• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

6 hours ago, hafnia said:

all part of the severance process.  Ronald's agent will have done that.... there is not one "but ok" to be seen. 

walks away with a tidy £9m in his pocket plus pay-outs for his brother....

Oh fuck off will ya. You are the the most cynical person I don't know.

He's stated it end of... Let it lie will ya.

Fucksake, if it's not rom it's Koeman. Who's next on your agenda?

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

No way to find that out I'm afraid c.

I voted Koeman and was absolutely delighted when we got him.

Nobody knew it would turn out this way.

Live and learn and we all move on.

9 minutes ago, yamar said:

Oh fuck off will ya. You are the the most cynical person I don't know.

He's stated it end of... Let it lie will ya.

Fucksake, if it's not rom it's Koeman. Who's next on your agenda?

You fuck off.  My agenda is Everton football club.... you wanna get all  sentimental over a manager who never really gave a shit about us then fair enough...  whilst you are at it Rom never gave a shit about us. Which is why I dislike both.... 

If koeman wanted to say "I feel this is unfair and I'm pissed off that we never got giroud"  - he wouldn't have got his severence. 

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You fuck off.  My agenda is Everton football club.... you wanna get all  sentimental over a manager who never really gave a shit about us then fair enough...  whilst you are at it Rom never gave a shit about us. Which is why I dislike both.... 

If koeman wanted to say "I feel this is unfair and I'm pissed off that we never got giroud"  - he wouldn't have got his severence. 

You just want to be loved haf

Just now, hafnia said:

Thought you were having a 24 hour sulk?

Aren't we close to 24 hours?

Seriously though, as much as I want the players to love the club like I do, I don't care if they do if they're banging in goals at the rate of Lukaku. 

Some players instantly love Everton as a special club, others develop it over time, others never do. Most of our players don't grow up supporting Everton, so I don't expect every player to love the club like they grew up a Blue - For better or worse, we don't operate like Athletic Bilbao.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

I’d stand by he seemed the best realistic candidate at the time and did well up to the shambles of this summer moving into the new season... hindsight eh?!

Yep. I think he was the best of a realistic bunch back then. His work at Soton certainly made me think he could cement our place up the top end if the league. Wasn't too sure if he could take us further.

I don't know if he got a bit cocksure once he got this job but something went a bit wayward.

After yesterday's excitement...good luck to the bloke. He won't be without a job too long, but he may need to do a bit of self reflecting.

53 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Seriously though, as much as I want the players to love the club like I do, I don't care if they do if they're banging in goals at the rate of Lukaku. 

Some players instantly love Everton as a special club, others develop it over time, others never do. Most of our players don't grow up supporting Everton, so I don't expect every player to love the club like they grew up a Blue - For better or worse, we don't operate like Athletic Bilbao.

I expect at the very least that a player or manager talks about his employers with a degree of reverence....  koeman referred to "us" as Everton far too many times..... it was around the time he was talking about managing barcelona.

Lukaku was disrespectful more times than I care to mention. I got beyond a joke. 

53 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I expect at the very least that a player or manager talks about his employers with a degree of reverence....  koeman referred to "us" as Everton far too many times..... it was around the time he was talking about managing barcelona.

Lukaku was disrespectful more times than I care to mention. I got beyond a joke. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Do you pass any blame on to reporters?

Players and managers get asked such stupid questions.

5 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Do you pass any blame on to reporters?

Players and managers get asked such stupid questions.

No.  Footballers and managers are well trained in dealing with questions. 

Lukaku and koeman knew what they were doing. Lukaku especially. 

Look at how Harry Kane is dealing with it.  The press have been trying to sell him to Man United, Real madrid and he bats it away in style. 

37 minutes ago, hafnia said:

No.  Footballers and managers are well trained in dealing with questions. 

Lukaku and koeman knew what they were doing. Lukaku especially. 

Look at how Harry Kane is dealing with it.  The press have been trying to sell him to Man United, Real madrid and he bats it away in style. 

Fair enough, but Harry Kane can actually achieve silverware at Spurs.

This club isn't coming close to the league title unless we double or triple are non-tv revenue

2 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Fair enough, but Harry Kane can actually achieve silverware at Spurs.

This club isn't coming close to the league title unless we double or triple are non-tv revenue

Spurs had sold Kyle walker, had Danny rose question the club's board..... and ultimately real Madrid are seriously interested..... he would probably treble his wages- win champions league etc.

He has still kept very quiet. 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

It's a bit different, since Kane has been a regular for Spurs they have finished 5th, 3rd and 2nd. Kane has played in Europe in some form for all those years.

Rom was here with us through a 5th and 7th place, and 2 11th place finishes with 1 Europa season in his first year only. If Spurs went to finish 11th this season and next I doubt he would remain there, but you never know.

Koeman seems to have gone the way of everything Dutch in football at the moment, sticking to old ways for too long and failing to maintain pace in all aspects with the competition. I would really like someone like Tuchel in for the long term but Unsworth as caretaker can hopefully give the lads some much needed confidence.

7 hours ago, Sparks FC said:

It's a bit different, since Kane has been a regular for Spurs they have finished 5th, 3rd and 2nd. Kane has played in Europe in some form for all those years.

Rom was here with us through a 5th and 7th place, and 2 11th place finishes with 1 Europa season in his first year only. If Spurs went to finish 11th this season and next I doubt he would remain there, but you never know.

Koeman seems to have gone the way of everything Dutch in football at the moment, sticking to old ways for too long and failing to maintain pace in all aspects with the competition. I would really like someone like Tuchel in for the long term but Unsworth as caretaker can hopefully give the lads some much needed confidence.

Lukaku was talking about leaving when top 4 was in out own hands.... he was talking about leaving heading into an fa cup semi final..... doesn't wash. 

On 10/24/2017 at 18:29, hafnia said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41758874

:)

that's a shocking series of excuses - but he hasn't stated the sacking as unfair, nor has he blamed the club.  Very very rare you will see a manager kick off - they always issue a diplomatic statement when they leave.   See Nigel Adkins - possibly the most unfair sacking in recent times... look at the Chelsea sackings.... they pocket the money and skirt around in a solicitor type worded statement.

He is citing reasons as to why it didn't work out as nothing more as being "unlucky"....  nothing to do with luck.  He just wasn't into the job as much as he should have been.

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

Not having a direct replacement for Lukaku pushed us into awful form. We would've picked up more points in Europe, against Burnley and Brighton if we had the right target man.

How?  Lukaku wasn't a target man and never will be. We couldn't get the ball from defence to attack to even give a striker a chance to score.

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

How?  Lukaku wasn't a target man and never will be. We couldn't get the ball from defence to attack to even give a striker a chance to score.

Yet he still scored bucket loads with the same issue. You argued time and time again he stopped the midfield from contributing. Well, they haven't contributed and without having his presence up front, regardless of his goals has cost us. It's not that hard to see. 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yet he still scored bucket loads with the same issue. You argued time and time again he stopped the midfield from contributing. Well, they haven't contributed and without having his presence up front, regardless of his goals has cost us. It's not that hard to see. 

We didn't have the same issue last year! Klassen, Rooney, sigurdsen tripping over each other.

We don't even look remotely the same and it's naff all to do with lukaku.