IGNORED

Cricket Thread

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They always up their game against England but they are an always improving cricket side. 

I don’t see a lot of them outside of tournaments, seems they always 1/2 decent players at a tournament but it’s good to see. I want NZ & England to go through from the group so I really hope Ireland can beat Australia.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not a fan of Buttler as captain so I’m not feeling confident they’ll get the job done against the Aussie’s. 

I think this aussie team is not as formidable as previous teams. Big question marks over Finch at the moment. Don’t rate Matty Wade at all.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m not a fan of Buttler as captain so I’m not feeling confident they’ll get the job done against the Aussie’s. 

I feel the same. Buttler did okay in the warm-up games but he's no Morgan. 

England's batting was poor against Afganistan, too. I'm hoping they flip the switch tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Neither is England's.

Fair. Obviously I see more of the aussie team than the English so I’m probably going more off names than form with them. Regardless, hope they get up over the Aussies.

The Dutch have done okay against India here, couple of moments they could have done better though.

22 hours ago, Formby said:

Sadly, I think a draw here means England won't qualify. They will have to win big against Sri Lanka and NZ to get the NRR up, which I don't think they will. Australia have Ireland and Afghanistan to play so will get second. NZ will be top. 😔

Nz doing everything they can to keep it interesting

22 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's ridiculous how much cricket has been lost during this tournament.

Not having any rain days factored in when they knew this was a high probability is stupid.

Also I find it strange that they are having double headers at the same venue. Obviously can’t control the weather but would have surely thought you’d hedge your bets with 2 games in different cities.

There’s another La Niña for us here so we’re expecting a very wet summer again as well.