IGNORED

Cricket Thread

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

We will have to make our first 6 overs in the power play count, something that NZ failed to do. If they keep us in the the mid thirties then we will struggle we want to be in mid fifties, we have good batsmen through the order, so we should go for keeping the run rate high even at the cost of wickets. So let's go for it you only have one chance. 

It’s easier said than done but your top order just need to go out and play their game, not the occasion. Even if 1 of your top order face 30/40 balls you’ll have a decent score.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That result wouldn't have happened under any other previous English management/captaincy team. 

Wouldn't have happened under any previous management/captaincy team anywhere, not just England.

They've totally re-written the test cricket playbook, will be interesting to see if anyone else has the cojones to try to emulate.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Wouldn't have happened under any previous management/captaincy team anywhere, not just England.

They've totally re-written the test cricket playbook, will be interesting to see if anyone else has the cojones to try to emulate.

Massive difference from that game against NZ under Root.

That was an embarrassment.

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

That result wouldn't have happened under any other previous English management/captaincy team. 

I am huge, huge fan of Brendon Mccullum - really hope he does well with England. Has a very aggressive/positive approach to the game. How are you finding it generally with him at the moment?

4 hours ago, Btay said:

I haven’t seen much of the england team, obviously results have been good but do you feel it’s management/players hitting form or a mixture.

They're playing in a completely different way than anything they did before, which is the reason they're winning. That's not form making them successful, that's the management which has then led to the better play and the form has come from that.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They're playing in a completely different way than anything they did before, which is the reason they're winning. That's not form making them successful, that's the management which has then led to the better play and the form has come from that.

If only Frank could do the same... 😧

On 07/12/2022 at 04:06, Btay said:

I haven’t seen much of the england team, obviously results have been good but do you feel it’s management/players hitting form or a mixture.

As Romey says, its all about the management. Its like chalk and cheese and McCullum and Stokes look made for each other. 

A lot of the matches we have won since they came in could have gone either way but it was their positivity on each occasion that got us over the line, when previously it would be our negativity that would have cost/lost it for us.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

As Romey says, its all about the management. Its like chalk and cheese and McCullum and Stokes look made for each other. 

A lot of the matches we have won since they came in could have gone either way but it was their positivity on each occasion that got us over the line, when previously it would be our negativity that would have cost/lost it for us.

Love to see it fellas. I will be a keeping a closer eye on the English games though from now on. I have great memories as McCullum captaining New Zealand in which first for foremost, played the game in the right way but was also just very positive in his approach.

I think you guys could be about to go on a very good run here & I hope it’s a long one with him!

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

And this first innings of the second Test is the other side of the coin of what can happen.

I think credit goes to Abrar - amazing debut from him. Perhaps we should have started Rehan and matched debutant with debutant? Not out of it, yet, anyway, especially if we can get Babar out early tomorrow!