IGNORED

Jagielka

We won't consider it and he wouldn't go anyway, in my opinion.

I'll be honest... We probably won't consider it because our windows shut but I'm pretty certain if they come back in the summer with a wedge for both parties it will be done.

As I say I think anything over £15m and we'd be extremely dumb not sell!

I'll be honest... We probably won't consider it because our windows shut but I'm pretty certain if they come back in the summer with a wedge for both parties it will be done.

As I say I think anything over £15m and we'd be extremely dumb not sell!

All the logic on paper completely agrees with you, my head does too. But selling our captain for some quick cash doesn't send the best message to prospective signings and would have a massive knock on the squads morale.

I could be wrong, but I don't take Jagielka for the type to leave us for a payday yet. I think he still has a few good years left him and wants to spend those playing at the highest level.

i'm not taking him for a payday guy i'm saying if there is a bid we should accept because it's smart business to sell an old defender for a nice profit so re-invest. in 2 years time he will retire with no return, i would rather take the 15m and any smart sporting director would as well.

i'm not taking him for a payday guy i'm saying if there is a bid we should accept because it's smart business to sell an old defender for a nice profit so re-invest. in 2 years time he will retire with no return, i would rather take the 15m and any smart sporting director would as well.

We can't force him to leave if he is under contract....

really? ask rooney and rodwell.

Both wanted to leave after a bid had been accepted by the club. You do realize that we literally can't force a player to leave, right? The club has to agree to a fee but then the player has to agree to terms with the bidding club for a deal to happen.

I don't think the money we would make would that he that great Un today's market.

Would rather him rub down his contract and us support him in his next step. Been a good servant for us.

Really don't want to see us turn into one of those clubs that can only see profit.

Edited by Shukes

Both wanted to leave after a bid had been accepted by the club. You do realize that we literally can't force a player to leave, right? The club has to agree to a fee but then the player has to agree to terms with the bidding club for a deal to happen.

yes and i'm sure if we did the same thing as spurs with lennon and townsend and said Phil theres no room in the squad for you anymore we've accepted a bid, happy trails or you can play with the U-21 he will be happy to learn chinese.

its business, we have enough feel good stories, let's be a little more ruthless and smarter in transfers. Ossie and hibbert prime examples and yet we throw money at them and keep them cause "we owe them for being a good servant". i wish we didn't take that approach.

Tell that to Adam Johnson :P

yes and i'm sure if we did the same thing as spurs with lennon and townsend and said Phil theres no room in the squad for you anymore we've accepted a bid, happy trails or you can play with the U-21 he will be happy to learn chinese.

its business, we have enough feel good stories, let's be a little more ruthless and smarter in transfers. Ossie and hibbert prime examples and yet we throw money at them and keep them cause "we owe them for being a good servant". i wish we didn't take that approach.

Zero chance we do that to the club captain who is still playing quite well and we have minimal depth at Centerhalf.

On Adam Johnson: He was released from his contract... rightly so.

• 1 year later...

Ossie and hibbert prime examples and yet we throw money at them and keep them cause "we owe them for being a good servant". i wish we didn't take that approach.

I think it's best to let him run out his contract. He's still pretty useful and can help us in his final year and leave with dignity.