IGNORED

Watford (Home)

markjazzbassist

This is the team I would like. McCarthy as the holding midfielder and Barkley & Cleverley further forward.

I doubt it will happen though, Barry will play.

Im quick to give Barry stick but hes look alright pre-season, if he plays against Watford i wont be too upset aslong as McCarthy is bombing forward more.

Martinez says he knows the starting 11 for the Watford game. I'm sure every other fucker knows it too what with us only having 2 new players (one of them being injured), and then having an injury list as long as my arm!

Edit - it also suggests, as we all suspected, that no one will be brought in this week.

Edited by Romey 1878

So, realistically then we're going to trot out something equal parts impressive and intimidating like this:

----------------TH--------------

Coleman--Jags--Browning--Baines

-------------Barry's Nan-------------

Osman -- McCarthy -- Barkley

-------Naismith -- Kone ---------

While that lineup fills me with very little confidence, I imagine Watford supporters are in a fairly similar position right now. At least we know what brand of garbage we'll witness. Has 0-0 written all over it.

Just watched his press conference for Watford. Stones defo fit he doesn't mention Mirallas and they will assess Lukaku in next 48 hours which translates to him probably not being fit.

The OS reporting something different:

The manager also expects John Stones and Kevin Mirallas to play, whileGerard Deulofeu has a 'chance'

Not watched the PC yet, will get on it now :)

edit: Bloody nora, the quality is terrible :doh:

Edited by Matt

The OS reporting something different:

Not watched the PC yet, will get on it now :)

edit: Bloody nora, the quality is terrible :doh:

Tbh I'm in a meeting in work that's boring the shot out of me and I'm watching it on my phone and it keeps freezing and jumping so I may of missed him mention Mirallas but I really didn't hear him mention him.

Tbh I'm in a meeting in work that's boring the shot out of me and I'm watching it on my phone and it keeps freezing and jumping so I may of missed him mention Mirallas but I really didn't hear him mention him.

The quality was that bad, I think it skipped his name in the video...

The quality was that bad, I think it skipped his name in the video...

It could well off tbf, I kept sliding it bsck when he was talking sbout when Deulefeu to see if I could hear how long he said but could only make 15 out at the end.

Even our press conferences are shite! :lol:

It could well off tbf, I kept sliding it bsck when he was talking sbout when Deulefeu to see if I could hear how long he said but could only make 15 out at the end.

Even our press conferences are shite! :lol:

They were fine last year, no idea what they've changed. Think they're trying to directly record to YouTube rather than upload a video (if thats even possible). Either way, this method is shite!

The 4-3-3 people have mentioned with Barkley, McCarthy, Cleverley in midfield looks decent on paper, but we just don't have the squad to back that up. Ossie and Naismith just wouldn't fit anywhere, we have no back up wingers in a front 3 and take Lukaku out and we have no one to provide a central focus. We'll play 4-2-3-1 every game with two holding midfielders and a fudge in the front four whenever there are injuries because that is the shape of the squad Martinez has built.

It's a sad situation when we have to rely on Rom being fit or it's all doom and gloom.......against Watford at home.

These should be the sort of games where our injured players coming back could sit out for that extra bit, as our back up players would be more than capable to fill in.

Unfortunately with our squad with only have a good starting 11 when all are fit....bar a couple i suppose.

So i am also praying Rom is fit for Sat, along with Stones and Kev, then we have more than enough to beat Watford and only Watford.

More faces will be essential for the following weeks trip to Southampton.

Edited by milesey05

new lineup with injuries factored in

howard (yes crusty i would prefer joel but RM won't play him sadly)

coleman stones jags baines

mccarthy barkley

osman cleverley oviedo

mirallas

gonna kill myself if thats the team.4-3-3 the defence picks itself Mccarthy,Barkley,Cleverly,Kev,Gerry,Rom. if Gerry and Rom arent fit play clev in gerrys positon and ossie in clevs. Dunc up front

gonna kill myself if thats the team.4-3-3 the defence picks itself Mccarthy,Barkley,Cleverly,Kev,Gerry,Rom. if Gerry and Rom arent fit play clev in gerrys positon and ossie in clevs. Dunc up front

gerry and rom are injured. so 433 would be

howard

coleman jags stones baines

mccarthy barkley cleverley

mcgeadymirallas oviedo