IGNORED

Can we keep the young stars together for 2016-2017?

Keith B

I would really love to see how our young stars, Romelu, Geri, Ross, and John Stones could do together with one more season of experience and one more season of playing with each other. Can we keep that core of players together for 2016-2017? Personally, I think we are VERY close to a top 4 squad.

Chelsea will probably come after Stones again, but with the mess they are in right now, why would Stonesy move? Will Barca call back Geri? The way Rom is playing, would someone like Man U come in with a huge offer? And wouldn't every EPL team want the best young English midfielder?

I think Gerry will stay one more year and then be called back, by then messi will have gone or Suarez faded or something and they'll need him.

Stones it's up to rm convincing him to stay but he might want to leave but could stay.

Lukaku will be hard that agent is a douche and Big clubs all over will want him.

Barkley is staying at least another year.

They all have contracts so yes they will stay but it's just about us not having to sell to buy. We need a couple more players and were there.

Pretty much what Mark said.

I think Stones and Rom will be off. Geri and Ross will be here for another year.

I'm hoping, like Keith, for us to be able to keep them together because I think an extra year building on their relationships and understandings, could be the foundations of a devastating young team.

Unless we pull some consistency out of our backsides soon then it's going to be another mid-table finish.

Unfortunatly true. Martinez will be to be blame. His indecisiveness is mind blowing, if he's not indecisive then he's just got no idea.

The team are playing well but he's running players into the ground when there are quality players available as subs.

I don't imagine any defender wants to see Lennon and Mirallas coming on with half hour left to go. Fortunately for them neither does Martinez.

I don't see why not! unless players force it which Stones and Lukaku most likely will! This squad is going to be very capable next season if it stays together.

For me we lack in central midfield. McCarthy & Barry aren't good enough for us to be pushing into the top four and winning the league. A lot of the others are.

Unfortunatly true. Martinez will be to be blame. His indecisiveness is mind blowing, if he's not indecisive then he's just got no idea.

The team are playing well but he's running players into the ground when there are quality players available as subs.

I don't imagine any defender wants to see Lennon and Mirallas coming on with half hour left to go. Fortunately for them neither does Martinez.

I agree, but what makes it even worse is that the longer these guys sit on the bench, game after game, the less effective they are going to be when they eventually get on.

I don't see why not! unless players force it which Stones and Lukaku most likely will.

Being a knob here, (referring to myself being pedantic) but it doesn't matter why they leave the question was will they and I think unless we get things together they will.

Edited by Deacs

I don't see why not! unless players force it which Stones and Lukaku most likely will! This squad is going to be very capable next season if it stays together.

For me we lack in central midfield. McCarthy & Barry aren't good enough for us to be pushing into the top four and winning the league. A lot of the others are.

With McCarthy form I'd sell him and get 15-20 million. Play cleverley there or Barkley.

At the minute were a goal keeper, centre mid and attacking mid short from being able to compete in the top 4.

Would love is to go for Xhaka, and get lucky with a play maker good enough to put pressure on Ross. Goal keeper wise Handanovic could be a possibility of we finish top 4. Keep the fab 4 together and we could do something special. Fail to get top 4 and we lose some big talent and the replacements become mid table players at twice the cost.

It's not just a matter of buying and selling. Whenever we bring someone in, it takes months for them to really get our new playing style. We can't just assume that any replacement players will just slot in: They won't.

didn't take gerry or mori anytime this year. they slotted right in. quality players don't need a ton of adjustment to play well.

It took Deulofeu quite a while. Remember when he was on loan.

i'm talking this year, when on loan he was 18 or 19 and never played first team anywhere really. we won't be buying a player like that in january to slot right into the first team.if we buy anyone for the first team they'll be a stud and be a starter and their quality should allow them to play well off the go. yarmolenko i would hope would show an impact immediately, 20m plus players do that.

i suspect in january it will be mirallas, naisy, mcgeady gone, one person in for the first team, other players if any will be youngsters (byram, etc). with RM not using the bench this makes sense, we'd still have osman cleverley lennon galloway jags robles on the bench. maybe that money we make could be put to use in the summer with the standard 20m kitty to land us the GK, RB youngster, Striker, and Creative mid we need.

Goalkeeper is the first priority IMO. You won't lose matches when the keeper makes saves. Howard had a great game yesterday but his inconsistency is his "consistency". And his arrogance (and age) doesn't do him any favors. Is Robles the man to replace him? No fuckin' idea because I never get to see him play.

The irony about this whole staying/leaving thing ultimately depends on the very players we are talking about - its in their hands (and RM's as well) - but if they play well, EFC gets Top 4 and they could stay. And then the opposite scenario of course is true.

I think the potential of this team right now is just absolutely mammoth - but right now its just potential and not reality. This team is a Ferrari with 700+ horsepower but ultimately is happy just doing the speed limit.