IGNORED

Manchester City (Away)

markjazzbassist

Good point. Solid defence. Played well. Howard was a proper keeper. Everything we've been wanting, yes? Should be no complaints tonight.

The whole back line was immense. Although Stones nearly screwed it up at the end...twice...other than that, he did well as RB, got forward well.

I think we see some real competition now between Mori, Jags and Stones...great for the team.

Pleased with tonight...not comfortable watching us with our backs to the wall but if that's what it takes....

Absolutely quality in the first half but dreadful in the second half in terms of attacking. Defending we were superb right until that Stones tackle at the end.

Can't understand the logic behind the subs though. Not with who went off but who came on. We were under constant pressure so it would've been the smart thing to bring pace on so we could counter or at least have some way out of our own penalty area. Instead we took pace off and brought on Pienaar and Kone who would get outstripped by passing butterflies. Odd to say the least.

Overall though, that's a very good point.

Absolutely quality in the first half but dreadful in the second half in terms of attacking. Defending we were superb right until that Stones tackle at the end.

Can't understand the logic behind the subs though. Not with who went off but who came on. We were under constant pressure so it would've been the smart thing to bring pace on so we could counter or at least have some way out of our own penalty area. Instead we took pace off and brought on Pienaar and Kone who would get outstripped by passing butterflies. Odd to say the least.

agreed romey. we had another unused sub, we might lead the league in unused subs at this point. surely mirallas and lennon would have offered more in attack and defense, but again i am left befuddled.

I think the Pienaar sub was smart. We needed someone to help us retain possession and slow the game down. Pienaar can do that and he did. I didn't understand the Kone sub. Would've rather seen Lennon come in and do the running/defensive work on the right.

We were under constant pressure so it would've been the smart thing to bring pace on so we could counter or at least have some way out of our own penalty area. Instead we took pace off and brought on Pienaar and Kone who would get outstripped by passing butterflies. Odd to say the least.

The lack of an outlet was painful. We spent most of the second half camped on the edge of our own box, with a 40 yard gap between Lukaku and everyone else. When we did have the ball we made it easy for City to win it back because we had no where to go with it, it reminded me of how we played away last season.

He can't get the balance right Martinez, can he? At home we're as open as an Amsterdam brothel, then second half tonight we go all Big Sam. After playing some delightful stuff first half apparently. We're a strange side. Strange and immensely frustrating.

I think the Pienaar sub was smart. We needed someone to help us retain possession and slow the game down. Pienaar can do that and he did. I didn't understand the Kone sub. Would've rather seen Lennon come in and do the running/defensive work on the right.

I could've totally understood bringing one of Pienaar and Kone on a long with Lennon or Mirallas. But what we got was plain stupid.

Driven, no doubt, by the number of games coming up - especially Chelsea in less than three days.

you are all fucking deluded!!! your throwing out your compliments about what a good defensive display it was but relied on the keeper and ultimately the ref for the draw. we looked like we parked the bus thats not what martinez is about. if we lose that game 1-0 with the pen you our shouting for RM to be sacked fucking grow up

you are all fucking deluded!!! your throwing out your compliments about what a good defensive display it was but relied on the keeper and ultimately the ref for the draw. we looked like we parked the bus thats not what martinez is about. if we lose that game 1-0 with the pen you our shouting for RM to be sacked fucking grow up

You mean something like, should he not have saved Toure's header, Howard would be blamed for our defense letting that happen in the first place?

There are very few people around here yelling for Martinez to be sacked every time we fail to win. I can't think of anyone who has been particularly over the top as of late. Maybe I'm missing something? I've been critical of his tactics. We've visibly tightened up defensively as of late though. Every team will let in goals. We're actually starting to work hard as a team in defense though. And, that's encouraging to watch. We started to fall apart all around the pitch a bit at the end of the game today, but we kept it 0-0. We saw organization and communication in defense today. Generally, we kept them from taking clear-cut chances. Sure, Howard is the reason we didn't lose. That's what keepers need to do sometimes, though. It's kind of their job.

No... you adjust according to the situation. We went toe to toe with a quality side... have a look at the last time they failed to score at home... city threw their men forward, what are we supposed to do? Not track back?

You reckon we'll shut them out if they dominate like that again? You cannot play for / accept a draw in football, if we're not proactive we'll get rolled.

We were proactive in the first half, we didn't play for the draw. We dominated them in the first half and our football was lovely to watch. City were much better in the second half and we were unable to do anything but defend. Yes we could've done more (the manager included in that) to get ourselves going again but we didn't just roll over and ask for our bellies to be tickled.

I'm one of Martinez biggest critics and I was happy with the draw. Top side away draw is quality. Clean sheet also quality. Injuries to Coleman McCarthy didn't hold us back. Bravo.

Memma no one would have been surprised had we lost. It's man city away. But when we lose to Bournemouth or villa or something that's when I get pissed. Man city away though? Doubt many neutrals would have pegged us to get a clean sheet and a point.

Guest rusty747

We are currently p21 w6 d10 l5 pts 28 and are 11th in the league.

If you look at just some of the draws that should have been wins and at least 2 of the defeats that should have been draws or wins we should really be something like:

P21 w10 d8 l3 pts 38 position 3rd.

Bloody frustrating!

Edited by rusty747