IGNORED

Cricket Thread

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I have to smile. The English press like to pretend that England has a good cricket team, but then they play Australia or India or some other top-notch team.

Last test series we played against India (2018) we won 4-1. Just saying.

And I didn't see a single pundit anywhere suggesting England would win the current series so not sure what English press you're getting that impression from.

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Last test series we played against India (2018) we won 4-1. Just saying.

And I didn't see a single pundit anywhere suggesting England would win the current series so not sure what English press you're getting that impression from.

Perhaps Steve was confusing the format of the game? England are actually very good with the white ball! Tests sadly played with the red... and I didn't hear one positive prediction for the current Ashes...  

Silverwood should hopefully go after this series as well.

And our batters really need to stop being over-rated. Root in the same bracket as the likes of Kohli, Williamson and Smith? Not for me. Buttler one of the best? Certainly not in Test cricket. Stokes only turns up every now and then, but mostly does nothing. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Shane Warne has died. This has really saddened me tbh.

Tweeted just 12hrs ago to about a fellow cricketer passing away. Kinda' hits home how precious life is. 

I'm not a fan of cricket at all (quite the opposite) but Shane always came across as a really nice, down to Earth guy. Horrible news to see, at such a young age too.

• 2 weeks later...

What an effort from Leach and Mahmood, already in the top forty highest run tenth wicket partnerships in test history; and if you just looked at partnerships involving 10 and 11 rather than an established batsman shepherding a tail-ender they'd be way higher. Great stuff after some pretty abject efforts by the top order.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283526.html

Ah shit.

53 minutes ago, MikeO said:

What an effort from Leach and Mahmood, already in the top forty highest run tenth wicket partnerships in test history; and if you just looked at partnerships involving 10 and 11 rather than an established batsman shepherding a tail-ender they'd be way higher. Great stuff after some pretty abject efforts by the top order.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283526.html

Ah shit.

No surprise that when there's finally a pitch that has some life in it the batting line-up are destroyed.

41 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Women have done well to turn things around after losing their first three matches in the WC, effectively every game since that has been a "must win". Big ask to beat Oz in the final but hopefully they can make a game of it.

I think their bowling will be what will win it for the Aussie's. Just can't see us being able to get enough runs.