IGNORED

Sunderland (home)

Matt

I know Norwich is first, but I was just thinking about how shit Sunderland where against the barcodes, so thought I'd kick of the thread for a change. This has to be the game to go full throttle.

Robles

Coleman Stones Mori Galloway

Barry

Geri Barkley TC Mirallas

Rom

TC and Ross can take turns dropping a bit deeper (preferably TC) if needed whilst the pace on the wings should be too much for Fat Sams team. This really should be a thumping, a big statement going into our "easier" games.

Carpe Jugulum!

I know Norwich is first, but I was just thinking about how shit Sunderland where against the barcodes, so thought I'd kick of the thread for a change. This has to be the game to go full throttle.

Robles

Barry

Geri Barkley TC Mirallas

Rom

TC and Ross can take turns dropping a bit deeper (preferably TC) if needed whilst the pace on the wings should be too much for Fat Sams team. This really should be a thumping, a big statement going into our "easier" games.

Carpe Jugulum!

Absolutely love the look of that line up.

Home games should always be us going for the jugular.

That could be a team that if it clicks, could destroy midtable and below teams.

Edited by Shukes

Robles

Barry

Geri Barkley TC Mirallas

Rom

Carpe Jugulum!

But Lukaku and Kone have been shown to play well together. I'd like to see them both on the field: Kone instead of Mirallas.

But Lukaku and Kone have been shown to play well together. I'd like to see them both on the field: Kone instead of Mirallas.

idea is to have both lightning fast players and players who can link up too. Kone instead of a winger would ruin the balance in my opinion, maybe instead of TC

Going to be a bit of a novelty for me this game, because I'm laying a wreath for Remembrance Sunday on the pitch before the game, so hopefully get to meet Roberto or a couple of the players!

Nice one. Hope you enjoy it, how did you get picked?

That aside. Bit early isn't it? Not Remembrance Sunday for another twelve days, why not do it at the Sunderland game?

Used to be "poppy week" for the week on the run up to the Sunday when I was a lad, now everyone on TV is wearing one a month in advance; it's like Christmas merchandise coming into the shops in September, pisses me off.[/old git annoyance]

That aside. Bit early isn't it? Not Remembrance Sunday for another twelve days, why not do it at the Sunderland game?

Used to be "poppy week" for the week on the run up to the Sunday when I was a lad, now everyone on TV is wearing one a month in advance; it's like Christmas merchandise coming into the shops in September, pisses me off.[/old git annoyance]

I think everyone knows I'm a mad blue so when the opportunity arose the skipper already had me in mind ( By the way this is the Sunderland thread!)

This is the Sunderland thread, Mike.

I think everyone knows I'm a mad blue so when the opportunity arose the skipper already had me in mind ( By the way this is the Sunderland thread!)

This is the Sunderland thread, Mike.

I knew that I was just checking everyone was paying attention :shaking fist:.

:blush:

Everton Football Club

We will be supporting a fans initiative to mark the passing of Howard Kendall with a period of chanting and applause in the fourth minute of Sundays game against Sunderland.

The Everton Giant was laid to rest on Thursday after an emotional funeral service in Liverpools Anglican Cathedral.

Fans suggested the mark of respect in the fourth minute, inspired by the number he wore as an Everton player in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

An image of Howard will appear on Goodison Parks big screens during the fourth minute of the game.

Robles

Barry

Geri Barkley TC Mirallas

Rom

Carpe Jugulum!

Back to Matt's thread-starter and his suggested lineup.

Interestingly, because the Norwich City match intervened and has led to a debate on the Capital One Cup thread about the importance of the Cup, we've not paid much attention to tomorrow's "must-win."

The early-season talk, somewhere, was that if the first ten matches didn't kill us, we could make hay in November and December. But anything other than 3 points tomorrow will constitute a truly dismal start to our journey to, say, 5th in the table on Boxing Day, right?

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/10/30/coleman-a-doubt-but-baines-training

So Coleman is not likely to be available. Will Roberto simply slot in Browning? Any chance -- whatsoever -- that he'd move Stones to RB, and either use Gibson at RCH or pair up two left-footers in central defense with Oviedo at LB? What about that experiment with Lennon at RB? Give that a go again? Any chance Oviedo starts at LB?

Nor is Roberto likely to abandon his 4-2-3-1 setup, which probably means one of Mirallas, Deulofeu, or Cleverley starts on the bench. For all I know, all 3 will be on the bench, with Barkley flanked by two of Lennon, Naismith, and Kone. Any chance Oviedo starts at LW?

Must win. So, assuming Howard and 2 DCMs, whom will Roberto start?

Team I would like to see if Coleman is fit

......................Howard..............

Coleman...Stones..Mori ..Galloway

......................Barry .................

Gerry.............McCarthy....Mirallas

......................Barkley ...........

......................Rom................

Team I think that Roberto will start:

.....................Howard.............

Browning..Stones..Mori ..Galloway

...............Barry...McCarthy.....

Lennon.........Barkley........Naismith

.....................Rom................

Always nice to beat any team managed by 'Big' Sam !

Play like we did against Norwich and we will be lucky to get a draw.

I see this as our first must win of the season, It's going to be a battle, Sunderland will not be as pretty as Norwich were to watch, but they wil be hard to beat for other reasons.

Our 'great' win against Chelsea isn't looking so great any more, seems any one can beat them !

Really is important today that we get a win, if Sam comes to Goodison today and out thinks Martinez, I'll be gutted.

I hope there isn't a cancellation for fog as my son and grandson phoned this morning on their way to the game from Nottingham.

Big Sam will have seen Howard's weaknesses and you can bet there will be plenty of crosses onto the edge of the six yard box with Fletcher putting himself about.