IGNORED

Lukaku

So that's your assessment,

Good job some of the best football brains in the business don't see things your way.!

£50/60million says they have probably a better knowledge of 'potential'.

Haf was summing up the way he is now, for Everton. It may be that his 'potential' can be released on a consistent basis under a different manager. But it may not. Balotteli and Benteke were supposed to be full of potential also. I would not be disappointed with 50/60 mill.

Haf was summing up the way he is now, for Everton. It may be that his 'potential' can be released on a consistent basis under a different manager. But it may not. Balotteli and Benteke were supposed to be full of potential also. I would not be disappointed with 50/60 mill.

And I can relax.... Cheers for the calming wisdom John.

Apparently I criticise lukaku and therefore because hes a £50m+ player he's above the opinions of a fan... if lionel messi was at Everton and decided to wait for service, not press his man, have a few off games in a row but score 25 goals I would feel short changed.

Not because he hasn't scored 40 goals, it's about the application. If you see a player who can dominate a defence and then for a few weeks stroll around allowing Complete yard dogs like olssen and otamendi bully you our the game then you are letting yourself and the fans down.

I will say this now, if you seen the lukaku we seen at Southampton, Liverpool, young boys on the more than few occasions where he does his Kenwyn jones impressions then he would be one of the top 5 players in the world. As it stands he's a good finisher who has the odd amazing game.

Edited by Hafnia

And I can relax.... Cheers for the calming wisdom John.

Apparently I criticise lukaku and therefore because hes a £50m+ player he's above the opinions of a fan... if lionel messi was at Everton and decided to wait for service, not press his man, have a few off games in a row but score 25 goals I would feel short changed.

Not because he hasn't scored 40 goals, it's about the application. If you see a player who can dominate a defence and then for a few weeks stroll around allowing Complete yard dogs like olssen and otamendi bully you our the game then you are letting yourself and the fans down.

I will say this now, if you seen the lukaku we seen at Southampton, Liverpool, young boys on the more than few occasions where he does his Kenwyn jones impressions then he would be one of the top 5 players in the world. As it stands he's a good finisher who has the odd amazing game.

If he is just a good finisher how do you account for all the assists he gets?

That one comment perfectly sums up why you can't be taken seriously when it comes to Lukaku

The scary thing is i do think that you honestly believe that you are presenting a balanced argument

Strange enough I think the assist argument is very very flawed. Pienaar never really chalked up massive assist numbers despite being the key man in many of our goals at his peak

Then again I do argue the case for using eyes, opinion and rationale over stats.

Listen if you think he's a very good all round footballer who gives 100% and works for the team that's your opinion. I've given mine and my reasons as above.

Edited by Hafnia

Strange enough I think the assist argument is very very flawed. Pienaar never really chalked up massive assist numbers despite being the key man in many of our goals at his peak

Then again I do argue the case for using eyes, opinion and rationale over stats.

Listen if you think he's a very good all round footballer who gives 100% and works for the team that's your opinion. I've given mine and my reasons as above.

Lukaku drags players out of position which isn't reflected in the stats either. His passing will never be top class, but he drags players with him making invaluable space to put the ball in and plays good triangles. Barkley doesn't exploit it enough to get the assists though.

When Rom uses his strength he's unstoppable. He's a smart player and makes good runs and gets in the right spaces. Good turn on him, but not a full bag of tricks. Can score with both feet, and has improved his heading. He's faster than he looks as well. Only major flaw was his touch, but that's not an issue anymore.

He shines when he plays on instincts, unfortunately Martinez wants carbon copies of training ground goals. If we played faster he'd be unstoppable. He's not got all of Deulofeu's crosses, but we should be getting more players into the box to make sure someone does.

Totally agree about Piennar but the same applies to Rom , he is the focal point of every attack we have

I have never once claimed he is always playing at 100% , I don't think we have a single player in the squad that does. Neither have I ever said he is a very good all round footballer

I do however think he is a very good all round centre forward and unlike you I believe he will get better. if he does go in the summer I really do fear where we will finish without his goals and assists. He has been directly involved in a huge percentage of our goals over the past 3 seasons and Roberto is really going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to replace him

Although it will be interesting to see who you move onto

Over the years we've had players wanting to leave. It's been tough to take, and we've wanted them to stay to help us progress and the fans have turned on them.

Look at Rooney, he was too good for the team around him back then, he could have stayed to drag the team forward but never (I have my own thoughts on that but I've not been mad at him for it). The fans hated him for years.

Jeffers, again a player who was out scoring the rest of the team, in hindsight he knows he should have stayed but he had the chance to win things. The fans hated him for it.

Lescott, had the chance to go and win things, Hughes didn't help the situation but it all went sour. He went to a better team and won the league.

Rom, the big difference this time is that we know we have a team good enough to compete. We are seeing a Leicester team with no better players than us looking like they will win the league. While Rom scores all these goals and we are sitting down the lower end of the table. The masses don't seem mad at him, people are mad at the manager because he has assembled a side good enough to compete but his tactics/attitude/ego seem to be an issue. If we played to our potential we may be competing for the title too, and our stars wouldn't want to leave.

It's a strange situation, but it's tough to finally see a side this good maybe fall apart, pretty much because we can't hold onto a lead.

Just my opinions of course.

I have resigned myself to Lukaku leaving.

How much should he go for though? I hope that with someone now business savvy at the helm we wont undervalue him.

The mirror are talking about £45m - personally I'd want to see at least double what we paid for him so £55-60m.

How much should he go for though? I hope that with someone now business savvy at the helm we wont undervalue him.

The mirror are talking about £45m - personally I'd want to see at least double what we paid for him so £55-60m.

everything i've seen says the bidding starts at 50m minimum. for me i don't want him to leave.

[emoji15] yeah because Kenwright has never got a good fee for any of our players

Over the years we've had players wanting to leave. It's been tough to take, and we've wanted them to stay to help us progress and the fans have turned on them.

Look at Rooney, he was too good for the team around him back then, he could have stayed to drag the team forward but never (I have my own thoughts on that but I've not been mad at him for it). The fans hated him for years.

Jeffers, again a player who was out scoring the rest of the team, in hindsight he knows he should have stayed but he had the chance to win things. The fans hated him for it.

Lescott, had the chance to go and win things, Hughes didn't help the situation but it all went sour. He went to a better team and won the league.

Rom, the big difference this time is that we know we have a team good enough to compete. We are seeing a Leicester team with no better players than us looking like they will win the league. While Rom scores all these goals and we are sitting down the lower end of the table. The masses don't seem mad at him, people are mad at the manager because he has assembled a side good enough to compete but his tactics/attitude/ego seem to be an issue. If we played to our potential we may be competing for the title too, and our stars wouldn't want to leave.

It's a strange situation, but it's tough to finally see a side this good maybe fall apart, pretty much because we can't hold onto a lead.

Just my opinions of course.

Good post and agree that's what's probably given Martinez abit of leeway for me personally up until recently (building a good side) but as with many I've had enough now his obvious reluctance to change his methods and bonkers substitutions/tactics have out weighed any faith I had left in him

I think if the board do decide to let him go any potential replacement will be able to see that we have a very good relatively young side that only needs abit of tweaking, the comments that Pellegrini has come out with recently made me think he was making a beeline for us...

If only by some mad science twist of fate him and Moyes conceived a love child who had a delorian and came to our rescue -_-

Edited by EFC-Paul

[emoji15] yeah because Kenwright has never got a good fee for any of our players

that's where he has done well in the past - on the whole. I did think we got done in the Rooney transfer - £20m plus £7m in add ons was a joke. Even at the time most fans were saying £40m - Liverpool signed Cisse for £15m at the same time...

that's where he has done well in the past - on the whole. I did think we got done in the Rooney transfer - £20m plus £7m in add ons was a joke. Even at the time most fans were saying £40m - Liverpool signed Cisse for £15m at the same time...

They've also bought Carrol for 35, Benteke for 32, Aqualani for 20, Downing 20... Their valuations are irrelevant ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I like Lukaku but I'm actually hoping he leaves in the Summer. He's a great goalscorer for his age but his attitude these last few months has been awful, he hasn't put a shift in since the Chelsea FA Cup game. His heart isn't in it anymore, he seems more fixed on thinking of a move away rather than helping the team. If we are offered anything over £50m id take it, if we get a quality player in return then all the better.

:fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing::fishing:

But I do sometimes wonder if you genuinely believe your own nonsense.

ah here he is the Belgian Footballers Gordon Taylor... have you popped in after being on the shedend talking about Hazard or Bluemoon talking about Kompany? Busy, busy, busy eh.

hmmm imagine the outrage 12 years ago if Rooney was shown round Carrington in the midst of a season with 3 years left on his contract whilst ambling round the pitch in an Everton shirt half bothered.... yeah nothing to see here people. Just let the lad pick the next lucky club to pay him astronomical wages and cross your fingers that he decides to showcase himself on Saturday.

What has it come to when many fans are actually hoping/predicting that he will have a go on Saturday?

Edited by Hafnia

He will be here next year.

We will want 50m and I just can't see anyone offering it.

Unless he comes into good form till the end of the season.

Which I pray he does.

I think he'll stay until January, depending on how the summer transfers go and how we perform up until the winter window

I still think all the flak he is getting is massively over the top and unfair

I don't think there is much doubt he wants to play for a top side, but why wouldn't he?

There was SPECULATION in one German newspaper that he had been shown around Dortmunds ground and people are going into meltdown without even knowing how reputable that source is . The Sunday Sport once printed a story that Elvis was alive and living on the moon , it doesn't make it true.

If he has been shown around then surely that constitutes tapping up the player and we can report Dortmund

As for his supposed poor attitude , let's get it straight the entire team have been shite since the Chelsea game and all displayed the same lack of effort but once again Rom has been singled out

The service in to him has been non existent and anyone who claims that is not the case needs their head read

He has also been playing which an injury which is bound to effect him

Lastly his wages may be astronomical compared to most of us but in the big picture the money he is on is quite modest considering he is one of the top young forwards in Europe

Against Watford he hit the cross bar from 8 yards and let the ball hit him in the face from a free header.

I can't understand how he is going to get service unless he actually runs. Its premier league footy not league one where Kevin Phillips can get 15 goals a season as a 45 year old being Mr Johnny on the spot clocking up 2.5 km in 90 minutes.

Maybe people wouldn't be so hard on him if it wasn't down to the fact that since his "wantaway" interview he hasn't scored one goal and has been pretty abysmal.

The team itself has been pretty abysmal since Lukaku's first interview where he mentioned moving away (just after the Chelsea game) - then another week later he was a bit more explicit.... maybe these interviews derail team spirit eh?