• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I'm sure Koeman will rub me up the wrong way with the way he is at some point, but I would much rather have a manager be direct like he is than what came before. His job is to get the best out of what he has, not to make friends, and I think his way is the better way of doing that. It won't be perfect but I think it'll be effective.

I much prefer straight-talkers to fence-sitters in my own life, even if sometimes it causes friction.

People work better for people who treat them well, having a positive relationship by being cordial and friendly will only improve things. Coming out and making clear statements as he has done may well be refreshing, but it's also going to be a little "rule by fear". Again, it has it's pro's and con's and we'll see what happens. My point is that you can be a straight talker and still be polite, or at the very least tactical in what you say.

People work better for people who treat them well, having a positive relationship by being cordial and friendly will only improve things. Coming out and making clear statements as he has done may well be refreshing, but it's also going to be a little "rule by fear". Again, it has it's pro's and con's and we'll see what happens. My point is that you can be a straight talker and still be polite, or at the very least tactical in what you say.

200.gif

But what was impolite about letting a player know they have no future at the club? Would it have been better to lie to the man and then it be a bit of a shock to him when we threw him out on his ear?

As far as I can see he's not been impolite towards anyone so far.

But what was impolite about letting a player know they have no future at the club? Would it have been better to lie to the man and then it be a bit of a shock to him when we threw him out on his ear?

i'm with you romey. and notice how Oumar is in no rush to leave, just enjoying those checks coming in every friday. if the window closes and he's not gone we will know the character of the man.

Koeman has seen him in the training camp, in matches and does not like what he sees. He has not given him a squad number - what is the point if he will not trust him to play?

Ron has eluded to the likes of McGeady as being pretty much out the picture and to be perfectly honest its about time the club was run like a professional outfit - not a cash hand out for players who are happy to pick up a wage and do nothing.

Ron was straight and polite.

Its not like he's been classless like Brendan Rodgers in his disrespectful comments about schweinsteiger. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rodgers-celtic-schweinsteiger-manchester-united-8681366

Edited by Hafnia

weve been over this!

Koeman has seen him in the training camp, in matches and does not like what he sees. He has not given him a squad number - what is the point if he will not trust him to play?

Ron has eluded to the likes of McGeady as being pretty much out the picture and to be perfectly honest its about time the club was run like a professional outfit - not a cash hand out for players who are happy to pick up a wage and do nothing.

Ron was straight and polite.

Its not like he's been classless like Brendan Rodgers in his disrespectful comments about schweinsteiger. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rodgers-celtic-schweinsteiger-manchester-united-8681366

spot on haf. RK is class.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-leighton-baines-lifts-lid-11805332

In being so positive about Koeman it's pretty damning of Martinez.

Many of the players comments at the end of the season when Martinez was sacked suggested that he had not been too popular and had effectively or metaphorically 'lost the dressing room'.

That was fairly clear to most observers for the latter part of the season though, with his treatment of Mirallas and then Baines both taking their toll on morale.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-leighton-baines-lifts-lid-11805332

In being so positive about Koeman it's pretty damning of Martinez.

I thought the exact same thing. It seemed like for everything he mentioned how they used to do it in shambles and now how they do it the proper and professional way.

Also the cliques that formed under Martinez, RK seems aware of how teams can do that and the assignment of groups has solved that. Baines in a roundabout way kinda says that.

Can't remember where I read it now, but he got a big gold star in my eyes for openly pointing out the inconsistency of the new rules for grappling in the box. Did it in such a way that it showed understanding for Stoke (who we're lucky to get theres against City in my opinion) and used the Spurs Vs Liverpool game where the ref was just warning players.

I wonder if the FA will have picked up on it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Untitled.png

Koeman's Southampton were very patchy last year, especially leading into November/Decemeber. Take out the 4-0 Arsenal win and you're seeing a 6 game undefeated run, followed by a 7 game winless run, followed by another 6 game undefeated run. With a tough run of fixtures in December - Man United (H), Watford (A), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (H), Leicester (A), Hull (A) - I'd be very weary that we don't drop too many points in November leading into that run: Chelsea away and Southampton away are the two that standout as potential 'momentum stoppers'.

Edited by brisbaneblue