IGNORED

Cricket Thread

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

What an incredible win by Pakistan today, beating England by ten wickets and breaking any number of records. 

It was but they lived pretty dangerously by only winning with three balls to spare, a late wicket or two would've left them vulnerable; ten wicket win should be wrapped up with time to spare.

11 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

What do people think of the Mankad that gave India victory over England in the women’s ODI? Controversial. 

Like has been said, it's within the rules (with the rules around it even being changed quite recently) but it's not a way to win a game that would sit right with me, and I certainly wouldn't have gone round shaking the Indian women's hands at the end like Charlie Dean did.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

What do people think of the Mankad that gave India victory over England in the women’s ODI? Controversial. 

I think what made it especially shabby was the fact that India had already won the series so losing the game would've meant little in the grand scheme of things; plus it was just looking like a really great tenth wicket stand could achieve something memorable, particularly for Dean.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Strolling it!

"Pakistan need 81 runs to win from 2.0 overs"👍

They really stepped it up the last two games. Batting was brilliant. And Buttler to come (hopefully). Great preparation for the WC! 👍

Pretty sure that that with us three cheering them on, and Steve slowly coming round, we have  a chance! 🙂 

18 hours ago, Formby said:

They really stepped it up the last two games. Batting was brilliant. And Buttler to come (hopefully). Great preparation for the WC! 👍

Pretty sure that that with us three cheering them on, and Steve slowly coming round, we have  a chance! 🙂 

I love your optimism Formby, but I think Steve appreciates sport played at it’s best and won’t be cheering England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 on anytime soon as a fan😉

18 hours ago, Formby said:

That can't be right! He supports Everton!

Just to be clear, my culture is that of Cornwall, from where most of my ancestors came. The balance of my ancestors came from England. When there's a Celtic/Cornish option, that's who I support - but Truro City haven't yet made it to the major leagues. :) Yes, I could follow a team in either Wales or Scotland, but the English line of my family justifies supporting a team from England. Anyway, Everton is just a wonderful team with a fanbase with which I can relate.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Just to be clear, my culture is that of Cornwall, from where most of my ancestors came. The balance of my ancestors came from England. When there's a Celtic/Cornish option, that's who I support - but Truro City haven't yet made it to the major leagues. :) Yes, I could follow a team in either Wales or Scotland, but the English line of my family justifies supporting a team from England. Anyway, Everton is just a wonderful team with a fanbase with which I can relate.

Absolutely! 👍

8 minutes ago, Formby said:

Well, well. Another victory - this time over a full-strength Australia. Wade's behaviour in the last match was nothing short of disgraceful so I am very pleased he came up short again today. 

Was just coming on to post that it's a massive positive to have taken the series right before the World Cup out there.