IGNORED

Lukaku

Well done to the lad. Goals aside, his overall game has improved beyond recognition. If we can just find that switch that takes him off "sleep mode" that he goes into when not expecting it.

i don't expect we'll see it much, I'm convinced he was just knackered after all the games.

i don't expect we'll see it much, I'm convinced he was just knackered after all the games.

I'm hoping the shouts about his lack of desire and commitment die down a bit now. The lad played until half-time against Newcastle more or less crippled, and could barely walk once he went off. Then he's back for the next league game even though there's no way he'd have been fully fit.

He seemed totally up for it yesterday. Totally betrayed the shouts of some players not fancying it on a cold blustery day away from home against a tough crowd.

I just don't know what it is that can get his "beast mode"... well it is Superbowl Sunday and whilst Marshaw lynch isn't in it it's an appropriate description of an athlete being able to tap into their "adrenaline".

I hate the reference "beast"... but yes we need to find a way of tapping into it.

I still say now his best performance was the derby game. That's his aim, to be that player.

Edited by Hafnia

ST- Embolo - £12m

ST - Batshuay - £12m

LW/SS - Calhanoglu - £18m

CM - Goretzka - 10m

CB - Sule - £8m

RB - Ivan Lopez - £2m

GK - Leno - £10m / GK - Dragowski - £3m

Embolo's not going for anywhere nearly as low as 12 if we just bought Niasse for 13.5. Embolo's much younger and far more talented.

People just forget one thing: you are looking at spending that on a number of players which would increase the wages a lot. If you spend 20 million on a player he expects to get 4-5 million per year, so five of those would mean closer to 20 million per year. And of course picking the right ones is tricky. Liverpool spend lots every year and to what end? Spurs spent and spent and spent and this is the first year they look like they have spent well. The Bale money was mostly wasted.

Problem is if Stones is not brought back in to play, his price will drop with every game he misses. If he can't get into our team how is he going to get into a top four club

The other problem is, if we play him and he plays crap and gives goals away his price will also drop. I think Chelsea have made their mind up about him and will pay what we ask whether we play him or not.

Guest rusty747

To be perfectly blunt, Stones doesn't deserve to play for us at the moment. He may look good (most of the time) on the ball but the fact is that Jags and Mori have formed a highly effective partnership and Stones is not going to walk straight back into the starting eleven 'when fit!' Same with Deulofeu. He contributes less to the team than Lennon at the moment. Irrespective of injuries our best starting eleven is something like:

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines/Oviedo

Barry. Besic/McCarthy

Lennon Barkley. Mirallas/Cleverley

Lukaku

To be perfectly blunt, Stones doesn't deserve to play for us at the moment. He may look good (most of the time) on the ball but the fact is that Jags and Mori have formed a highly effective partnership and Stones is not going to walk straight back into the starting eleven 'when fit!' Same with Deulofeu. He contributes less to the team than Lennon at the moment. Irrespective of injuries our best starting eleven is something like:

Robles

Coleman Jags Mori Baines/Oviedo

Barry. Besic/McCarthy

Lennon Barkley. Mirallas/Cleverley

Lukaku

Agree. Was going to post the same.

People just forget one thing: you are looking at spending that on a number of players which would increase the wages a lot. If you spend 20 million on a player he expects to get 4-5 million per year, so five of those would mean closer to 20 million per year. And of course picking the right ones is tricky. Liverpool spend lots every year and to what end? Spurs spent and spent and spent and this is the first year they look like they have spent well. The Bale money was mostly wasted.

But if we don't spend we'll get left behind!!!

The other problem is, if we play him and he plays crap and gives goals away his price will also drop. I think Chelsea have made their mind up about him and will pay what we ask whether we play him or not.

Man City supposedly hot for him too with Pep taking over. I'd still keep him though, he will learn from this recent break and come back better than ever. Alternatively we've got 3-4 massively rich clubs interested in him and can get them to compete :)

Win win for me.

If we did sell I'd take bony at a discount. Still only 27 and won't be on Pep's plans. Could be a smart piece of business. He could be the focal point of the attack like Rom is and he was at Swansea.

if that's the case, I'd like to see Bony and 40m for Stones please :)

I've never been sold on Bony tbh. Flatters to deceive for me.

Given a run of games a very good player. He can't do the Dzecko job, he needs to be out there. I would happily sign him given his price will depreciate due to being underused. Hardly surprising - he has the best striker in the prem ahead of him.

Given a run of games a very good player. He can't do the Dzecko job, he needs to be out there. I would happily sign him given his price will depreciate due to being underused. Hardly surprising - he has the best striker in the prem ahead of him.

As far as I'm concerned the only things he has on Lukaku is that he's better in the air and has a fatter arse. Lukaku is 5 years younger, faster and a better finisher. Oh and Lukaku won't piss off to the ACON every two years.

Not a chance in hell he plays ahead of Rom, and if we sold Rom and he became our number one striker to say I'd be underwhelmed is an understatement.

As far as I'm concerned the only things he has on Lukaku is that he's better in the air and has a fatter arse. Lukaku is 5 years younger, faster and a better finisher. Oh and Lukaku won't piss off to the ACON every two years.

Not a chance in hell he plays ahead of Rom, and if we sold Rom and he became our number one striker to say I'd be underwhelmed is an understatement.

I'm looking at him as a replacement in the region of £15-£20m if Rom goes for £50-£60m

We could well be surprised at how well Naisse fares if he turns out to be a good solid player then if Lukaku did go that money IF given to spend could go on two possibly three players

I genuinely think Guidetti would be a very good buy very similar to Lukaku in how he plays I'm not saying he's as good but he's better with the ball at his feet and still relatively young

I'm not a big fan of Bony for previously said reasons he's a good player but not a solution and he wouldn't be a cheap one either

Then the man the legend and most likely to become a myth Yarmolenko would do me although I'd prefer to keep Rom and build on what we have but I'd expect him to want out if a big CL club came knocking

Edited by EFC-Paul