IGNORED

Excitement for 2015/16 Season

Ha ha my sentiments exactly, it felt more like getting a speeding ticket through the post

Even better. I'll pm you my address as well so you can send it on for Josh, along with a cheque for £85, just to keep the speeding ticket illusion going (£50 if you do it in the next week) B).

Sorted.

All I have to do now is to convince the wife to move north :unsure:.

For those who got their ST I say this. You're the luckiest buggers. I am trying everything to get to a few games and I envy you in ways I cannot put into words. For good or bad, you get to go to Goodison to get tortured / rewarded. Never underestimate your fortune to watch our boys in Blue at then Old Lady. You are truly privileged.

Edited by Matt

For those who got their ST I say this. You're the luckiest buggers. I am trying everything to get to a few games and I envy you in ways I cannot put into words. For good or bad, you get to go to Goodison to get tortured / rewarded. Never underestimate your fortune to watch our boys in Blue at then Old Lady. You are truly privileged.

Exactly this.

Try living a few thousand miles away. :(

Edited by TonkaRoost

Don't worry, Matt, I may not be getting much enjoyment from attending but I do know how lucky I am, and I would only ever give up my season ticket if I absolutely had to.

Move back to Luverpool, simples.

Now that the tickets have turned up Im buzzing at how excited my oldest 2 girls are.

They have just turned 6 & 8 and they have been to a few games but these are their first season tickets and its safe to say they are already bitter blues to the core!

My 6 year old insisted on going to the end of term school disco in her Everton kit and when I picked her up I jokingly said " I hope you haven't been kissing any boys in there ,to which she replied " no daddy but I did have a dance with one " I mocked horror and she swiftly quantified it with " its ok daddy he is an Evertonian"

As if that wasnt funny enough she followed it up with " Oliver Johnston asked me to dance but I said no because he supports Liverpoo" ( and yes she missed off the L not me!)

So Im looking forward to fully integrating the girls into the blue family but also feeling guilty to imposing the life of doom on them

Now that the tickets have turned up Im buzzing at how excited my oldest 2 girls are.

They have just turned 6 & 8 and they have been to a few games but these are their first season tickets and its safe to say they are already bitter blues to the core!

My 6 year old insisted on going to the end of term school disco in her Everton kit and when I picked her up I jokingly said " I hope you haven't been kissing any boys in there ,to which she replied " no daddy but I did have a dance with one " I mocked horror and she swiftly quantified it with " its ok daddy he is an Evertonian"

As if that wasnt funny enough she followed it up with " Oliver Johnston asked me to dance but I said no because he supports Liverpoo" ( and yes she missed off the L not me!)

So Im looking forward to fully integrating the girls into the blue family but also feeling guilty to imposing the life of doom on them

Brilliant.

I'm excited. This is only my second season following closely so I don't carry the baggage of many years of disappointment. I'm happy to be an Everton supporter and will be for the rest of my lfie. Sure last season was super disappointing but I really think this team is very talented. Stones, Barkley and Lukaku and going to improve and be even better and that's going to be a solid spine of the team (Barkley will be more of a bounce back from the sophomore slump situation). Howard absolutely can't be worse than he was last year--if he regains 10% of his form, that's worth a half dozen points by itself. Even if he's past it, Joel showed enough last season that I think RM can't turn to him sooner rather than later in that situation.

Cleverly has something to prove. Jags is a solid pro. Delo is an exciting addition. Mirallas can be infruating but he has moments of real brilliance. And it looks like some of the young guys have played well in pre-season.

Of course, what has been said about depth is true. If Kone has to play significant time...that's a nightmare.

But overall I'm optimistic. Can't wait for the 8th!

I'm excited, I always will be. I had a few years away from having a season ticket after buying a house and just couldn't afford it. This will only be my second season back with a season ticket and I can't wait.

I'm excited to see Cleverley and where he plays in the team. I still remember being on the end of my seat everytime Gerry got on the ball.

I hope to see some new faces before the window closes, I hope I don't see the miserable prick who sits in front of me.

Only downside, I might have to take the new wife to the game with me, my best mate is still on his hols for the first game, so is my old man (first back up), and she always wants to hold my hand at the game and cuddle when she gets bored!!!

Not at the match love!!!!!

I'm excited, I always will be. I had a few years away from having a season ticket after buying a house and just couldn't afford it. This will only be my second season back with a season ticket and I can't wait.

I'm excited to see Cleverley and where he plays in the team. I still remember being on the end of my seat everytime Gerry got on the ball.

I hope to see some new faces before the window closes, I hope I don't see the miserable prick who sits in front of me.

Only downside, I might have to take the new wife to the game with me, my best mate is still on his hols for the first game, so is my old man (first back up), and she always wants to hold my hand at the game and cuddle when she gets bored!!!

Not at the match love!!!!!

You need to get that nipped in the bud mate.

Advice from a long serving married man...

Don't tell her your mate is away and go on your own or if she knows that he is say he's given it to his little nephew/cousin or whatever.

Not a lot to feel happy about reading this...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/04/why-roberto-martinezs-everton-could-be-in-real-trouble-this-season-5325856/

Sadly it's so true.

That's how I see it.

The biggest worry about leaving it so late is, chasing a player of genuine quality and ability, will probably be one of the better players at a club. That club would be mental to let that player go, just hours before the end of the window without a replacement. Why would they sell so late? and why wouldn't they hold you for ransom?

They know you're desperate and will rinse you. This transfer window has been pretty shambolic considering where we were last year and knowing what needed to be done to the squad.

The season will be hard and I think it'll be Roberto's last.

I was at the Leeds game on Sat with some Leeds fans trying to explain our current predicament with signing players - I really couldn't, I'm confused this summer more than any other.

My theory is that we've got better 1st team quality than the likes of Stoke, Swansea, Newcastle, etc. Starting 11, we're on par with Spurs/Liverpoo. To actually improve we've got to be looking at £15m+ players which we clearly can't afford too many of rather than these £5-8m players that teams like Villa and Leicester are picking up. Thing is we could do with some of these £5-8m to bulk a very threadbare squad up as with the injuries we've got currently our first 11 is nowhere near the likes of Spurs. Southampton have proved there is value in this market. I'm just very confused with what's going on currently and fear that this season could very quickly turn into a repeat of last if we don't pick points up in what's a very tricky start.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Sadly, I don't think we are prepared for this season.

I still think people are very short sighted when they get frustrated over lack of signings etc etc.

"Roberto is in a new job and I am sure he will get to know how Everton work. I signed every player at Everton so I know exactly how Everton work"

They were the words of our ex manager in a clear parting shot at how our transfer policy was a very much sell to buy.

SO.... my question is "who do you blame???" - is it that Martinez is dragging his feet? I don't think thats the case as he tied up cleverley and deulofeu as soon as he could for a total cost of £4m.

The answer as per usual is that the people running (feel free to change the first N for an I) the club are hindering our progress, some may say we are being run prudently but thats all very noble when teams like west ham, stoke etc are strengthening.

The club are no doubt hoping that the fans still have the signing of Lukaku fresh in our minds (I call it a £28m swap deal with us selling a further £12m plus of players really)

It really is time that the fans look further into why we are never in a position to put a strong "squad" not first 11 together. Its conceivable that there is going to be injuries and when they do happen we will look very fragile and inexperienced.

Unless the market is awash with top quality bosmans or the likes of barcelona want to give us their top talent for a free try before buy then do not be expecting any £10m+ signings - i'm sure Roberto has a massive wish list of players - its just that we may need to see Stones be sold for £35m before any of this happens.

Don't say you weren't warned...

P.S my friends little lad was gutted yesterday - got the full kit apart from the socks - no socks.... bravo Everton, leading the way again.

Edited by Hafnia

I still think people are very short sighted when they get frustrated over lack of signings etc etc.

"Roberto is in a new job and I am sure he will get to know how Everton work. I signed every player at Everton so I know exactly how Everton work"

They were the words of our ex manager in a clear parting shot at how our transfer policy was a very much sell to buy.

SO.... my question is "who do you blame???" - is it that Martinez is dragging his feet? I don't think thats the case as he tied up cleverley and deulofeu as soon as he could for a total cost of £4m.

The answer as per usual is that the people running (feel free to change the first N for an I) the club are hindering our progress, some may say we are being run prudently but thats all very noble when teams like west ham, stoke etc are strengthening.

The club are no doubt hoping that the fans still have the signing of Lukaku fresh in our minds (I call it a £28m swap deal with us selling a further £12m plus of players really)

It really is time that the fans look further into why we are never in a position to put a strong "squad" not first 11 together. Its conceivable that there is going to be injuries and when they do happen we will look very fragile and inexperienced.

I have no doubt that this probably is the case. Still doesn't change the frustrations and even more poignant is knowing that it won't change any time soon.

I have no doubt that this probably is the case. Still doesn't change the frustrations and even more poignant is knowing that it won't change any time soon.

But most people trust Bill and that he has the best interests of Everton at heart.... In which case why is that clown Elstone still calling the commercial shots???

Who is taking accountability for our shocking commercial performance and lack of development with the infrastructure???

Too many fans look no further than the list of current players and have no real desire to understand cause and effect of a board headed by the worlds biggerst Evertonian who are absolutely pathetic and have see us become a medium sized club.

As soon as you criticise Blue Bill it sparks a defensive reaction from fans who confuse love for the club with appreciation of a Blue who's doing his best.

I'll ask this now - if Kenwright was a kopite like Peter Johnson - would he get as much tolerance??? I think we all know the answer to that.