IGNORED

Stoke City (Away)

markjazzbassist

It probably wasn't that bad a result for us because we could possibly still catch West Brom and Palace

I hope you're right but we'll see by the time we come to play Villa away. We need to be wary of what is below us at the moment - very wary! 4 of our games are against teams below us. We don't play West From or Palace again so what they do or don't do is irrelevant to us now apart from when they play teams below us. That was Villa's 1st penalty this season and look how it came about.

After that tonight and being fed pointless soundbites by our soundbite Manager something just doesn't feel right.

I hope you're right but we'll see by the time we come to play Villa away. We need to be wary of what is below us at the moment - very wary! 4 of our games are against teams below us. We don't play West From or Palace again so what they do or don't do is irrelevant to us now apart from when they play teams below us. That was Villa's 1st penalty this season and look how it came about.

After that tonight and being fed pointless soundbites by our soundbite Manager something just doesn't feel right.

Don't get the logic behind that.

Firstly, after we win tomorrow they will be behind us; and even if we don't win they'll be the closest above us so far from irrelevant either way surely :huh:.

It probably wasn't that bad a result for us because we could possibly still catch West Brom and Palace

If we really are as bad as has been made out (the team and the manager), surely what happens above us is irrelevant, only what happens below us is of importance.

If we keep failing to win and pick up the odd lucky draw as in at home to Liecester, then what the few teams there are below us achieve is the only thing that stands between us and another Wimbledon !!

Finishing 6th, 7th or 8th from bottom really doesn't matter much after our season......finishing in the bottom three does.

It's a sad fact, that what the teams below us do is almost everything to us.

So let's start with 3 points at Stoke......it's that easy......or that hard.

I have seen some shite Everton teams in my lifetime but it shows how poor this side has been when if we lose tomorrow it will be our worst points total after 28 games since 1927, and that is with what is probably our most expensive ever squad!

Its not the squad. The squad is stronger than last year. Its something else. I have been one of RMs supporters but im starting to seriously doubt the mans ability to pull the team out of the rut.

If we really are as bad as has been made out (the team and the manager), surely what happens above us is irrelevant, only what happens below us is of importance.

If we keep failing to win and pick up the odd lucky draw as in at home to Liecester, then what the few teams there are below us achieve is the only thing that stands between us and another Wimbledon !!

Finishing 6th, 7th or 8th from bottom really doesn't matter much after our season......finishing in the bottom three does.

It's a sad fact, that what the teams below us do is almost everything to us.

So let's start with 3 points at Stoke......it's that easy......or that hard.

I do agree with what your saying about the more important results are those of the teams below us but it doesn't do any harm to try and keep as many teams involved in the relegation battle as possible

In fact I would go as far as to say I honestly believe that our Premier League survival is already out of our own hands as I just cant see Roberto sorting this mess out any time soon and I cant see where the next win is going to come from, we just have to hope that there are 3 teams worse than us

Got a good feeling about tonight, said exactly the same before Palace away and that ended okay.

I'm Barry's biggest critic and would love to see him benched but have conceded that when fit, Bobby's old Spunk lips will start.

Would like to see Mirallas and Lennon start on the wings with Barkley behind Rom.

Howard or Robles? it's like having a choice at banging either Susan Boyle or Kathy Burke? None really take my fancy ( Maybe after a couple of beers).

COYB.

Its not the squad. The squad is stronger than last year. Its something else. I have been one of RMs supporters but im starting to seriously doubt the mans ability to pull the team out of the rut.

This is the big question. We win in Europe with the same squad and manager.

So, are we playing a different game or employing a different plan?

Are we making fewer mistakes, playing with less fear?

Are we just luckier in Europe, and the ball happens to bounce our way?

Or are the Euro teams simply not wise to us?

B_RjGaGU4AAYKmF.jpg

I've got to say that I'm utterly uninspired by this lineup. Gibbo is a positive move, but basically having 3 sitters and only one true wide player again has left me dismayed. I'm usually wrong about everything though. Let's hope Lukaku smashes in 4 and Gibbo scores a screamer.

Not happy with the team if I'm honest. I have always stood by Martinez and believed in him but I'm really starting to doubt him now. Seems to be the same set up as the Arsenal game with three central midfielders. Gibson deserves a place but it's harsh on Besic, again. Naismith will be out of position on the left so not expecting too much from him tonight. I really hope this formation works and my worries are wrong but if this ends up being another 'pass the ball around our half with 65% possession, 1 shot on target and still comfortably lose by two goals type of performance then I will be livid. Prove me wrong Bobby. Please. We're in deep shit if we lose tonight.

Edited by Geth

This can go in the vault if we destroy Stoke tonight but, after seeing his tactics tonight I'm convinced that if we survive this season it'll only be because other teams are more shit than us and not because we've saved ourselves.

Faith in Martinez has left the fucking building.