IGNORED

Excitement for 2015/16 Season

Delefeou is all but signed... loving (even if only for a short time) the thought of attacking group consisting of Lukaku, Miralles (if he stays), Lennon, Delefeou, Barkley, Cleverly... holding m/f McCarthy, Besic, Barry... backline Stones, Jags, Bainsey and Coleman... bench Osman, Naismith, Garbutt, Oviedo, Gibson

Schedule is somewhat attractive... Watford to start... Southampton away... then the big boys at home... Man for Man I will allow myself to dream of Champions League Football... IF Everton can put it all together - why not!!!?

To have this potential team with our shoestring budget is amazing. Everton keep doing it year after year while all other clubs have Multi-Billionaire owners...

THOUGHTS??

welcome toffeeman. like pad said we haven't signed lennon (i'm hoping we do as well though), but yes the signings are looking good and we are linked with quality this summer which is a compliment.

i am positive on the outlook too and think a cup victory is in our grasp this year. i'd love champs league as well and think we will be a dark horse since we had a rough campaign this last year.

COYB

Fair enough fella's and yes I am here for the long haul now that I have found you this side of the pond... I too have bled blue for my entire 43 years and understand where the league is... Lennon is a fool to go back to Tottenham as his game is better suited for Martinez's attack... Tell me two better than Jags and Stones outside of Chelsea's dynamic Duo (and even Maurinho know's that Knobhead Terry can't play forever and has his eyes on Stones) complimented with Coleman and the best left back in the Prem.

Europa killed us for form in the Prem and we don't have that distraction this year... Those Thursday matches are a killer for the weekend and it has to change (don't ask me how) for future years... I don't envy West Ham, Spurs, 'Pool or the Saints... I hope they all go deep into competition cause their league play will no doubt suffer... Spend all you want Liverpool, you're back line is still awful and until you address this I will watch gleefully at your 'under-performing' side... Add games to this lot and they will be an awful + tired lot = disaster...

We are competing with City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United for CL football. Yes - it will be an uphill battle but outside of City and Chelsea do you really rate United and Arsenal higher than Everton... I say it's a pick-em... C'mon you Blues!!! please....

Lennnons loan spell was up mate, had no choice but to go back. I can see us signing him in the last minute of TDD, latest January.

I am usually optimistic throughout the year, and now is no different. My optimism, however, rests solely in the hands of our manager and I seriously hope he has learnt from his mistakes of last season. If he doesn't evolve my patience with him, along with my optimism, will decline rapidly.

Finally, welcome to the forum :)

falling out of love with the game, this summer just seems to be taking the shape that the TV money suggested it may, new players getting daft wages, exisiting players appearing unsettled trying to get a big move and a wage increase.

sad state of affairs.

I'll confess, this is how I'm starting to feel too. But then, I can't help myself!

falling out of love with the game, this summer just seems to be taking the shape that the TV money suggested it may, new players getting daft wages, exisiting players appearing unsettled trying to get a big move and a wage increase.

sad state of affairs.

I'll confess, this is how I'm starting to feel too. But then, I can't help myself!

Same. The whole WC and FIFA stuff has really battered my interest. The atmospheres at games (not away, as they're always ace) have died...apart from grounds where they don't steward you like Dredd's.

Young players being bought like cattle, to keep English quota's up and their careers are ultimately being destroyed. Sinclair, Mceachran, Roberts, Rodwell, Bostock...which in turn is fucking with our national team. The irony of the English quota being introduced; designed to increase/improve our English talent, not destroy them (as it's happening now).

I don't know whether it's an age thing? Or just falling out of love with the game in general.

I go to the local ice hockey, have taken friends and family, and they LOVE it. Atmosphere is great, community is friendly, spectator rules are relaxed (beer in the stages yay!), fast paced action, consistent refereeing and honest off the ice activity. Wonderful stuff. No comparisons really.

Welcome to the site mate.

I'm very excited about the new season, I'm with Mike that anything could happen. Right now all teams are equal, in a way. But I'm expecting Martinez to have learned a lot this season, looking forward to seeing what he doesn't at the end of the window, and to see our young players develop further.

Nope, the team is about as dysfunctional still as it was last season. Number 10 still missing, only decent forward is Lukaku. Still issues with wide players and only two good centrebacks. Those need sorting out.

You're wrong... flat out... Look - last year was not the norm but an anomaly... Barkley got hurt and took ages to get back into even close to the form he had prior... MASSIVE blow... This is the best 15 we have had in a long time... from back to front...

I'm hopeful to get a little more depth in your post... little vague... I would really like to hear what your feelings are regarding the issues with the wide players that we have THIS year... McGeady can go - just doesn't cut it... Does Lu up front, Barkley behind, Miralles left, Deulofeu right with the support of McCarthy and Besic/Barry, overlapping from Coleman and Baines get your blood flowing just a little? It should mate... good squad...

Is there the chance that you have possibly become complacent with being a supporter? That you've lost sight of the fact that we have no money but still compete with all the big money clubs... That we have signed on players for next to nothing except wages that can actually play...

Why all the negativity mate? I just don't see it...

You're wrong... flat out... Look - last year was not the norm but an anomaly... Barkley got hurt and took ages to get back into even close to the form he had prior... MASSIVE blow... This is the best 15 we have had in a long time... from back to front...

I'm hopeful to get a little more depth in your post... little vague... I would really like to hear what your feelings are regarding the issues with the wide players that we have THIS year... McGeady can go - just doesn't cut it... Does Lu up front, Barkley behind, Miralles left, Deulofeu right with the support of McCarthy and Besic/Barry, overlapping from Coleman and Baines get your blood flowing just a little? It should mate... good squad...

Is there the chance that you have possibly become complacent with being a supporter? That you've lost sight of the fact that we have no money but still compete with all the big money clubs... That we have signed on players for next to nothing except wages that can actually play...

Why all the negativity mate? I just don't see it...

Liking the attitude, stick around :).

He must be American ;).

Canadian according to his profile, they're like Americans but just spend less time killing each other as I understand it :67: .

Good to see unbridled optimism; I'm with him all the way! I might even move to Canadia to be closer to him :D.

Welcome!

If you're an optimistic everton fan then you're due heartbreak..fair play to you though.

On the hockey thing..went to watch a rangers game in new york..loved it! Work restricts attending any local ones sadly but would love to make it a regular thing as I've always been a fan

Canadian according to his profile, they're like Americans but just spend less time killing each other as I understand it :67: .

Good to see unbridled optimism; I'm with him all the way! I might even move to Canadia to be closer to him :D.

...you're basically saying Brits are just like the Irish only they shag less sheep... not entirely accurate...

Welcome!

If you're an optimistic everton fan then you're due heartbreak..fair play to you though.

On the hockey thing..went to watch a rangers game in new york..loved it! Work restricts attending any local ones sadly but would love to make it a regular thing as I've always been a fan

Cheers - love the banter... from Vancouver, BC... hockey is fun to watch- so fast...

Cheers - love the banter... from Vancouver, BC... hockey is fun to watch- so fast...

Also, heartbreak doesn't quite accurately describe the sensation...

When we win it is euphoric... top of the world... bring on Barcelona and that magician Messi...

When we lose... hide the sharp instruments... everybody F$%K OFF... why oh why God will you not send a Billionaire Scouser our way??!?!?

Vancouver is a great city, been there a few times and enjoyed it. Had a great Italian meal in the gas lamp district, it was probably one of the best meals of my life. I'm a kings fan in hockey, lived in Los Angeles for a while and enjoyed the couple cup wins we had.

Anyway back to topic vault me anyone in saying a cup victory is ours this year.