IGNORED

Lukaku

i think he'll thrive too; quicker build up, more direct, actual support... I.e everything a striker needs to succeed

Yep I am genuinely excited by what I think Koeman is trying to do with the team, I imagine fast powerful players running off and supporting Lukaku and mixing in with the trickery of Deulofeu, Barkley. All players pressing and harassing opponents.

Lets hope eh.

He will not get all the over indulgement that he got from Roberto.

If he thinks he can just do those games that pissed me off where he strolled around making primary school level striker runs then I think koeman will kick his arse. Then that's where we will see what he is made of.

I think koeman is well versed in that dutch/Belgian trait that we see from some of their players.

He can shove his apology up his arse. He knew what he was doing... if he had a decent euros he would be gone. Simple as that. His agent will have pimped him to every club and at £60m there was no interest. I thought he was nailed on for Chelsea.

Let's just say his most ardent and forgiving fans will not be so patient with him after his behaviour.

He will not get all the over indulgement that he got from Roberto.

If he thinks he can just do those games that pissed me off where he strolled around making primary school level striker runs then I think koeman will kick his arse. Then that's where we will see what he is made of.

I think koeman is well versed in that dutch/Belgian trait that we see from some of their players.

He can shove his apology up his arse. He knew what he was doing... if he had a decent euros he would be gone. Simple as that. His agent will have pimped him to every club and at £60m there was no interest. I thought he was nailed on for Chelsea.

Let's just say his most ardent and forgiving fans will not be so patient with him after his behaviour.

we will be if he scores

I think rom has had a change of heart,let's face it if Chelsea are the only club in for him they haven't got champs league. He has just turned 23. New manager, he can see the quality of signings and the potential rumoured ones. His mate pogba lives down the east lancs. I can see a new contract getting signed with a huge buyout clause

Lukaku is clearly ambitious, but he's not silly. If no 'big' club came in for him then he knows that he's best off where he is this season: new manager, obviously knows Bolasie, settled in this team and he must like the changes that have happened in and around the club this Summer. If he'd had a better Euros and Man United or City or PSG come in, I reckon he'd have been off. Repeated a lot of what Finn said - sorry.

I can't remember disliking an Everton player so much.

He can do one as far as I'm concerned. It's not a change of heart - no one wanted him!

Then why did he convince Bolasie to come here?

Clearly he is ambitious, but he has not thrown a sulk when all the Chelski stuff was in the papers.

If he stays, plays well for the team as well as himself and we are successful then everybody wins.

He is wearing an Everton shirt so I shall cheer him on.

If you think Lukaku is bad, I suggest you look up Nick Barmby!!

Edited by London Blue

• 2 months later...

Koeman has said he will be going January.

It's just a case of finding a replacement now.

““I read some stories in the press about January, but no way, no way,” Koeman declared. "Bayern Munich, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona... he stays until at least the end of the season.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-koeman-lukaku-bayern-juventus-12126429

Koeman has said he will be going January.

It's just a case of finding a replacement now.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/romelu-lukaku-going-nowhere-january-12132205

very clever by Koeman.....

as I said elsewhere. It appeared in the last 2 seasons that he became distracted in the Jan transfer window - his form seems to drop like a stone around this time.

He's basically telling him to earn his move - get the £££ in and we will do the rest. Fair enough.

Edited by Hafnia

I read some stories in the press about January, but no way, no way, Koeman declared. "Bayern Munich, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona... he stays until at least the end of the season.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-koeman-lukaku-bayern-juventus-12126429

Sorry he said no way I'm January but also said, not until the end of the season.

I read that as he was likely to go January.

Like Koeman said...He is a big player and needs to play for the top clubs.

Then why did he convince Bolasie to come here?

Clearly he is ambitious, but he has not thrown a sulk when all the Chelski stuff was in the papers.

If he stays, plays well for the team as well as himself and we are successful then everybody wins.

He is wearing an Everton shirt so I shall cheer him on.

If you think Lukaku is bad, I suggest you look up Nick Barmby!!

I remember Barmby quite clearly thanks

I still havent gotten over Rooney to be honest. He was the chosen one!

Simply put, most teams cannot afford Lukaku. If Man Utd can spunk £100m on a carthorse like Pogba then Lukaku, with his strike rate, can command a fee in excess of that.

If he were to go then it needs to be in summer and hopefully abroad.

Yeah I think this too.

I can only see him going to United to be honest. Doubt he will want to go to PSG and doubt any other teams will splash out on him.

Cant see anyone in Spain, Germany or Italy wanting him and the only EPL teams I think would want him are United and Arsenal, and the latter 100% won't pay out for him!

The question is, if he returns around another 20 league goals this season, how much does that value him at?

• 2 weeks later...

Adriano probably the most likely what he'll turn into out of those five mentioned (Adriano, Henry, Anelka, Drogba, Ronaldo).

Don't really see him doing many "off the ball runs" like Anelka and Henry nowadays :dry:

Basically Juventus are being used as the "energiser" again.... his agent has big ties with the club and local media.

If they used the Southampton game as a scouting mission we would be lucky to get £10m for him.

All this step over stuff reminds me of Phil Neville doing them.

• 3 months later...