• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

On 06/11/2016 at 14:00, Palfy said:

This season is turning out to be another false dawn Koeman has come here on the biggest contract any manager has had at this club but what has he really achieved as a manager to warrant all the hype surrounding him.

He has come here probably with we must assume with certain guarantees of how much money would be at his disposal my concern is I'm really worried he will waste it I don't think he is any where near the finished article some of his decisions on team selection and management skills scare me.

The board need to be careful with this guy don't let him break the bank then walk away and leave us in the shite

Nearly everyone was against me and my views Koeman, I don’t think I was far off when I posted that, just took most another year to realise it😉

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Nearly everyone was against me and my views Koeman, I don’t think I was far off when I posted that, just took most another year to realise it😉

We may not always agree, but I was with you on this one. Not only did he fail terribly, but just look at how much, and on whom, he spent:

Sigurdsson: 54m
Bolasie: 32m
Klaassen: 30m
Schneiderlin: 25m

11 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

We may not always agree, but I was with you on this one. Not only did he fail terribly, but just look at how much, and on whom, he spent:

Mate it would be boring if we always agreed, I’m happy to agree with you as well as disagree with you 👍

21 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

To be fair, that was Walsh with Moshiris blessing. I doubt he had much say. 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

To be fair, that was Walsh with Moshiris blessing. I doubt he had much say. 

Koeman would have pushed the schneiderland deal though. I remember when we signed him I was stoked we didn’t get Axel Witsel in the summer. Mental, absolutely mental.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Koeman would have pushed the schneiderland deal though. I remember when we signed him I was stoked we didn’t get Axel Witsel in the summer. Mental, absolutely mental.

Schneiderlin wasn't bad when we signed him. He was proper midfielder at Southampton and was very competent at United. Sigurdsson was a star player at Swansea. Klaassen was a leader at Ajax. Sure, none of them justify the price we paid, but still they looked like promising signings. Is it our luck, but most of our signings bar two or three since Moshiri came on board never worked out with us? It feels like a curse, really.

On 25/09/2021 at 12:46, Btay said:

To be fair he was an absolute gun for that first half a season with us. I rated him as one of our best players during that time. He just decided to go on vacation after that point 😐

You can buy the best players in the world, but if you give them to a poor manager who doesn’t know how to play them in a team it’s immaterial really. Just buying names without a plan is what we have been good at for the last 5 years, hopefully in Rafa we now have a manager who buys players to fit into a system so they have a better chance of succeeding, something Koeman and some of his predecessors didn’t have a clue about. 

10 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Barcelona are struggling so much with finances right now that they may not be able to afford to both pay him off and hire a new manager. 

There's an article on the BBC explaining the shitshow going on over there, and confirms what you're saying. Basically Koeman has a ridiculous contract that Barca can't afford to pay off, let alone payout another manager. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58643421

Also, has anyone looked at Reals group? Sherrif on top ahead of Real and Inter :rofl:their fans must be on cloud9

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

There's an article on the BBC explaining the shitshow going on over there, and confirms what you're saying. Basically Koeman has a ridiculous contract that Barca can't afford to pay off, let alone payout another manager. 

Which begs the question, why give him such a stupid contract? It was blatantly obvious they were hiring a stop gap, someone to take all the flak, and that they wouldn't be around for long.

Lessons definitely haven't been learnt there. 

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Which begs the question, why give him such a stupid contract? It was blatantly obvious they were hiring a stop gap, someone to take all the flak, and that they wouldn't be around for long.

Makes it all the more satisfying to watch to be honest. His dream job turning out to be a nightmare :lol:

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He was hired by Bartomeu, who is responsible for the wages being 103% of the club's revenue. 

It's Laporta that is now trying to put the pieces back together, so lessons have been learnt in the sense that they've changed President for someone who doesn't seem to (yet) be quite as much of a whopper.

I still think Koeman will go too, there's a board meeting today to discuss his future, and they'll likely sack him with the funds gained from their Abu Dhabi investment.

On 30/09/2021 at 09:40, Romey 1878 said:

Might as well have hired Allardyce.

• 3 weeks later...