IGNORED

Lukaku

When we first signed him on loan and he had that game vs West Ham he was a great prospect - technically raw but athletic with an eye for goal. 

For me the biggest downfall for him was his attitude/mindset.  He was all about his numbers - he would feast on weaker sides and almost be half arsed if he wasn't getting change out of the big sides.  I didn't like him because of his attitude, his interviews wanting away just added to that. 

this is a player who was the same age as Harry Kane and at the time technically raw like Kane with better athleticism. The difference is Kane had an elite mindset and worked on his game, Lukaku didn't.   Yeah his first touch was never going to be great, I argued that he left it too late to improve but the reality is it seemed to get worse. 

should have been far more than he was and I was spot on when I said he would be playing in a shite league when he should be at his prime. 

On 26/01/2024 at 17:08, Newty82 said:

...seen clips of Tom Davies the other week. THAT goal vs Man City. The one Lukaku followed all the way to the goal line, never seen him move so fast, the ball was literally above the goal line and he still had a go at touching it...tried to claim it too.

Cunt.

Absolutely. Remember watching that game with my brother and he said "Fuck, he can't do that. It's his team-mate".

On 26/01/2024 at 16:08, Newty82 said:

...seen clips of Tom Davies the other week. THAT goal vs Man City. The one Lukaku followed all the way to the goal line, never seen him move so fast, the ball was literally above the goal line and he still had a go at touching it...tried to claim it too.

Cunt.

I said at the time it was a disgrace, he literally tried his best to nick it and even though I think it went over the line he was pointing at his chest.   Imagine trying to nick a kids wonder goal... it really was a social goal too. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

We've got a younger version of his current self who works harder in Beto haven't we?

In fairness Lukaku wouldn't have missed the chances Beto has.  

one day we may actually sign a well rounded forward. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

In fairness Lukaku wouldn't have missed the chances Beto has.  

one day we may actually sign a well rounded forward. 

since he left us...

Edit: I'm not counting a save and literally hitting the post as criticism  :lol: