IGNORED

Cricket Thread

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

A pitiful showing from England in their second innings and it was no surprise.

You'd think they'd acclimatised to the subcontinent spin by now, so I put it down more to application and patience, which the white ball game has rather drummed out of them all, bar Root.

4 hours ago, Formby said:

You'd think they'd acclimatised to the subcontinent spin by now, so I put it down more to application and patience, which the white ball game has rather drummed out of them all, bar Root.

What about Sibley? Wait, I’ve got the explanation for him... he’s fucking shite :lol:. It shows how bad the options are for openers that he’s playing. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

With the whole England ODI squad to face Pakistan having to be changed due to original squad having to isolate, I'd expect Pakistan to do to us what we just did to Sri Lanka and take us apart.

Will be very interesting to see who they select, Stokes coming in as captain is a positive but there are going to be some unfamiliar names in there.

Ben Stokes (Durham, captain), Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire), Danny Briggs (Warwickshire), Brydon Carse (Durham), Zak Crawley (Kent), Ben Duckett (Nottinghamshire), Lewis Gregory (Somerset), Tom Helm (Middlesex), Will Jacks (Surrey), Dan Lawrence (Essex), Saqib Mahmood (Lancashire), Dawid Malan (Yorkshire), Craig Overton (Somerset), Matt Parkinson (Lancashire), David Payne (Gloucestershire), Phil Salt (Sussex), John Simpson (Middlesex), James Vince (Hampshire).

On 06/07/2021 at 11:05, Romey 1878 said:

With the whole England ODI squad to face Pakistan having to be changed due to original squad having to isolate, I'd expect Pakistan to do to us what we just did to Sri Lanka and take us apart.

Decent start, we have them 17-3, but early days.

20 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The fielding in the women’s game has really come on a lot. 

Indeed, that one was just amazing, releases the ball with a split second to spare then leaves the ground to make the catch with even less, can't remember seeing anything comparable in the men's game.