IGNORED

Burnley (Home)

markjazzbassist

Still confused by the peno?

What is going on? Its playground organisation choosing a penalty taker.

Baines is one of the best in the WORLD! What's going on Roberto?

Its simple, after the Mirallas bs, Mirallas told Baines that he was going to steal every penalty from him. Baines is trying to save Everton by giving it to others.

Whether his gesture was meant at the media, fans, or Father Christmas, Mirallas was stupid to make it. It was childish and impetuous, and he must have known it would be misinterpreted. If you want to criticize the media, do it in the interview after the game. He did himself no favors today. Yes, he scored, but the big picture is more important.

Whether his gesture was meant at the media, fans, or Father Christmas, Mirallas was stupid to make it. It was childish and impetuous, and he must have known it would be misinterpreted. If you want to criticize the media, do it in the interview after the game. He did himself no favors today. Yes, he scored, but the big picture is more important.

Seriously this is turning into nothing more than a witch hunt. The fella can't do any right. We got 3 points FFS and he was a massive part of that. But once again the wins overshadowed with conspiracy theorists.

Guest rusty747

I have to admit I think I'm going to be wrong about Lennon, he was very good. But I'm still reserving judgment as Burnly were awful.

Takes a big man to admit he was (might be) wrong.

Lennon could be our Trevor Steven if he can just improve the final ball a bit. His work rate is (dare I say it) 'phenomenal' and he seems to be the spark that ignites the rest of the team. In the military we used to call that Operational Synergy which is just a posh way of making 2+2 equal five. Lennon has that about him. He makes Everton play as a team, better than the sum of the input of each individual player. He has become very important already and I think will only get better.

Sign him up Bobby.

Edited by rusty747

Seriously this is turning into nothing more than a witch hunt. The fella can't do any right. We got 3 points FFS and he was a massive part of that. But once again the wins overshadowed with conspiracy theorists.

No conspiracy here. Mirallas caused the controversy. His tackle was also cynical, and he should have had a red card. Not one of his better games.

I have to admit I think I'm going to be wrong about Lennon, he was very good. But I'm still reserving judgment as Burnly were awful.

Good man seriously though we'd be daft not to buy the lad our dynamic and pace of play has vastly improved since he's come in

From the little I saw we should have buried them but as said yet again we seem to be lack luster in the final third

A creative attacking mid has to be at the top of Martinez's list in the summer along with another winger forward center back keeper..... Oh dear

Guest rusty747

When I was patrolling the jungle in Malaya (1950's) we had never heard of 'Operational Synergy', just made sure we saw 'them' before they saw us. :D

I wasn't even a twinkle in my Mum and Dad's eyes until 1962 John so I will happily defer to your senior experience. However, my wife is from KL and we have a condo in Penang. Does that count?

Not good when 3 points leaves you (well, me) disappointed rather than smiling. Lennon impressive, and thank goodness that Mirallas's touch under pressure was excellent. Good to see Baines especially and Coleman some get forward; each had a good driving attempt.

But ..... Burnley are not good, at all, except in dogged effort. They are not good, so the fact that Everton could not finish the match 3-0 against entire-second-half-10-man relegation club is deflating. Hope we can finish 10th, but today was mediocre at best.

Guest rusty747

Arsenal struggled to win 0-1 at Burnley last week so a little context is required I think. But I do agree we are still nowhere near the standard we were at a year ago.

A big clear out is needed this summer. Distin and Alcaraz will be gone. Kone, Mcgeady are just not good enough.

So, either give Galloway and/or Browning a run at CB to see if they are ready as cover or buy another cb - looking at Vaermalen (sp) I believe. We need to sign Lennon permanently, clear the air with Mirallas and get another winger and CF. if we can then get Ledson, Green, Galloway, Browning etc up to Premier League speed then we just may surprise a few people next season. Lots of if's there though.

Edited by rusty747

did not see the game but the interpretations of who meant what to who were so much more interesting than the game by the sounds of it.

disappointing to play against 10 man bottom of the league team any only win 1 0, still a wins a win.