IGNORED

Watford (Home)

markjazzbassist

Have to admit, didn't think Mirallas did much today, but one inch higher up his leg today and that tackle would have ended his season, and our squad really could do without that, so maybe we had a touch of luck out there.......hey I'm looking for any staw to clutch.

Pretty soon teams coming to Goodison will be able to rest their better players !

Other than Coleman getting forward and the odd good bit of work from Ross, we can't create anything.

I dread big teams like Stoke and Crystal Palace coming to Goodison.

Did we expect anything else? Look, we have to believe we can improve. This team started excellent last season, we were just poor at the back, and in the end that infected our whole game. Biggest problem today? Poor defending, again. Martinez has to address thet, and tbh on the pitch its Jags who needs to step up and show he's a leader.

IF we sort it out at the back, Cleverley will improve our tempo, Barkley will be the number 10 and I still think he can be a superstar, Deulefeou will add pace and directness, Kone was a huge bonus today, Lukaku, Mirallas and McCarthy HAVE to play better... I honestly believe that can come good, but only, only if we stop leaking goals.

Watching the highlights. It's a great point that anytime a team ups the tempo we just cave in and gift them a goal. On the other hand, it certainly looks like we missed a fair few easy chances: the Lukaku and Koné headers spring to mind.

What really fucks me off is that these days we always seem to get a newly promoted team at the beginning of the season and we always fuck it up.

Woken up in a shit mood again, another match of the day/ goals on Sunday I can't watch. All to familiar to last season.

Only bonus I suppose is we didn't lose....... but Watford at home?

I'm hanging on to the hope we make at least 2 new signings this week. Put this performance to bed and move on.

I hope I'm not saying this sort of shit after every game.

We had the chances to win it. So I can take that positive from the game. Watford took their chances very well. Our shape confuses me when watching. We keep trying to play someone on the left the same way peanuts plays, we really really miss the player he was two years ago and how he allowed our left back to get forward.

Ooooohh imagine if Lukaku had been as consistently shite over a 2 year period as Kone and had only got two goals and one assist in that period, then you really could pat yourself on the back!

If kone had played over a 2 year period i would hold him more accountable.

He was made to feel as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit before he'd even kicked a ball for us. Had a couple of nervy games and then an injury spanning over 14 months.

In reality this is the first time we've seen him after a spell injury free and with a pre season.

If kone had played over a 2 year period i would hold him more accountable.

He was made to feel as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit before he'd even kicked a ball for us. Had a couple of nervy games and then an injury spanning over 14 months.

In reality this is the first time we've seen him after a spell injury free and with a pre season.

fart in a spacesuit :rofl:

Brilliant!

Agree with you but like I said somewhere else, let's not get too carried away with a 20 performance.

this fool plays super defensive and possession when the people we have on the team are full of attacking qualities.

i think its hilarious when martinez talks about wingers! he dont know wtf it is! such a slow build up talking about wingers! HA!

playing 2 wingers terrifies me. Well just play counter attack instead and become a boring defensive team (rather than a boring possession based team) and negate the threat of Baines and Coleman. Suicide playing 2 wingers, in my opinion.

playing 2 wingers terrifies me. Well just play counter attack instead and become a boring defensive team (rather than a boring possession based team) and negate the threat of Baines and Coleman. Suicide playing 2 wingers, in my opinion.

I'd just be happy with any sort of attacking play at this point :(.

Just two semi-quick points and im done:

Preface: I still support RM but by no means am i his biggest fan...

1) Like most i am unbelievably frustrated that Gareth Barry continues to be in the starting XI. Surely his contract says he must start and play 90 mins in every game he is fit. That is the only logical explanation i can come up with. I would get it if we were keeping clean sheets all the time and he was the rock in the midfield - but we arent and his isnt. With the addition of Cleverley sit McCarthy in the deeper role and be more dynamic going forward. Also taking out Galloway makes no sense. You have to chase the game - leave in the young legs and ability to get forward.

2) The human element of this team/league cannot be ignored. Losing baines hurts from a lb perspective tactically but it also affects the mindset of the entire team. Especially given it happened in the final training session before the match. No question Everton are fragile mentally - need a boost with new signings. Get lennon in this week.

Not sure why everyone is so annoyed with Barry, at least in this game. He played well.

I'm very, very quickly losing faith and patience in this "wolf in sheeps clothing".

I don't think it's with Barry the player (this season) but more so his role. 2 sitters. He had a decent match last games was anonymous second half for me, but he didn't make any massive mistakes.