IGNORED

Lukaku

To be fair only Roberto got this one right.

We all raised our eyebrows at the price we paid but credit to Roberto we could double our money if he leaves the lad will only get better now.

For me to replace him "effectively" would be a 2 player approach - a class attacking mid/second striker and a clinical hard working goal scorer.

£60m would give us that money but it carries risk for every Suarez there are a load of salgados.

Just seen sky's ports news and they covered the sun on Sunday story that Lukaku would snub man united in favour of Real Madrid or PSG.

I do not think he would get on with Ronaldo and that team would not allow him his "off days". Ronaldo is a tit, let's face it. Tremendous player but he hates other players scoring and he shows it.

Just seen sky's ports news and they covered the sun on Sunday story that Lukaku would snub man united in favour of Real Madrid or PSG.

I do not think he would get on with Ronaldo and that team would not allow him his "off days". Ronaldo is a tit, let's face it. Tremendous player but he hates other players scoring and he shows it.

PSG would be perfect for him. Plus they speak French which is his native tongue. Ibra will retire or go to MLS and he can be part of that attack now. I'd prefer to sell him abroad so we don't have to play him.

Just for arguments sake, if he did leave who would you replace him with?

I think it would be very difficult to do, that not just in terms of ability but we are setup as a team now around him.

I concur.

Decent goal scoring, lone strikers are very rare.

He's a likable guy to and always gets involved with the banter in the dressing room. He'd big a big miss for the other young lads, no question.

£65m is a very good price if I am honest. We just can not turn that sort of money down... lets hope our scouts have some striking talent lined up. That £65m + 8.5m nais money can go a long way....

Goalkeeper £6-8m, Yarmolenko £20m, right back cover £5m, and 2 strikers £40m

£65m is a very good price if I am honest. We just can not turn that sort of money down... lets hope our scouts have some striking talent lined up. That £65m + 8.5m nais money can go a long way....

Goalkeeper £6-8m, Yarmolenko £20m, right back cover £5m, and 2 strikers £40m

Agreed, unfortunately. I'd still much rather keep him.

ST- Embolo - £12m

ST - Batshuay - £12m

LW/SS - Calhanoglu - £18m

CM - Goretzka - 10m

CB - Sule - £8m

RB - Ivan Lopez - £2m

GK - Leno - £10m / GK - Dragowski - £3m

we'd never see all the money, maybe 40m tops, and with everyone knowing we'd just been paid a fortune, you can tack on 50% extra per player. I think we'd see a striker, AMC and maybe a keeper, nothing more.

£65m is a shit ton of money. We'd be stupid to turn that down. But, I really hope we don't need to make that decision. I'd rather have Rom than £65m to play with, trying to replace him.

That said, this is probably a bullshit rumor. We don't normally leak information like this. £65m is a generous sum, so it either comes from his agent (trying to drum up more hype for his client and more commission for the future), our club (trying to inflate his price, because we are afraid of losing him), or it comes out of thin air (and the journo is doing us a perverse favor by saying any Prem club would be paying a British-record fee for him).

we'd never see all the money, maybe 40m tops, and with everyone knowing we'd just been paid a fortune, you can tack on 50% extra per player. I think we'd see a striker, AMC and maybe a keeper, nothing more.

I know, these were just suggestions. In any combination!

What i'd like Everton to do with the money aha.

Sterling 49 million - Lukaku 65 million?

How much did Real pay for Bale and Barca for Suarez?

Suarez went for £75m... lets get things into perspective now, Lukaku is nowhere near that level of footballer - not many are.

I hate suarez for obvious reasons but seriously we are talking about one of the best 3 strikers to have played the game in the last 30 years IMO. Thats not an exaggeration - I can only think of Henry who could single handedly take on players anywhere in the final half of the pitch and create a genuine goalscoring chance. As a player he is one of the most rounded forwards I have ever seen, he makes his team mates play better, he actively gets the team to press and recover possession.

Plus if people know we've got £65m to splash asking prices will rocket.

We'd need to buy players first (imo). Like Liverpool did the summer before they let Suarez go. Get an agreement in principle, in confidence, then buy the players you want, still claiming Lukaku isn't going anywhere, get your targets all in (at a decent price) and then sell the big man to recoup the costs.

We'd need to buy players first (imo). Like Liverpool did the summer before they let Suarez go. Get an agreement in principle, in confidence, then buy the players you want, still claiming Lukaku isn't going anywhere, get your targets all in (at a decent price) and then sell the big man to recoup the costs.

Massive danger for us though. That lot have money to burn for some reason, we don't.

• 3 weeks later...