IGNORED

Cricket Thread

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was lovely watching England take Australia apart yesterday with the utmost ease.

Even more enjoyable was seeing the looks on their players faces as it happened. Total shellshock :lol:.

Loved it myself, can’t stand the aus cricket team ( men’s and women’s ) as they are incredibly arrogant/entitled.

Both my parents where born in NZ so I happily follow them as they just play the game how it should be played.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

They have, does anyone know why Asghar Afghan is retiring after today's game against Namibia? Seems a bit odd to stand down mid-way through a tournament:huh:

This is all I could find - certainly odd timing...

...during the innings break, a tearful Afghan said, ““I want to give chance to youngsters. I think this is a good opportunity for that. Most people are asking me why now but it’s something I cannot explain. In the last match, we were hurt too much, and that’s why I decided to retire.”

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Same. Another very arrogant side.

Yeah, I can’t stand Kohli. Annoys me that me media seem to always focus on Kohli/Smith being the two best batsmen but Kane Williamson ( Joe Root for you lot ) are in the same bracket as them and hardly get a mention. Might be an Aussie media thing though.

Right, well if we were really sneaky we could connive with SA this afternoon and work out what we'd have to lose by to allow them to join us and Oz on eight points, while allowing them to improve their run rate enough to overtake Oz but not by enough to over take us.

Austalia out, we still top the group, everyone's a winner:otvwhistle:

35 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bowling has really let us down the past two games.

Good luck to NZ in the final.

When Livingstone's last over went for just two I thought we had it but not to be; still thinks the batsmen left us fifteen odd short though, they didn't get the ball away at the death like NZ did.

With you on New Zealand for the final though.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

When Livingstone's last over went for just two I thought we had it but not to be; still thinks the batsmen left us fifteen odd short though, they didn't get the ball away at the death like NZ did.

With you on New Zealand for the final though.

I thought we had it too :( and also agree about the batting - they just couldn’t ramp it up at the end when it was needed.

Bringing Wood back has turned out to be a complete waste. Selectors clearly thought it would be like for like with Mills but Wood just tried to bowl as fast as he could without even thinking about where he was actually putting the ball, which led to him just getting smashed all over the place.