IGNORED

Cricket Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2022 at 16:37, MikeO said:

Gloucestershire won the toss at home to Surrey in the CC yesterday and chose to bowl, looked a good call when they had Surrey at 37-3.....just bowled them out for 603, which included a 244 eighth wicket stand😂

Oops.

Warwickshire at it today, won the toss and put Northants in, 287-0 at tea:D

• 3 weeks later...

Root and Foakes did really well to see it through, but in true England style we made it so much harder than it needed to be.

Bairstow and Stokes were both seeing and timing the ball really well but you can just see them getting carried away. Its like they switch into one-day mode and then can't get back out of it. The shots both of those two played to get themselves out were real shockers. 

I might well have brought this up before, because it's been in my head for a while, but is anyone else annoyed by the fact that batsmen now have to be referred to as "batters"? Same as man of the match now has to be player of the match. Insane.

Meanwhile a British woman in triathlon is able to get an "ironman" record and nobody blinks an eye (rightly so imo). How long before that becomes the ironperson of specific gender record?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/triathlon/61698667

To the right wing I'm as "woke" as they come, and wear the badge with pride, but it's just silly.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I might well have brought this up before, because it's been in my head for a while, but is anyone else annoyed by the fact that batsmen now have to be referred to as "batters"? Same as man of the match now has to be player of the match. Insane.

Meanwhile a British woman in triathlon is able to get an "ironman" record and nobody blinks an eye (rightly so imo). How long before that becomes the ironperson of specific gender record?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/triathlon/61698667

To the right wing I'm as "woke" as they come, and wear the badge with pride, but it's just silly.

Michael, the world has gone mad and it seems nothing can be done about it.

Oh my lord.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61899721

As a comments says, "How about a 25 ball tournament, 5 overs of 5 balls, only the wicket keeper can stand outside the circle in the 1st 2 overs. All bowlers have to bowl with their wrong arm, batsmen play with a chopstick, and a member of the crowd has to face the next ball if there's a dot ball."

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Oh my lord.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/61899721

As a comments says, "How about a 25 ball tournament, 5 overs of 5 balls, only the wicket keeper can stand outside the circle in the 1st 2 overs. All bowlers have to bowl with their wrong arm, batsmen play with a chopstick, and a member of the crowd has to face the next ball if there's a dot ball."

The absolute fucking state of that fuckery. 

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Going at a great lick also, new ball still 39 overs away👍

The change in management and captaincy looks to have had an immediate impact. There's no just ticking over, they're always trying to move the game forward in order to give them the best chance to win the game. That was needed big time after how slowly NZ batted in their first innings.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The change in management and captaincy looks to have had an immediate impact. There's no just ticking over, they're always trying to move the game forward in order to give them the best chance to win the game. That was needed big time after how slowly NZ batted in their first innings.

Took NZ more than 100 overs to get 250, we did it in less than 50, well in.