marking him "get tight, give him a kick to let him know, don't let him turn and make him pass" - pulis had Olsen do this to him and so did Otamendi in the second leg of the semi final.

In your opinion.

I my opinion, I don't believe that "regardless of what we do as a club" he'd have been on the move. I genuinely think if Everton had achieved CL in our second season, this wouldn't even be a discussion. We'd have been able to build on those foundations and created something beautiful. Unfortunately, we've been the best part of dire for the last 2 years and all the things that were promised in the first instances, have all but diminished. That goes for all our top talent. How can we hold on to geuine to talent, if we aren't where we 'should' be.

Kane, you love him, do you honestly believe that he'd not be mooted to be off to a 'top' club, if Tottenham were languishing mid-bottom table, based on the quality they have in their squad?

And if it's money he (Rom) is interested in, why would he move? We now have money, we're most likely to give him a bumper pay packet and do everything in our power to keep him.

Media reports have also suggested, he loves the club, appreciates the time we've spent on his development and the people he's worked alongside.

Does he talk more openly than he should? Yes he does. Foolish in anyone's mind. But do I believe he'll throw his toys out? No. If anything, he might be persuaded into talking too much by that absolute nob rot of an agent but most personal profiles of Romelu Lukaku, are very positive. Talking of a sensible, ambitious young man who doesn't step out of line in training or on official duties.

But I form that opinion based on what I read (media), what I know (close sources) and what I wish to believe based on those first two pieces of information.

I'm not necessarily right (as there is no fact to back either argument) but I do believe he's off just not necessarily for the reasons you state.

If anything, he might be persuaded into talking too much by that absolute nob rot of an agent but most personal profiles of Romelu Lukaku, are very positive. Talking of a sensible, ambitious young man who doesn't step out of line in training or on official duties.

Spot on - I do believe his agent is making him talk to much. I also believe like you that he is just a generally a nice person and very ambitious. Unfortunately it looks like he is going to move on this summer but if the reported 56+ million is true, double the amount we paid then we can't turn that down.

In your opinion.

I my opinion, I don't believe that "regardless of what we do as a club" he'd have been on the move. I genuinely think if Everton had achieved CL in our second season, this wouldn't even be a discussion. We'd have been able to build on those foundations and created something beautiful. Unfortunately, we've been the best part of dire for the last 2 years and all the things that were promised in the first instances, have all but diminished. That goes for all our top talent. How can we hold on to geuine to talent, if we aren't where we 'should' be.

Kane, you love him, do you honestly believe that he'd not be mooted to be off to a 'top' club, if Tottenham were languishing mid-bottom table, based on the quality they have in their squad?

And if it's money he (Rom) is interested in, why would he move? We now have money, we're most likely to give him a bumper pay packet and do everything in our power to keep him.

Media reports have also suggested, he loves the club, appreciates the time we've spent on his development and the people he's worked alongside.

Does he talk more openly than he should? Yes he does. Foolish in anyone's mind. But do I believe he'll throw his toys out? No. If anything, he might be persuaded into talking too much by that absolute nob rot of an agent but most personal profiles of Romelu Lukaku, are very positive. Talking of a sensible, ambitious young man who doesn't step out of line in training or on official duties.

But I form that opinion based on what I read (media), what I know (close sources) and what I wish to believe based on those first two pieces of information.

I'm not necessarily right (as there is no fact to back either argument) but I do believe he's off just not necessarily for the reasons you state.

Kane is Spurs through and through. The lad is a spurs fan for a start, secondly Man United enquired about him at £50m last year and not one comment came from Kane, he in fact signed a contract at £35k a week to take him to 2020. I do not think for one second "champions league" is a trigger to make him stay or go.

Feb 2015 - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/9712353/premier-league-everton-striker-romelu-lukaku-wants-to-move-to-a-top-club - in the middle of a poor run of form he talks about moving to a top club

June 2015:- "That's the aim. Every player wants to play in the Champions League; every player wants to play at the highest level. You have to be ambitious in life.

"That's something that he (Raiola) has the right to say and I support him in that, otherwise we wouldn't be working together. He's my agent for something. - so there he confirms that he hired Raiola as a means of getting him the move. He hired him 1 year into his 5 year contract.

Players come and go - he is not one of us and I accept him going. He's banged in goals and some fans view that as the be all and end all. For me though its hardly like he will be leaving with a heavy heart - he's had far too many interviews regarding his "ambition" - not ideally timed either. I think he has said some positive things about us in the sense that "they took a gamble on me when no one else would" - smashing.

I think Michael Ball gets it absolutely spot on here - as usual

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-ball-everton-fc-striker-11106206

Are you talking about this "through and through" Spurs fan?

2577B07C00000578-0-image-a-24_1423603388

He conducted himself properly (based on me not actually being that bothered to search the web for an article that may prove otherwise), i'll give you that.

Honestly, i'm not as blinded by Rom's approach as you seem to think I am. I see it for what it is. But your opinion isn't factual, it's based on belief. Which is entirely your choice. You see things differently to myself and others, that's fine.

As I've said, he talks too much. Do I blame the kid for being ambitious no? Do I blame him for badly mistimed comments. Yes, it's ridiculous, as Ball mentions in your article. But is he as selfish, money grabbing, conniving as you believe he is? Not at all.

I don't believe that.

Me neither

Don't see what is so hard to believe that one of Europes best young forwards wants to test himself on the biggest stage and to win trophies. I could be wrong but I really cant see this being about money and that argument will likely be blown out of the water if we offer him an improved contract anyway

Are you talking about this "through and through" Spurs fan?

2577B07C00000578-0-image-a-24_1423603388

He conducted himself properly (based on me not actually being that bothered to search the web for an article that may prove otherwise), i'll give you that.

Honestly, i'm not as blinded by Rom's approach as you seem to think I am. I see it for what it is. But your opinion isn't factual, it's based on belief. Which is entirely your choice. You see things differently to myself and others, that's fine.

As I've said, he talks too much. Do I blame the kid for being ambitious no? Do I blame him for badly mistimed comments. Yes, it's ridiculous, as Ball mentions in your article. But is he as selfish, money grabbing, conniving as you believe he is? Not at all.

"I wanted to wear a Tottenham kit but I don't think that would've gone down to well," Kane said.

"I was eight-years-old. I was at Arsenal for a year and obviously I was a kid, I just wanted to play football. "I've been at Spurs since I was 11-years-old, always loved the club. I've been here 10 years and hopefully many more years to come."

I think that's strong enough.

If Rom had any sort of respect for the club he would have dodged the question - he's an intelligent lad after all. We are in the semi's of the FA Cup and stuck on 38 points and he is talking about moving... disrespectful - simple as that. Whatever his motivation - money, ego ambition he is going about this the wrong way. His agent is no doubt behind it all - he is an expert at getting players sold, after all that's is why Rom employed him.

Get as much money as we can for him and forget him. I don't think we will be looking on with envy in a years time, he will knock in some goals no doubt but top teams will want far more out of him than he gives.

Me neither

Don't see what is so hard to believe that one of Europes best young forwards wants to test himself on the biggest stage and to win trophies. I could be wrong but I really cant see this being about money and that argument will likely be blown out of the water if we offer him an improved contract anyway

An improved contract off us will not be nowhere near as much as what he will get by moving - for a start he will get a minimum of £6m signing on fee - throw in the fact that a team like United will have a far bigger salary cap and his image rights will increase as a result.

If we offered him £110k a week (which I think is about max) which is a 50% pay rise he would be costing himself £12m over 5 years based on his new team offering him £150k a week and a signing on fee of approx 10%.

An improved contract off us will not be nowhere near as much as what he will get by moving - for a start he will get a minimum of £6m signing on fee - throw in the fact that a team like United will have a far bigger salary cap and his image rights will increase as a result.

If we offered him £110k a week (which I think is about max) which is a 50% pay rise he would be costing himself £12m over 5 years based on his new team offering him £150k a week and a signing on fee of approx 10%.

You can't possibly know what Everton will offer him now that we have Moshiri behind us so it's all just wild speculation

I agree he hasn't handled it well and shouldn't be talking about other clubs whilst we are preparing for a semi final

But so far you have been well wide of the mark where Rom is concerned and I honestly think you are wrong again here

You can't possibly know what Everton will offer him now that we have Moshiri behind us so it's all just wild speculation

I agree he hasn't handled it well and shouldn't be talking about other clubs whilst we are preparing for a semi final

But so far you have been well wide of the mark where Rom is concerned and I honestly think you are wrong again here

Based on the financial fair play being inline with TV + commercial and match day revenue it puts us down in the middle to bottom half of the premier league. We are not allowed to use "moshiri's money" to pay a players wages

So unless we were able to offer Rom £150k a week and all the other players would be content with their £70k max we are restricted. Moshiri's money will only give us more "wage spending power" when we have much better commercial and match day revenue streams.

This doesn't bother me. Lukaku is better than Everton, that's the bottom line. Take off you blue tinted glasses, and that's the truth. Without him we'd be fighting with Sunderland and Newcastle. We've had an outstanding talent like his and wasted it...how many teams would love to have Rom upfront? With a striker of that quality to be sitting bottom half of the table is a disgrace. Can you blame a lad with his goal scoring record to want to play Champions League football? Really? He's good enough, and he deserves it. All of this moaning about him talking or his attitude...got no time for that. He's given plenty, played through injuries when clearly not 100% fit to help the club. He wanted CL footy before coming here, but was convinced he could get it here and as he'd had a good loan felt at home and bought into it, like we all did with Bobby. It's not his fault that the rest have been shite and that Martinez has proven to be a fraud.

Edited by CraccerC

You joking?

Don't agree with a lot of the Lukaku criticism but saying he is better than Everton is ridiculous.

No player has even been or ever will be better than thier club.

We have been around for longer than his grandparents and will be here long after his grandkids have gone. We have won more trophy than he will ever win. We have a history that is rich and great.

We have more fans than Lukaku.

We are Everton.

This doesn't bother me. Lukaku is better than Everton, that's the bottom line. Take off you blue tinted glasses, and that's the truth. Without him we'd be fighting with Sunderland and Newcastle. We've had an outstanding talent like his and wasted it...how many teams would love to have Rom upfront? With a striker of that quality to be sitting bottom half of the table is a disgrace. Can you blame a lad with his goal scoring record to want to play Champions League football? Really? He's good enough, and he deserves it. All of this moaning about him talking or his attitude...got no time for that. He's given plenty, played through injuries when clearly not 100% fit to help the club. He wanted CL footy before coming here, but was convinced he could get it here and as he'd had a good loan felt at home and bought into it, like we all did with Bobby. It's not his fault that the rest have been shite and that Martinez has proven to be a fraud.

Don't think you would get many people disagree with you there

Based on the financial fair play being inline with TV + commercial and match day revenue it puts us down in the middle to bottom half of the premier league. We are not allowed to use "moshiri's money" to pay a players wages

So unless we were able to offer Rom £150k a week and all the other players would be content with their £70k max we are restricted. Moshiri's money will only give us more "wage spending power" when we have much better commercial and match day revenue streams.

Lose McGeady and Piennar off the wage bell and you have more than enough to offer Rom a bumper new contract

Lukaku could easily get in most top teams, he should be playing champs league and you have to blame his manager and team mates for not making that happen here. Why should he shut up when it's our fault for not matching his ambition. I'd actually be happier if he called the manager and lacklustre teammates out.

I'd understand the anger if this was Stones or Barkley, who are potential ones who could one day play for the very top, but not performing well enough. But atm the hate towards Lukaku is coming across as bitter, like he's cheated on yer.

Don't think you would get many people disagree with you there

Found one!

You joking?

Don't agree with a lot of the Lukaku criticism but saying he is better than Everton is ridiculous.

We have been around for longer than his grandparents and will be here long after his grandkids have gone. We have won more trophy than he will ever win. We have a history that is rich and great.

We are Everton.

I'm Gutted hearing he wants to go and it looks like its a fore gone conclusion to me ,We have had one of our best squads in the last 2 years and we have failed to reach our potential ( Top 4) which is so frustrating ,We just need to win the CUP now !!!

Is it the Manager ? Or the players under performing? or Both ?

Spot on

Lose McGeady and Piennar off the wage bell and you have more than enough to offer Rom a bumper new contract

offer rom a bumper contract and the other players agents demand that their player gets a rise - the top earner is the benchmark that is used for negotiations, that's why pay structure is very strictly monitored.

You joking?

We are Everton.

exactly this.

A player "is better than Everton"?

Never is a player better than Everton and certainly not him. Good finisher, formidable athlete when he wants to be - technically average, questionable workrate - will go on to have a decent enough career and win a few medals as a squad player but lacks the consistency and attitude to be the player that someone with his physical attributes should have.

As Michael Ball said - he's a long way off world class.

Lukaku could easily get in most top teams, he should be playing champs league and you have to blame his manager and team mates for not making that happen here. Why should he shut up when it's our fault for not matching his ambition. I'd actually be happier if he called the manager and lacklustre teammates out.

I'd understand the anger if this was Stones or Barkley, who are potential ones who could one day play for the very top, but not performing well enough. But atm the hate towards Lukaku is coming across as bitter, like he's cheated on yer.

I'd disagree that Pete, I'm in no way slating his ability he's a great player but the few pitfalls in his game will hamper him easily waling into most truly top and moreso elite sides bar United and Chelsea on current form

I really do hope we can keep hold of the lad and build with and around him but I don't think that's going to be possible with Martinez at the helm.

I do agree fully with Haf on how Rom's conducted himself in interviews regarding his future irrespective of ambition which he's fully entitled to have but he shouldn't air it publicly

If he goes he goes we'll be handsomely compensated for it and as said he's far from bigger than the club and as we've done countless times we'll move on I just don't want Martinez being the man spending what money we'd receive if he does leave

Found one!

I'm just shocked there aren't loads like me. Absolutely shocked.

This is an Everton Forum not a Lukaku forum...or it Should be.

I want him to stay, I want him to shut up and stand with his teammates. I want him to take an equal part of responsibility for our position. I want to see him fight for us!

But if he wants to go, then let him. We are much more important as a club to me.

I am a football fan, an Everton fan, not a neutral. We will love on the same as we always do, same as we always have.

Player better than a club? Sad to hear fans support that.

You'll always get reactions like that on an Everton forum, I expected no less. I'm not saying he's more important, or we should see him as irreplaceable, I love Everton first and foremost and the club will be fine with or without him. He is, however, a cut above our level and anything we've had in many many years. It is what it is. Just like Suarez was better than Liverpool, and Ronaldo better than United. Be sad about it all you want, it's still reality. Lukaku is Belgian and isn't a fan of Everton like you or I, he's a professional that wants the best for his career.
We are lucky to have Lukaku and hopefully he'll fire us to glory after single-handedly putting us through to the semi. Enjoy having him rather than moan about a few (fair) comments he's made over the course of his time here. If you want to angle your criticism anywhere, ask why Leicester are on for the league, Spurs their closest challenger, West Ham and United competing for CL spots and we're sitting in 12th with our worst home record in premier league history.

Why should he take an equal responsibility for our position? He's got 25 goals this season so is doing his job just fine, whereas his efforts are being negated by others.

I agree he shouldn't be talking as much as he is though, and if he wants to go then so be it.

I don't get that either he's had his moments this season and could have done better but that an umbrella statement for the whole side

Martinez is to blame for our position first and foremost