IGNORED

Lukaku

Jags, Mori and Galloway, I don't think Browning, Foulds or Holgate will be ready for the fist team next season. Jags will be what 34? so he wont play every game.

Come to think of it we need a RB to cover Coleman, unless we are going to use one of the youths comming up.

Cahill of Chelski may be an idea for CB, no idea of right back.

Edited by London Blue

• 1 month later...

Good point, although I can kind of understand Roger Lukaku being interviewed, he used to play for Zaire. It's like Paul Ince being asked about his son (whose name escapes me at the moment!)

Edit: Tom Ince

Edited by Louis

I don't blame him. When Roberto first joined Everton the highlight of his plan was getting into CL.

Well we're further off now then we were when Lukaku first joined according to table results. Rom has been saying that forever and despite some opinions on this board, he is a hot target due to his age and ability to finish.

We're going into our 4th season with Bobby and still nothing to show. We can't show even progress.

The only issue with this, for me, is now teams know he's looking to get out and purchasing teams could bid lower prices based on the fact the player wants to leave.

If a player was adamant he wasn't going any where, any potential suitors would need to cough up serious dough, in order to convince.

The only issue with this, for me, is now teams know he's looking to get out and purchasing teams could bid lower prices based on the fact the player wants to leave.

If a player was adamant he wasn't going any where, any potential suitors would need to cough up serious dough, in order to convince.

It won't make any difference, he has 3 years on his contract and if nobody matches our valuation he won't be going anywhere

Can't blame the lad for having ambition,his career is taking off and he is now one of the best forwards in the Premiership if not Europe so it's only natural that he should want to play Champions League football. Sadly under Bobby Walker Everton are going in the opposite direction so why would he want to stay?

Due to his age and vast improvement and his goal record you have to be looking to start off at £60 mill 3 x £20 mill players through the spine of the team and spend on a keeper and we are laughing. Let's make a statement go early for butland for £20 mill a balls out midfielder and I think we need two strikers. I wouldn't say no to bony and I would deffo go for deembele at Fulham. Plus pay off Bobby and get de boar in

Id be ok with 100-120 mil for Lukaku and Stones. That and the 100 mil rumoured investment and we will be able to completly remodel all parts of the team.

2 new defenders

2 new midfielders

2 new strikers

At least one winger and a goalie.

As I see it, these are the players we have that can take a place in our new team and push for CL.

Coleman, Mori, Jags (but only 1 max 2 years) Baines (same as Jags), Oviedo, Lennon, McCarthy, Barry (one max 2 years), Deulofeu, Mirallas (if he wants to stay)

The rest (apart from Lukaku and Stones) are good subs and the youth are not there yet.

So if we are to get to the CL next season we have to invest some serious money. We need to sell Stones (my first choice to sell) and maybe Lukaku (but id prefer to keep him, would mean that we already have a world class striker)

Id be ok with 100-120 mil for Lukaku and Stones. That and the 100 mil rumoured investment and we will be able to completly remodel all parts of the team.

2 new defenders

2 new midfielders

2 new strikers

At least one winger and a goalie.

As I see it, these are the players we have that can take a place in our new team and push for CL.

Coleman, Mori, Jags (but only 1 max 2 years) Baines (same as Jags), Oviedo, Lennon, McCarthy, Barry (one max 2 years), Deulofeu, Mirallas (if he wants to stay)

The rest (apart from Lukaku and Stones) are good subs and the youth are not there yet.

So if we are to get to the CL next season we have to invest some serious money. We need to sell Stones (my first choice to sell) and maybe Lukaku (but id prefer to keep him, would mean that we already have a world class striker)

Barkley a good sub? Still some mediocre players in that side. If want to get into the champions league we need to get rid of the following players from the starting lineup IMO.

Barry, Jagielka, McCarthy, Baines & Lennon. They're good subs. Not starters for CL football.

I'm pretty resigned to Lukaku and Stones going in the summer. Stones has been sulking ever since the crowd started suggesting he shouldn't be fucking around with the ball in the vicinity of his own box, his form is that of a player who doesn't want to wear the shirt. Good riddance, he is not yet anywhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Lukaku is more galling, but alongside Kane he's the hottest young property in the Prem. Kane is chasing the title and guaranteed CL next season, Lukaku is playing for a mid-table club who may squeak into Europa via cup win. We can't match his ambitions because we have the wrong man in charge, pretty much inevitable he'll leave in my view.

Edited by nogs

Barkley a good sub? Still some mediocre players in that side. If want to get into the champions league we need to get rid of the following players from the starting lineup IMO.

Barry, Jagielka, McCarthy, Baines & Lennon. They're good subs. Not starters for CL football.

I missed Barkley, hes a keeper (well, not actually a keeper, hes a midfielder but you get my point)

Barkley is obviously a starting man. Dunno how i could forget him :-o

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum doesn't equate to much under the current managerial regime. So his ambitions HAVE outgrown us.

Don't blame him.

Wish he wouldn't make it as public as he has but I don't condemn his thoughts.

He (and us) were lead to beleive that with Martinez, we were targeting CL football. In reality, we're targeting most possession stats on whoscored.com, or whatever other stat sites people use.

I'm sorry but this whole champions league "ambition" thing is a load of tosh - he just wants a move, he is keen on a move to Man United? they wont be in the champions league next year IMO. 2 years ago we were in the hunt for champions league football and he was piping up to the media about needing to play champions league - this was in the midst of us playing those key games that could have earned us qualification - as it happened he went missing in key games especially the game away to Southampton where he was diabolical.

Right now he is piping up and we have a chance of some silverwear - why can't he just say "we are in the middle of some important games for Everton and it wouldn't be right to talk about my future at this stage of the season".

I've never thought he seen us any more than a short term measure club.

Does anyone honestly think that he wouldn't throw his toys out the pram to get his move? The way Martinez spoke there has clearly been some dialogue a while back about Lukaku moving. His agent was in the media back in October saying "WE spoke to Martinez and he would sell him if a big offer came in" - this is back in October.... the whole ambition thing is a joke its all about £££.

He wants to go regardless of what Martinez or we do as a club.

Edited by Hafnia

I don't believe that.

Unfortunately the dates of the interviews are indicative of a player who had his mind set on moving before the "outcome" of the season was anywhere near established. He hired Mino Raiola around this time time last year despite being in a 4 year contract.

If you look at it - Lukaku throughout his time at Everton even including his loan period has always talked about other clubs - he is a little more discreet nowadays but not the less it points to a player who has never seen Everton in the way many players "get sucked in".

Personally I think he will struggle at a club like United. He needs to feel he is the big fish in a small pond - I believe expectation will really hamper him and his "off games" will not be tolerated at all.