IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window 2015

In the prem over 88 games for a side averaging 14th in the league over that time? I'd say 1 in 2 is a very good stat.

Moreso he's a bloody good lone striker. Lazy bastard at times but bullies defenders big time.

Team built to his strengths. He'll be useless at Liverpool if they don't use wingers and stevie long ball has gone.

Team built to his strengths. He'll be useless at Liverpool if they don't use wingers and stevie long ball has gone.

you are being sarcastic I assume???

Villa being set to a strikers strengths? Did you notice their style of play under Lambert and complete lack of goals?! They broke records!

you are being sarcastic I assume???

Villa being set to a strikers strengths? Did you notice their style of play under Lambert and complete lack of goals?! They broke records!

Villa and benteke aren't great at scoring goals is what you mean then? If so I agree. Their team was built round benteke, don't see how this is even up for discussion.

Villa and benteke aren't great at scoring goals is what you mean then? If so I agree. Their team was built round benteke, don't see how this is even up for discussion.

Villa last season averaged 0.5 goals a game as a team. Benteke has averaged 0.5 goals a game playing for villa.

Simply put - they do not generate chances or score many goals as a team. However he has a 1 in 2 record....

Surely not...

Dynamo Kiev winger Andrei Yarmolenko is close to making a £13.5m move to Stoke City after they ended their pursuit of Xherdan Shaqiri. (Sunday Mirror)

mannnnnnnnnn why arnt we all over this. If kev goes he is the most ideal replacement.

I just seen that Patrick Roberts has gone to City.

This home grown rule means nothing and actions needs to be enforced it actually does.

City have got Sterling (who will play), Delph (who might get the odd game) and Roberts (who won't play). Rules need to be put in place to say that an X number of home grown players in the squad (5-6 players) have to play a number of games and also a number of minutes a season. That way it would give players like Roberts and Delph a chance to prove themselves. It would also stop squads putting players on in the 92nd minute and it counting as an appearance. At the moment the rule is a club must have a certain number of home-grown players in their squad. Doesn't mean they have to play them as long as they are in the 23 man squad list. Rodwell and Sinclair went to City and got no game time and now moved on to different clubs. It is absolutely b011ock3 the rule!

I just seen that Patrick Roberts has gone to City.

This home grown rule means nothing and actions needs to be enforced it actually does.

City have got Sterling (who will play), Delph (who might get the odd game) and Roberts (who won't play). Rules need to be put in place to say that an X number of home grown players in the squad (5-6 players) have to play a number of games and also a number of minutes a season. That way it would give players like Roberts and Delph a chance to prove themselves. It would also stop squads putting players on in the 92nd minute and it counting as an appearance. At the moment the rule is a club must have a certain number of home-grown players in their squad. Doesn't mean they have to play them as long as they are in the 23 man squad list. Rodwell and Sinclair went to City and got no game time and now moved on to different clubs. It is absolutely b011ock3 the rule!

Great point. It would help for more parity too within the league if the big boys actually had to play Englishman. The good ones are few and far between.

Free Transfer Team (My Opinion) so far.

Casillas

Pereira - Richards - Mbia - Insua

Khedira - Xavi

Gerrard - Milner - Konoplyanka

Gignac

Subs - Neto, Johnson, Mauri, Reinartz, Gonzalez, Cleverley, Ayew, Ings

That's a pretty impressive team. Imagine building a team like that on 'frees' (yes agent fees and pay outs are much higher) but in principle, that's quite impressive.

Edited by tenaciousj