IGNORED

Lukaku

I knew I didn't like Roger Lukaku and now I dislike him even more. ALWAYS has to meddle in his sons' careers. In an interview for Humo, a Belgian magazine he said the following statements:

Roger Lukaku, Romelu's dad:

"At the moment I think Manchester United or Bayern Munich are the most fitting teams for him. Especially Bayern: Every year they play at least the semi finals of the Champions League and the Bundesliga will fit him perfectly. He can't (not allowed) go to Italy, because they keep their defenses too closed in the back, much too difficult for a striker. Which is certain: to keep making progress, he HAS to change clubs, but now we're mostly busy making the RIGHT choice.

Mino Raiola (Romelu's manager), will help make the choice, but the manager usually has the final say. If he thinks he doesn't earn enough, he can wait for a transfer with which he earns a bigger commission. I hope and I think that Mino is honest and acts in the interest of the player. Now, with Romelu it'll be arranged quickly.

A transfer is nearly finished. I think it'll be finalized before the European Cup."

Edit: Translated by me. Source:

http://www.humo.be/humo-archief/364499/ek-2016-roger-lukaku-voetbalvader-van-romelu-en-jordan-zendt-zijn-zonen-uit

In the same article, he said things like "It's only a matter of time before Romelu is the world's best striker"

As if Bayern would be good for him! Lukaku is a striker that seeks out open spaces in the defense. Real Madrid for instance would already be more ideal, due to their fast counterattacks. I could see Romelu flourish in such a system with the players Real has. But not ManU and definitely not Bayern.

Edited by Mirallas

I knew I didn't like Roger Lukaku and now I dislike him even more. ALWAYS has to meddle in his sons' careers. In an interview for Humo, a Belgian magazine he said the following statements:

In the same article, he said things like "It's only a matter of time before Romelu is the world's best striker"

As if Bayern would be good for him! Lukaku is a striker that seeks out open spaces in the defense. Real Madrid for instance would already be more ideal, due to their fast counterattacks. I could see Romelu flourish in such a system with the players Real has. But not ManU and definitely not Bayern.

Sick to the back teeth of hearing this. If he wants to go then fuck off it's that simple.

Sick to the back teeth of hearing this. If he wants to go then fuck off it's that simple.

Thing is I don't think he necessarily does. His dad is a very authoritary figure and I feel like Lukaku lets himself be bitched around by his dad who pressurizes him to 'get the best out of his career'. Instead of just throwing down his dad's yoke and relaxing in his football.

TBF I think this is why he often underperforms in certain games: besides the natural pressure from the club, fans and manager, there is this permanent pressure and expectation from his dad which is liable to paralyze a young man. Don't underestimate Romelu's ethics, I literally think he just needs to give his dad a symbolic 'fuck you' and live his own life and career. That way he'll perform best and he'll be able to play without that paralyzing yoke. Greatness will come naturally, because his talent is there. He doesn't need his dad at all, on the contrary.

Edited by Mirallas

His dad better hope Rom has his big transfer before the EC because after France, no big club will want to spend the amount of money Everton want.

I like Rom and I think he's great for Everton; but with his current set of skills he's not ready (good enough) for the CL.

Was it me or did lukaku seem very subdued in his celebration when baines scored his penno? All players around the 18 to yard box congratulated baines bar Rom.

Anyhow... I have no doubts that his dad and agent are his mouthpiece. He will be off and I hope we get a striker with a more rounded and consistent game.

Was it me or did lukaku seem very subdued in his celebration when baines scored his penno? All players around the 18 to yard box congratulated baines bar Rom.

Anyhow... I have no doubts that his dad and agent are his mouthpiece. He will be off and I hope we get a striker with a more rounded and consistent game.

I did notice that. Wasn't sure if it was because he wasn't taking the pen or whether he didn't care. I'm assuming the former point, because he worked his ass off in that game

I did notice that. Wasn't sure if it was because he wasn't taking the pen or whether he didn't care. I'm assuming the former point, because he worked his ass off in that game

Ye me to.

He does have an ego and I bet he would have had a little smirk if Baines missed.

We're all only human after all.

....Unless your an Everton fan.

The man (Romelu's dad) even takes credit for his sons' success :wacko:

Je moet ook weten: ik heb mijn zonen gebracht waar ze nu zijn, vooral Romelu.»

This translates as: "You should know; I have brought my sons to where they are now, especially Romelu".

:shaking fist: As if he wouldn't be a great striker without his dad's meddling.

His agent his dad and himself (if true) can blabber all they want if the club don't want to sell we won't, we hold the cards not his dad or agent

agree to a point. we can pull the berahino move but that lowered his value drastically and now no one wants him and he's been loafing for West brom. so that's actually a lose lose. Either we get a top manager that talks with Rom and he agrees to give him a year to see how it goes or he says he wants out and we sell to the highest bidder. his value is extremely high right now, i don't want to do the west brom and ruin him.

agree to a point. we can pull the berahino move but that lowered his value drastically and now no one wants him and he's been loafing for West brom. so that's actually a lose lose. Either we get a top manager that talks with Rom and he agrees to give him a year to see how it goes or he says he wants out and we sell to the highest bidder. his value is extremely high right now, i don't want to do the west brom and ruin him.

Berahino ruined himself. Because he's not very good.

This, I get your point Mark but as said he's simply not that good they should have snatched Spurs hand off

I'm positive big bids will come in for him PSG and the like but if he wants a move he has to put the shifts in, hopefully a new manager and investment will put any thoughts of a move on hold but if the money's right and he goes we move on

yes and if we have a shit manager like pulis that ruins Lukaku we will be mad we held on and didn't get the 60m offered. it's a dance, sell high, or hope he can reach even higher heights. i think the new manager will give us more clarity with the issue.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Personally, with a new manager coming in - I would be happy enough if Lukaku goes for £65M and Stones can go as well if we are offered near the £40M mark, add that to the rumoured £100M transfer chest, total squad rebuild over the next couple of seasons - That would pay for 10 No. £20M players! £10- £20M still buys very decent players from over the channel!! we would be getting top dollar for these players, with buyers still paying a premium for 'potential'

No point in having player that don't really want to be here.

New broom sweeps clean for a new regime.

I think I would rather sell early and buy early in this transfer window!! No point in a new manager spending the summer working with players who will be gone by 31st August.

Wouldn't let Stones go personally. Much easier to replace Rom in my opinion.

John was back to his 'defensive' best against Norwich. Not being encouraged to Plie around players from his own goal line. Rhino obviously gave him some advice. Looked good again.

I don't think John lost his ability to defend, rather told not to embrace it. Which indirectly added more pressure on himself and resulted in mistakes.

Nowhere near as bad a player as people are now suggesting. You don't lose ability but you can lose confidence. I'd like him to stay , under the guidance of a manager who can coach his potential.

Wouldn't let Stones go personally. Much easier to replace Rom in my opinion.

John was back to his 'defensive' best against Norwich. Not being encouraged to Plie around players from his own goal line. Rhino obviously gave him some advice. Looked good again.

I don't think John lost his ability to defend, rather told not to embrace it. Which indirectly added more pressure on himself and resulted in mistakes.

Nowhere near as bad a player as people are now suggesting. You don't lose ability but you can lose confidence. I'd like him to stay , under the guidance of a manager who can coach his potential.

Lukaku is 100% a more difficult player to replace.

Lukaku is 100% a more difficult player to replace.

What is so difficult to replace???

His performances since his interview on international break have been disgusting. Yes so have other players but not all other players miss 4 sitters in a semi final and pipe up about playing for champions league.

Funny. We had a manager who thought he was far better than he is and he was called delusional, good games surrounded by smattering of awfulness. What do we call Rom?

To me it appears his mind has been formed by his OTT parent who thinks his son is far better than what he is.

Where has this dad rumour come from though? What is the source? Credible? Or just a lazy journo looking to create more turbulence?

Humo may be a bit humorous from time to time, but if you can assume one thing then it is that they don't make up interviews. You can definitely assume that Roger Lukaku said these things. Whether Lukaku will really move, that remains to be seen, but deriving from what daddy Lukaku said... it is VERY likely.

Funny isn't it... people accept that you can buy a warts and all defender who is better at defending than stones for alot cheaper.

Yet a striker who does nothing other than have an ability to finish is seen as irreplaceable. Now correct me if I'm wrong hasn't defoe just scored 15 goals in 32 games for a team that was in a relegation scrap all season... just think about that.

Funny isn't it... people accept that you can buy a warts and all defender who is better at defending than stones for alot cheaper.

Yet a striker who does nothing other than have an ability to finish is seen as irreplaceable. Now correct me if I'm wrong hasn't defoe just scored 15 goals in 32 games for a team that was in a relegation scrap all season... just think about that.

Defoe turned a nice season. Let me show you something.

Edit: ok, I tried to copy paste the last 4 seasons' top scorer tables here, but the forum doesn't accept my screenshot software's image extensions, so I'll just trust you can more or less imagine what they look like.

I'm not trying to say "Lukaku consistently scores lots of goals", I'm trying to point out the other players that consistently finish in the higher regions of the top scorer tables. Luis Suarez, Olivier Giroud, Sergio Aguero, lately I think we can add Harry Kane as well. But that's it, the rest are one season wonders so far or simply don't score as many goals. So this is the type of strikers we're talking about. Not Defoe, he's had a great second half of the season, well Lukaku had a great 4 years.. So statistically you cannot "replace" Lukaku by Defoe and expect the same standards. That's like saying "Ford is just as good as Ferrari because they have made a Ford GT"... Yeah well Ferrari consistently builds new super sportscars, whereas Ford usually just releases Focuses, Mondeo's and Fiestas. You can assume Ferrari's next new car will be exotic, whereas the same can't be said of Ford. This is all an extensive figure of speech just to say that Lukaku plays on a diferent level than players like Defoe.

Edited by Mirallas

Totally disagree and I will go round in circles if I bother to reply to all points.

Lukaku when he plays well is an asset, when he doesn't he's a liability and that is too often. He scored 10 prem goals last year. He struggles against organised defences, look at the teams he scores against.

He hasn't hit the target in his last 10 games. When we need him he goes missing, when sunderland needed defoe he was there. I'm not saying sign defoe I'm merely saying that lukaku is far closer to being a defoe than he is a Suarez, aguero, kane.

Poor in the air, poor touch, gives the ball away far too often and is lazy.

I'm out. Sell him and let's see what we can do with the excessive money quoted.

Edited by Hafnia

Totally disagree and I will go round in circles if I bother to reply to all points.

Lukaku when he plays well is an asset, when he doesn't he's a liability and that is too often. He scored 10 prem goals last year. He struggles against organised defences, look at the teams he scores against.

He hasn't hit the target in his last 10 games. When we need him he goes missing, when sunderland needed defoe he was there. I'm not saying sign defoe I'm merely saying that lukaku is far closer to being a defoe than he is a Suarez, aguero, kane.

Poor in the air, poor touch, gives the ball away far too often and is lazy.

I'm out. Sell him and let's see what we can do with the excessive money quoted.

Well that doesn't change anything about the facts, the only thing that changes by that is your credibility :/

Well that doesn't change anything about the facts, the only thing that changes by that is your credibility :/

Hmmm credibility.... Let's see... a non evertonian poster who has been a troll when things dont go well for us in match threads and really just posts about all things Belgian.

Or someone who loves Everton and has been watching us since 1984 who has no affinity to players just Everton.

Yep, credibility... what's the name of that Belgian manager who we should hire again?