IGNORED

Cricket Thread

58 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

When he plays you may as well start 1 down. Decent County player but he’s just not international standard. Hales should be ashamed of himself. 

I'd put Root in to open (as he's pretty much doing anyway with Vince there) and bring in Curren, decent bowler who bats well also.

5 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'd put Root in to open (as he's pretty much doing anyway with Vince there) and bring in Curren, decent bowler who bats well also.

Agree with this.  Root has the discipline in his batting to be able to open. Curran has just returned from injury?  Needs a few county games.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Don’t know about Curran coming in, I imagine Plunkett would just slot back in, but I’d definitely move Root up to open and get shut of Vince. 

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Tom is the Curran at the World Cup. 

What he said.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don’t know about Curran coming in, I imagine Plunkett would just slot back in, but I’d definitely move Root up to open and get shut of Vince. 

Curran, albeit in a much shorter career averages 44.5 with the bat and just short of 30 with the ball; Plunkett 20.6 bat and exactly 30 bowling. Economy rates 6.33/5.87 so nothing between them with the ball so I'd take Curran to deepen the batting.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

What he said.

Curran, albeit in a much shorter career averages 44.5 with the bat and just short of 30 with the ball; Plunkett 20.6 bat and exactly 30 bowling. Economy rates 6.33/5.87 so nothing between them with the ball so I'd take Curran to deepen the batting.

So would I but Plunkett is probably who Morgan and Bayliss would want to come in. 

I’d be looking to get Ali out too. He just pisses me off with his stupid shots when we need him to stick around and give us stability. 

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Yeah but 7.3 runs per over for the first pair off 22 overs and 6.3 for the remainder, should have got more.

Agreed we should have it the 370s but I’ll happily take the 337 and hand it to the bowlers with a don’t mess it up. 

Or the fielders. 

Edited by Palfy
Root

I was out all day with the children at Alton Towers and somehow managed to avoid the score until I watched the highlights. I thought Roots dropped catch could have cost us and we got lucky with a couple early on with the bat. However having Roy opening adds far more positivity to the batting lineup. It’s almost knockout tournament from now on with us likely needing to beat NZ. 

Done and done, Taylor out. I don't think NZ will even try to win this now because if they attack and get bowled out cheaply they'll be vulnerable to Pakistan having a big win in their last game; if they've got any sense they'll just stick around and grind out a half decent total to protect their run rate.