IGNORED

Lukaku

We knew from the papers and sports channels that we were in for Williams and Gueye recently and probably a week before signing in the case of Williams. We aren't quite as guarded and secretive as has been the case previously.

Don't doubt that there will be some contingency planning in place, but whether that is still on the drawing board or not can't be known, so the spectre of a panic buy or half measure still exists if he were sold - especially if we couldn't get the players that we wanted. We couldn't start the season with no strikers so would have to compromise on a Bony or Remy etc.

Ah right. OK.

Anyway, besides all that, he knows how it works. He wants him, the board will try to keep him because he wants him, but the players doesn't want to stay. So get a big fat fee...everyone is happy.

I'm really not arsed about him. Which is an unusual feeling to have towards the chief scorer.

I feel the exact same way. It's strange but I'm resolved about it.

If we sell rom and get begivic + £65 mill. We could get slimani, the lad from Ajax and mata. We get Kone in and get rid of a few fringe players which means if we get bolsaisie we would be pretty much even Stevens in money spent. That means we should have dough to bring in another good striker

We bought in a DOF for a good reason - to acquire players.

A deal will be done in principle for a striker before the club sells Lukaku.

He's a DOF not a miracle worker.

There is nobody better in the EPL we could replace him with at this moment in time, or that will even come to us and any signing out of the league would be at a risk.

We need him to stay.

He's a DOF not a miracle worker.

There is nobody better in the EPL we could replace him with at this moment in time, or that will even come to us and any signing out of the league would be at a risk.

We need him to stay.

That's why we have a DOF - they have a sight of players that may not be in the premier league. That's why Leicester won the league - because walsh picked players like Vardy, Mahrez, and Kante for a pittance.

we don't need him to stay - we need him to want to stay and apply himself to the game properly. Not skulk around till he finds his odd moments of "fancying it".

I will enjoy watching Koeman manage Lukaku to be honest. I think the lad will be in for a massive shock if he thinks he can do his "down tools" act. One of two things will happen in this case - he will rise to the occasion or he will have a spat.

Edited by Hafnia

That's why we have a DOF - they have a sight of players that may not be in the premier league. That's why Leicester won the league - because walsh picked players like Vardy, Mahrez, and Kante for a pittance.

we don't need him to stay - we need him to want to stay and apply himself to the game properly. Not skulk around till he finds his odd moments of "fancying it".

I will enjoy watching Koeman manage Lukaku to be honest. I think the lad will be in for a massive shock if he thinks he can do his "down tools" act. One of two things will happen in this case - he will rise to the occasion or he will have a spat.

Haf and I are at opposite end of the lukaku spectrum but I agree with him in being excited to see koeman manage rom. He will play to his strengths, set up the team to assist him, and make sure his fitness and work rate are top notch. I think he could hit 30 goals this year if he stays.

Haf and I are at opposite end of the lukaku spectrum but I agree with him in being excited to see koeman manage rom. He will play to his strengths, set up the team to assist him, and make sure his fitness and work rate are top notch. I think he could hit 30 goals this year if he stays.

30 goals, thats a big hairy arse goal you set up. Very few players can score 30 in the prem, Or did you mean 30 in all competitions? He scored 25 last season so its not at all impossible.

Id also like him to stay but if we get 70 mil for him it makes sense to sell. Buy someone else at around 35-40 mil and spend the rest on good squadies.

Team is already looking interesting and if all rumoured transfers happen (the ones that are rumoured almost done) plus perhaps Mata, I see us close to fourth.

30 goals, thats a big hairy arse goal you set up. Very few players can score 30 in the prem, Or did you mean 30 in all competitions? He scored 25 last season so its not at all impossible.

Id also like him to stay but if we get 70 mil for him it makes sense to sell. Buy someone else at around 35-40 mil and spend the rest on good squadies.

Team is already looking interesting and if all rumoured transfers happen (the ones that are rumoured almost done) plus perhaps Mata, I see us close to fourth.

i mean in all, 25 last year i think he can get close to 30 this year.

"IF".........

Koeman gets Gerry and Lukaku fit like racing snakes - then I expect him to work on the following:-

Get the ball to Gerry as much as humanly possible.... as soon as Gerry has the ball the mission is for Lukaku to "HIT" the 6 yard box - not the edge of the area, not the penalty spot - hit the corridor of uncertainty with all his force.

Gerry 7 times out of 10 will nail his cross with such bend and pace that the defenders and keepers do not cope. Lukaku just needs to take that chance.... I have said this time and time again.

I have even said that I would buy Giroud to compliment Gerry - he is the master of near post conversions and Gerry is the master at delivering those types of balls.

Lukaku should have had at least 7 more goals from these crosses last season. I'm not exaggerating either.

Rom isn't going to score 20 goals this season let alone 30 and you can vault me on that one.

Walsh also signed players which didn't flourish, but you don't hear about that.

Not every signing does flourish but has he blown £13m on a niasse? Give examples if poss.

Rom isn't going to score 20 goals this season let alone 30 and you can vault me on that one.

Walsh also signed players which didn't flourish, but you don't hear about that.

Oh course you don't hear about it. Every single person in the pro game makes shite signings. But you get a rep for the amount of gooduns you get.

We must keep hold of Rom I can't stress that enough.

I thnk we'll keep him. There doesn't seem to have been the mad scramble for his sevices that his agent was trying to drum up.

Hopefully this apparent lack of interest will be a chastening experience for Rom and he'll focus on becoming the striker he imagines himself to already be.

"IF".........

Koeman gets Gerry and Lukaku fit like racing snakes - then I expect him to work on the following:-

Get the ball to Gerry as much as humanly possible.... as soon as Gerry has the ball the mission is for Lukaku to "HIT" the 6 yard box - not the edge of the area, not the penalty spot - hit the corridor of uncertainty with all his force.

Gerry 7 times out of 10 will nail his cross with such bend and pace that the defenders and keepers do not cope. Lukaku just needs to take that chance.... I have said this time and time again.

I have even said that I would buy Giroud to compliment Gerry - he is the master of near post conversions and Gerry is the master at delivering those types of balls.

Lukaku should have had at least 7 more goals from these crosses last season. I'm not exaggerating either.

so far as I remember, that was happening until the last 2 games before Geri was ceremoniously dropped. Looking forward to seeing it again

Looks like he has created a new Instagram account , rlukaku9 , Chelsea number 9 jersey is still up for grabs.

Read into that what you will!

I won't read much seeing as he has 18 followers, 0 tweets and his picture is of the default twitter egg.

Not to mention the account isn't verified.

Edited by AidanLewis

I wouldn't be surprised if a deal is already done. It's been far too quiet. If he was staying or signed a new contract, it would be shouted from the roof tops.

Deal done. We ain't announcing it because we don't want to get raped anymore on our targets.

A lot is going to happen as this window closes I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if a deal is already done. It's been far too quiet. If he was staying or signed a new contract, it would be shouted from the roof tops.

Deal done. We ain't announcing it because we don't want to get raped anymore on our targets.

A lot is going to happen as this window closes I think.

I'm thinking Lacazette will be the big signing and he will be off

I'm thinking Lacazette will be the big signing and he will be off

There's some exciting names out there but I ain't getting drawn in. I'm just checking my phone more times than ever to keep an eye on the transfer news!!!

But I fully trust that the combination of Walsh and Koeman will see that, 9 times out if 10, we get the right players in.

There's some exciting names out there but I ain't getting drawn in. I'm just checking my phone more times than ever to keep an eye on the transfer news!!!

But I fully trust that the combination of Walsh and Koeman will see that, 9 times out if 10, we get the right players in.

https://twitter.com/efcstats/status/762687958306660354