IGNORED

Lukaku

I get the feeling that he has pretty much resigned himself to not having Lukaku in the squad. Why was Barkley and Mori back before Lukaku? was this just Martinez pandering to Rom? - Koeman has made clear his frustration the amount of time the players were given off - 70% fit etc.

I almost certainly think we will see Lukaku go to Chelsea as soon as we have his replacement lined up - I think he will have 2 players coming in.

Lukaku would have been quoted in the press by now as saying something:-

If he was staying - he will have said "Koeman has sold his vision to me - I wanted to go at the end of last season but now I am fully motivated as I can see the ambition"

If he wanted to go but was being told "NO" - he will have been quoted as wanting out as per the end of last season.... his agent/dad etc will have made things happen by spouting more to make his place untenable.

To me he has been told "We are looking for a replacement - keep your mouth shut as if you do talk then it will make the task of getting someone in more expensive and the deal may break down due to the ££££ being pushed up. So as soon as we get our targets in - you are off"

New kit - has anyone seen any pictures of him wearing the new kit? they used Williams and Gueye. Lukaku modelled the last one. Lets be honest - he is the best player to model kits being the big striker name and bit unit that he is....

I'll be a lot less thrilled with this window if we sell both stones and Lukaku for a total of ~110-120m and bring in zero top class players in return.

I know we had tons of depth and squad issues but with that return, plus the money we'd quoted as available regardless, you could fill the squad and drop some real cash on a star.

His price is 60m pounds, way too steep. Basically a swap for an unproven striker in the prem. Would rather 2 30m strikers with the rom sale.

I agree, but not seen any reports with that figure. Anyway, I didn't say I wanted him, just think he might be the one lined up

The stones transfer was very quiet considering how much of a certain deal it was supposed to be. Just dont be surprised is what I'm saying.

If lacazette is worth the bandied money then I'm sure walsh will give his input... being a French league expert.

Edited by Hafnia

So much speculation and hyperbole in this thread; it's becoming worse than the red tops! Can't believe that Lukaku is called out when he talks to the press and is now called out when he doesn't as well!

Hope he goes now for his own sake, because he's in for a very rough ride from fans if he doesn't. Can't see it being worth him staying from his point of view - though he did start all of this himself, so possibly deserves most of it.

So much speculation and hyperbole in this thread; it's becoming worse than the red tops! Can't believe that Lukaku is called out when he talks to the press and is now called out when he doesn't as well!

Hope he goes now for his own sake, because he's in for a very rough ride from fans if he doesn't. Can't see it being worth him staying from his point of view - though he did start all of this himself, so possibly deserves most of it.

Not sure who you're referring to... I very much do not want him to leave, and will continue to pull for him while he's with us. The man scores goals - with our upgrades in both pace and (hopefully) delivery in I see no reason why we should get rid of him now. SHould see his goal output only increase.

Guest rusty747

We dont have to spend mega millions on big names to be the best team in the league.

I know it was a different era but Peter Reid and Andy Gray were cheap as chips and considered a gamble at the time. They worked out ok didn't they?

Let 's just trust Moshiri, Walsh and Koeman to rebuild this Everton team - as I think they are very capable of doing so. I have more confidence in the financial and management capabilities of EFC now than I have had for a very long time. We need to learn to trust them again imho.

We dont have to spend mega millions on big names to be the best team in the league.

I know it was a different era but Peter Reid and Andy Gray were cheap as chips and considered a gamble at the time. They worked out ok didn't they?

Let 's just trust Moshiri, Walsh and Koeman to rebuild this Everton team - as I think they are very capable of doing so. I have more confidence in the financial and management capabilities of EFC now than I have had for a very long time. We need to learn to trust them again imho.

I don't disagree, but when management and board are touting some huge transfer kitty, and we wait to sell Stones to buy players, It'd be off putting to say the least if we also waited to sell Rom before splashing on another crop of players.

I agree, but not seen any reports with that figure. Anyway, I didn't say I wanted him, just think he might be the one lined up

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/10/arsenal-transfer-news-alexandre-lacazette-will-cost-60-million-a/

he's homegrown and the president wants to keep him badly, was 50m euro now he upped it to 70m euro or 60m pounds.

The stones transfer was very quiet considering how much of a certain deal it was supposed to be. Just dont be surprised is what I'm saying.

If lacazette is worth the bandied money then I'm sure walsh will give his input... being a French league expert.

if the valuation above is accurate and where Lyon want negotiations to start I think Walsh will steer clear. That's a massive amount of money.

He's not being called out for not talking.... the fact that he's not talking having done nothing but talk pre euros is very strange. That is all that is being stated.

If he does get shit from the fans then he will have to take it on the chin as he was disrespectful and unprofessional.

This is why I believe he will be off.... if he was staying he would be undergoing some charm offensive to ensure the fans make it easier for him. He has kept quiet... very unusual.

I don't disagree, but when management and board are touting some huge transfer kitty, and we wait to sell Stones to buy players, It'd be off putting to say the least if we also waited to sell Rom before splashing on another crop of players.

What we have done is shrewd. It was clear as day stones had been agreed in principle... we went out and negotiated Williams and bolassie before announcing to the world we had £40m+ to spend.

Look at palace.... Liverpool are holding them to a high price for a crocked player because they know they have the money and need the player now they have sold bolassie.

What we have done is shrewd. It was clear as day stones had been agreed in principle... we went out and negotiated Williams and bolassie before announcing to the world we had £40m+ to spend.

Look at palace.... Liverpool are holding them to a high price for a crocked player because they know they have the money and need the player now they have sold bolassie.

yeah, our window has been a lot better in terms of time taken for transfers and how we deal with them. very impressed so far.

I mean, if SSN reports are true (who knwos), then why pay 60m for Lacazette when you can apparently get James Rodriguez for 65m. Both unproven but a vast difference in class (though in fairness I haven't watched nearly as much of Lacazette.)

Zidane made a statement today saying he's going nowhere (for what that's worth)...

He's not being called out for not talking.... the fact that he's not talking having done nothing but talk pre euros is very strange. That is all that is being stated.

If he does get shit from the fans then he will have to take it on the chin as he was disrespectful and unprofessional.

This is why I believe he will be off.... if he was staying he would be undergoing some charm offensive to ensure the fans make it easier for him. He has kept quiet... very unusual.

This makes all the sense in the world to me. He talked all summer meets with Koeman and then nothing? And we're supposed to be looking to add 4 or 5 more before the deadline? Think it's done already

This makes all the sense in the world to me. He talked all summer meets with Koeman and then nothing? And we're supposed to be looking to add 4 or 5 more before the deadline? Think it's done already

I think there is a huge cloak of secrecy around the club now. Look at koeman... no one expected it... nothing was leaked. The same with walsh, the news got out when the deals were pretty much nailed.

Someone has managed to control news very very well at the club. It's all very exciting. We used to have ITK'S.... now it seems the ITK'S find out at last minute.

We need to either persuade rom to sign a new deal or sell him. After this season he will have two years left on his deal which could impact on his worth. I've got a feeling with the style of play we will play this season it will suit him perfectly. Against Spurs we let them have the ball until we got to our final third and we were then into them and breaking quickly. Not many balls into his feet with his back to goal. I think he may give it to January and see where we are. Teams in the champs league might be more interested then if they get an injury.

If Stones went for 50 million and we've spent 15 or so of that then we should still have 130 million+ with the so called "100 million" were rumoured to have in the kitty! We want to be a club with some intent and if rom goes we need to replace him with a big big name. Lacazette would IMO be the type of CF Koeman would ideally have at the club, I would love to see him here he has the potential to be one of the best in the world.

If Stones went for 50 million and we've spent 15 or so of that then we should still have 130 million+ with the so called "100 million" were rumoured to have in the kitty! We want to be a club with some intent and if rom goes we need to replace him with a big big name. Lacazette would IMO be the type of CF Koeman would ideally have at the club, I would love to see him here he has the potential to be one of the best in the world.

This would be the ideal situation for me. Love Lacazette I think he will be better than Rom anyway if he's not already

Thank goodness for that. I think he will thrive under Koeman and his brand of football.

I wonder if we should start a sweep stake on how long the Lukaku thread will be after the season!

i think he'll thrive too; quicker build up, more direct, actual support... I.e everything a striker needs to succeed Edited by Matt

If he stays, I hope he has learnt some valuable lessons.

As with all players, new season...new era...new start.

All I'd want from him is for him to stay focused, keep his head down, mouth shut and contribute to plenty of goals. Them all will be forgiven.

If he stays, I hope he has learnt some valuable lessons.

As with all players, new season...new era...new start.

All I'd want from him is for him to stay focused, keep his head down, mouth shut and contribute to plenty of goals. Them all will be forgiven.

i want that and an apology