• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

The number of tackles that Barry and Gana are credited with this season would suggest we are

depending on where those tackles are made I guess. Winning the ball in our defensive 3rd line would say we're absorbing the pressure rather than pressing and harassing.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-boss-ronald-koeman-knows-12038095

Other than the first half against Spurs have we really pressed?

In my opinion....No!

Even the games we have won, we have struggled up until we scored a goal.

Watching us at times last year, we had 15 to 20 chances a match but failed to score. At times we looked like we could demolish teams.

This year we are more solid defensively, but don't seem as potent in attack.

But we need to give it time. If we get one issue sorted each week it won't be long until we really do some damage to someone.

I've been a big critic of his but he needs 2 seasons and proper backing before we can really judge him

agreed and compared to last year we are pressing. no more jockeying off the man, we have players actively going for the ball (wingers included!!!). could it be ratcheted up a notch? yes, and i'm sure he is working towards that, but remember, we're not even halfway through his first season, the full plan won't be see till next year or later.

agreed and compared to last year we are pressing. no more jockeying off the man, we have players actively going for the ball (wingers included!!!). could it be ratcheted up a notch? yes, and i'm sure he is working towards that, but remember, we're not even halfway through his first season, the full plan won't be see till next year or later.

by belly is pushing my belt more than we did the last 2 seasons, it's not saying much :P

And yeah, it's a change in mindset and fitness. Robertos downfall (I'm still convinced) was that he tried to change too much too quick after his first season. I think Koeman recognises the time it takes and, most importantly, he's got a board who will give him the time too

by belly is pushing my belt more than we did the last 2 seasons, it's not saying much :P

And yeah, it's a change in mindset and fitness. Robertos downfall (I'm still convinced) was that he tried to change too much too quick after his first season. I think Koeman recognises the time it takes and, most importantly, he's got a board who will give him the time too

yep it's gradual :)

The number of tackles that Barry and Gana are credited with this season would suggest we are

When I think of pressing I think of what Spurs and the shite do. We stand off and one or two players will attempt to press, but it's by no means a team thing so it doesn't actually gave that much of an effect.

It's better than under Martinez, don't get me wrong, but I really wouldn't say we are a pressing side.

He needs the players to implement it. I think by the start of next season is where we should be judging him after another two windows. I rate him highly. I think he was let down majorly this window

Sounds a proper time frame for him to stamp his mark on our club.

Next year will be very interesting....starting to sound like wolves haha.

right there with you man. i swim on every lunch during the week and generally eat pretty healthy, i just can't shed any weight sadly. 32 years old so i guess my metabolism is just done.

lift heavy weights to shift fat mate. When I say lift heavy weights - just do squats, deadlifts, chest press, seated rows (back), shoulder press.... don't bother doing bicep curls, calf raises, leg curls - waste of time. The 5 listed will take care of every muscle in your body and get your metabolism sky high. Swimming is a great cardio exercise but is gives me the most ridiculous appetite.

For my wedding I cut out beer for a month, lifted heavy 5 times a week and did some jogs - worked at it for 8 weeks. Kept carbs to complex ones and limited them after 6pm..... took on board stacks of protein.

My weight went from 17st 10 down to 15st 10. Waist went from 38 down to 35, neck went from 17 inches to 18 inches, chest from 44 to 46. That was at the age of 36.

starting on it again.... don't wanna be a fat dad!

Edited by Hafnia

Yeah the only thing is I don't want to turn into a beefcake meathead buff type. The weights I'll be walking around looking like I'm carrying logs under my arms.

I've stopped drinking and cut some carbs but still nothing. I think I just need to eat smaller portions and exercise more.

As long as you aren't hammering the calories you wont. To grow like the way the meatheads do you need to take illegal things.

Before I knew all about protein etc I hammered the gym as a 20 year old, just eating a balanced diet - I just ripped up. when I started on creatine and drinking protein shakes I went from 12 stone to 14.5 stone, still lean but more muscular.

As long as you aren't hammering the calories you wont. To grow like the way the meatheads do you need to take illegal things.

Before I knew all about protein etc I hammered the gym as a 20 year old, just eating a balanced diet - I just ripped up. when I started on creatine and drinking protein shakes I went from 12 stone to 14.5 stone, still lean but more muscular.

yeah maybe i should incorporate the weights into it then, thanks for the tips Haf!

We do seem to struggle against teams that 'park the bus'. Looking at the BBC 'live text' on the game, the most common post was (Everton player)....shot from the centre of the penalty area was blocked. Obviously a packed penalty area. The problem is that we don't have anyone who can beat tall defenders in the air and score a header, which is why so many crosses are low and result in any attempt on goal being 'blocked'.