• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I cant beleive people are questioning Keoman already, give him a chance, FFS this is pretty much still the squad he inherited from Martinez

spot on, and I've been one of his biggest critics but until he's had a full season (and another TW) there is no point judging him.

No its a superb squad that's why weve been bottom half of the table for the past 2 seasons

Not really a valid argument. Where did Chelsea finish last season with the squad they won the league with the season before? We didn't finish 11th for the past 2 seasons because of the quality of out squad, or do you think we did?

We have a good squad and shouldn't be finishing anywhere near 11th. The squad is more than capable of battling it out for European football.

Edited by AidanLewis

Big statement Aidan hope your right mate but can't see it based on your Chelsea comparison they are flying this season pretty much with the team of last couple of seasons would you agree that's due to the manager if so does that mean Koeman isn't a good manager based on your believe that we have a good squad and we don't seem to be much better than last year ok we're seventh due to a flying start but since the Norwich game we have looked as bad as last year so does this mean the manager is not doing the business if he has been given a good squad to work with

Big statement Aidan hope your right mate but can't see it based on your Chelsea comparison they are flying this season pretty much with the team of last couple of seasons would you agree that's due to the manager if so does that mean Koeman isn't a good manager based on your believe that we have a good squad and we don't seem to be much better than last year ok we're seventh due to a flying start but since the Norwich game we have looked as bad as last year so does this mean the manager is not doing the business if he has been given a good squad to work with

Baines (when fit) - in the top 5 left backs in the league

Coleman - top 5 best RB in the league

Williams and Jagielka both in the top 10 centre half's in the league.

Gana - 2nd best ball winner in the league

Lukaku - top 3rd or 4th striker in the league

We have a great foundation of players and SHOULD BE challenging for Europe.

No way should we expect to be around 10th.

Edited by AidanLewis

Not really a valid argument. Where did Chelsea finish last season with the squad they won the league with the season before? We didn't finish 11th for the past 2 seasons because of the quality of out squad, or do you think we did?

We have a good squad and shouldn't be finishing anywhere near 11th. The squad is more than capable of battling it out for European football.

We will have to agree to disagree because I honestly don't think that the squad is anywhere near good enough to challenge for Europe

We will have to agree to disagree because I honestly don't think that the squad is anywhere near good enough to challenge for Europe

Just look at the squad Fergie won his last title with. Look at the squad that Leicester won the league with, look at Chelseas failure last season.

Our squad is, player for player, better than Southampton and West Ham, we shouldn't be finishing behind them.

We need a good manager more than anything and I guess the jury is still out on that one.

Just look at the squad Fergie won his last title with. Look at the squad that Leicester won the league with, look at Chelseas failure last season.

Our squad is, player for player, better than Southampton and West Ham, we shouldn't be finishing behind them.

We need a good manager more than anything and I guess the jury is still out on that one.

We obviously see it differently, who in our side do you think walks into Southampton's team, Lukaku , Gana , but who else?

Leicester were a one off and Fergie was one of the best managers of all time

Koeman has had 11 games, he said when he arrived that he would assess the squad and give the players a chance to prove themselves.

We are miles apart in our opinions, you think we have the right squad and wrong manager. I think we need a massive overhaul because the squad is that poor and that we may just have a very good manager on our hands

For me , yes he still has to prove himself but he needs more than 11 games to do so

We obviously see it differently, who in our side do you think walks into Southampton's team, Lukaku , Gana , but who else?

Leicester were a one off and Fergie was one of the best managers of all time

Koeman has had 11 games, he said when he arrived that he would assess the squad and give the players a chance to prove themselves.

We are miles apart in our opinions, you think we have the right squad and wrong manager. I think we need a massive overhaul because the squad is that poor and that we may just have a very good manager on our hands

For me , yes he still has to prove himself but he needs more than 11 games to do so

I never said I thought we had the wrong manager, I said our squad should be expected to push for European football, if you look at the teams that finished been 6-10, player by player were better than stoke, Southampton and WHU, IMO. We needed to finish higher.

I'm undecided on Koeman yet, it wouldnt be fair to judge anyone after 10 or so games.

I never said I thought we had the wrong manager, I said our squad should be expected to push for European football, if you look at the teams that finished been 6-10, player by player were better than stoke, Southampton and WHU, IMO. We needed to finish higher.

I'm undecided on Koeman yet, it wouldnt be fair to judge anyone after 10 or so games.

Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick , I thought you were inferring that Koeman was to blame

I still don't think many of our players would get in to the 3 sides you just mentioned though

Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick , I thought you were inferring that Koeman was to blame

I still don't think many of our players would get in to the 3 sides you just mentioned though

That's alright, I do kind of like Koeman. But I don't trust managers so easy after Bobby. He broke my heart.

Hafnia I agree there's something about Koeman that I don't get I know that I've criticised him quite a lot in the last 5 or 6 weeks but putting aside the argument of whether the squads good enough or not which obviously it isn't but he still has handful of decent players to make a show of it but for me he makes some bizarre selections and the one thing that really does it for me is his total lack passion on the side line when we're being mauled he sits there dispassionately saying nothing shouting no tactics giving no bollockings I heard that he felt that this job wasn't big enough for him it was reported that he had said that when he leaves the Saints he wanted one of Europe's big clubs I.e Barcelona I don't really know how true that is possible just paper talk what ever but this job is going to prove to big for him mark my words and for those who say he's inherited a poor squad how many do you think he needs to bring in cause we ain't got 130M to Chuck at it for 4-5 players

Ferguson was a very passionate and animated manager always up and down when he needed to be heard, he could take it easy a lot of the time because they were normally doing the business for him but if it wasn't going well he wouldn't just sit there and except it he would barking orders Koeman needs to be more vocal during game time especially when we're struggling

I'm with Mark, Fergie was hardly ever up on the side lines. He'd tell his assistant to pass on messages.

Standing on the sidelines screaming and shouting doesn't make you more passionate. Just makes you louder, which doesn't necessarily mean it makes a difference.

I guess now days you have to act like Conte or Klopp to be a success.

Being vocal from the touchline doesn't guarantee your players will play better. You've had them stood next to you all week in training, if they don't know what to do by the time the game starts it's probably too late.

Edited by StevO

‘I think he can emulate Patrick Kluivert, who also rose to prominence at a young age and enjoyed a fantastic career,’ Koeman told Dutch newspaper HLN.

‘He eventually played for Barcelona and I can see Lukaku doing the same. Everton should normally not be the end for him.

‘Romelu will not have made the most of his career if he plays for Everton for the remainder of his career.

‘He has the potential to play for a bigger club than Everton, but nobody knows what will happen after this season.’

Is he for real???

I think he can emulate Patrick Kluivert, who also rose to prominence at a young age and enjoyed a fantastic career, Koeman told Dutch newspaper HLN.

He eventually played for Barcelona and I can see Lukaku doing the same. Everton should normally not be the end for him.

Romelu will not have made the most of his career if he plays for Everton for the remainder of his career.

He has the potential to play for a bigger club than Everton, but nobody knows what will happen after this season.

Is he for real???

I just saw that... I get where he is coming from, but you can't say that. What message does that send to the rest of the squad?

I just saw that... I get where he is coming from, but you can't say that. What message does that send to the rest of the squad?

not only that - how is he expecting to sign players that will improve us if he is stating that we are essentially a club that isn't big enough?

I am really unhappy about this - absolutely disgusting. We have spent a fortune in getting him in as a manager and he has the audacity to talk current players into playing for bigger clubs? - he needs to focus on making us a team that can attract big players....

If he can't then do the honourable thing Mr Koeman and resign - after all you are being paid handsomely for this.

I was a bit irritated by the fact that he delayed his announcement of joining Everton - it seemed that he wasn't too keen.

I was wondering when Koemans bluntness would become a problem for some others

Blunt is fine when dealing in the best interests of Everton Football Club - after all he has big decisions and big responsibilities - and he is paid big money to do this.

When he is essentially talking up a player to go elsewhere and that if he only plays for us it will mean he's been a failure is a complete and utter disgrace.

I have criticised Rom for talking up other clubs whilst playing for us - a manager doing it is worse.

He will surely face the wrath of the crowd unless he addresses this correctly. He has been employed to make us a "BIGGER CLUB"..... essentially he is telling someone to leave to reach their aspirations. He can pack his bags now for me.

Blunt is fine when dealing in the best interests of Everton Football Club - after all he has big decisions and big responsibilities - and he is paid big money to do this.

When he is essentially talking up a player to go elsewhere and that if he only plays for us it will mean he's been a failure is a complete and utter disgrace.

I have criticised Rom for talking up other clubs whilst playing for us - a manager doing it is worse.

He will surely face the wrath of the crowd unless he addresses this correctly. He has been employed to make us a "BIGGER CLUB"..... essentially he is telling someone to leave to reach their aspirations. He can pack his bags now for me.

And as it stands, we're not there yet, so his statements (and I agree are inappropriate) are accurate. Brutal honesty whether we like it or not, but he shouldn't be making them.

Just playing devils advocate a bit here, I share the same anger as you.

And as it stands, we're not there yet, so his statements (and I agree are inappropriate) are accurate. Brutal honesty whether we like it or not, but he shouldn't be making them.

Just playing devils advocate a bit here, I share the same anger as you.

how does he expect the players to fully invest themselves into the club if he isn't?

seems like another one of the modern sort who see clubs as stepping stones to more money and personal accomplishments rather than being a part of a grand clubs history.