IGNORED

Cricket Thread

Wonder if it's ever happened before that a team has had two centurions and still lost a World Cup match, or even any 50 over international? Ah well at least our run rate didn't suffer too much and we've got the one of the inevitable stinkers out of the way.

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Two incredible games today, both low scoring but exciting as f'ck. Feel for Brathwaite, Cottrell & Nabi in particular, might've been two big upsets.

And would've given us the chance to finish in the top 2 again. There's every chance we'll not win another game in the group stages.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

And would've given us the chance to finish in the top 2 again. There's every chance we'll not win another game in the group stages.

I think we'll win one or two, we're going to have to beat two of them anyway if we make the semis and want to win it. Personally I don't think there's a fag paper between us, India and Oz each playing at their best and NZ are by no means out of it either; be very surprised and disappointed if that isn't the final four, and then I think it'll be irrelevant if you finish top two or 3rd/4th.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

I think we'll win one or two, we're going to have to beat two of them anyway if we make the semis and want to win it. Personally I don't think there's a fag paper between us, India and Oz each playing at their best and NZ are by no means out of it either; be very surprised and disappointed if that isn't the final four, and then I think it'll be irrelevant if you finish top two or 3rd/4th.

I think one will do it but for us to go into the knockout stages full of confidence I’d want us two win two out of the last three. Tough ask though. Looking forward to Tuesday and giving the Aussies some serious stick!

11 hours ago, barryj said:

I think one will do it but for us to go into the knockout stages full of confidence I’d want us two win two out of the last three. Tough ask though. Looking forward to Tuesday and giving the Aussies some serious stick!

Roy still not going to be fit though:(.

On 24/06/2019 at 12:18, Romey 1878 said:

Big handicap having Vince play. He’s terrible. 

I cant work out why he’s had so many opportunities to prove he’s not international standard. It was the same with Bopara. 

Just lost his wicket again. With Root just gone this is an almost impossible task now.