IGNORED

Manchester City (Away)

markjazzbassist

We are currently p21 w6 d10 l5 pts 28 and are 11th in the league.

If you look at just some of the draws that should have been wins and at least 2 of the defeats that should have been draws or wins we should really be something like:

P21 w10 d8 l3 pts 38 position 3rd.

Bloody frustrating!

and only 8 points of 4th with 17 games / 51 points left to play for.

Traditionally, including last seasons shit performances, we tend to do well from Feb onward. At least this season we've been really exciting again.

and only 8 points of 4th with 17 games / 51 points left to play for.

Traditionally, including last seasons shit performances, we tend to do well from Feb onward. At least this season we've been really exciting again.

I think it's pretty much guaranteed we're finishing outside the top 7

This is the best squad Everton have had for years.

If we stop leaking goals in the league ( Jags back should help and Baines settling in again) we should climb surely and we are still in two cups, to be honest if we can get one over on City in the cup we can beat liverpool.Then with some luck the FA cup could see a run.

This could still be a really good season.

Would Martinez get another crack if we don't win a cup and finish 11th or below.

Guest rusty747

I think the point I am trying to make is that no matter how high we finish in the league we should finish higher due to too many silly dropped points already. Finish fifth and we should have secured a Champions League finish, finish fourth and we should have avoided the qualifying stages of the Champions League. Finish first and I'll happily eat my words and do cartwheels, naked, across Goodison Park.

Edited by rusty747

I think the point I am trying to make is that no matter how high we finish in the league we should finish higher due to too many silly dropped points already. Finish fifth and we should have secured a Champions League finish, finish fourth and we should have avoided the qualifying stages of the Champions League. Finish first and I'll happily eat my words and do cartwheels, naked, across Goodison Park.

Everton have announced that EFC branded blindfolds will be made available in the club shop should this happen .

And all fans will say exactly the same about their own team!!! All teams drop points throughout the season. At the moment, we have dropped more than we should have....but we have also gained points when we maybe shouldn't have.

Summise it all at the end of the season.

can I have the lottery numbers then? I'm sure Liverpool with their 9 point lead and 7(?) games remaining thought they knew the future too.

Far too early to be settling for that

I'm pretty certain we will finish between 8th & 12th. Lottery numbers will be sent in a postcard

Guest rusty747

I think we have dropped too many points already to realistically expect to challenge for Europe. I would love to be wrong but we will need an average of 2 points per remaining game to get to 62 points - which would still only get 7th or 8th. Can't see it happening.

I think we have dropped too many points already to realistically expect to challenge for Europe. I would love to be wrong but we will need an average of 2 points per remaining game to get to 62 points - which would still only get 7th or 8th. Can't see it happening.

Sixty-one points got us Champions League in 04/05. Strange season this one, as was that one, teams dropping points where you wouldn't expect them to. We got fourth by default really, kept trying to chuck it away but nobody took advantage.

Top is very clogged up, Europe might need fewer points than you think.

Sixty-one points got us Champions League in 04/05. Strange season this one, as was that one, teams dropping points where you wouldn't expect them to. We got fourth by default really, kept trying to chuck it away but nobody took advantage.

Top is very clogged up, Europe might need fewer points than you think.

Would be nice if we took control of things by winning games consistently.

If we continue performing like we have done the last couple of weeks that must surely happen.

No... you adjust according to the situation. We went toe to toe with a quality side... have a look at the last time they failed to score at home... city threw their men forward, what are we supposed to do? Not track back?

Knobhead the reason city failed to score at home was the ref didn't give them a blatant penalty

All the claims of we may do better in the coming games and IF we turned draws into wins we get champion league but the main point is our performances have in the last 10 games or so have not been good enough. 6 wins out of 21 against the teams we have played is disgusting. I am bored of Martinez unorganised tactics and banal team talks.

Knobhead the reason city failed to score at home was the ref didn't give them a blatant penalty

Only a nobhead spells nobhead as "knobhead".

P.s, it may also be worth throwing in a comma where appropriate - if you insist on throwing out insults.

Edited by Hafnia

Only a nobhead spells nobhead as "knobhead".

P.s, it may also be worth throwing in a comma where appropriate - if you insist on throwing out insults.

Its definitely knobhead though.

With postscript, its P.S. or PS is also acceptable, P.s, is just ridiculous.

P.S. What is that hyphen doing?

:rofl:

Its definitely knobhead though.

With postscript, its P.S. or PS is also acceptable, P.s, is just ridiculous.

P.S. What is that hyphen doing?

:rofl:

You mean the 'dash'? (hyphen is used to link two words i.e air-conditioned, co-ordination). A 'dash' is used to break out a sentence the same way a comma is used - it just that using "-" is a more emphatic way of linking in the second part of the sentance, the comma is less emphatic.

See what I did there?

That aside I don't take too kindly to the tone of his posts - there is a way of getting a point across without behaving in that way. Its a pretty friendly forum - difference in opinion is fine, insults aren't.

Edited by Hafnia