• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

I don’t understand how people can gloat he’s been sacked or come out with comments like “some people wanted him/backed him” we’ve had to sack our manager which means we’re in deep shit. I’m not arsed who the manager is, I just care about Everton and don’t really give a fuck who manages us as long as we do well.

On a human being level,  I’m genuinely sorry for him, it’s not all about millions of pounds, it’s reputation, integrity and pride- he already has enoughmoney to last him the rest of his life, ask him if he’d want 6 million or to be here still sitting in 2nd place right now and the team flying- he’d pick ghe latter. He failed, I don’t like to see it when it’s someone we had in our camp, I wish he would have succeeded but he never and he had to go but I take zero pleasure in it.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

We were watching different games Pete.

Have a rewatch and focus solely on him,  he plays apart in nearly every chance given away. His positioning is beyond awful, more often than not he's half marking the wrong man or throwing in tackles from the wrong side of the player. 

1 hour ago, mcirony said:

Would have thought 'not replacing Lukaku' would sit quite high?

We were never gonna replace him like fit like but Rooney is adequate, and should be good for 15 goals. It's the midfield that have left us down, the plan was for then to make up the difference. 

Rooney and Niasse have 7 goals between them over 9 games. The problems are much bigger behind them. 

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I’ve heard it fucking all now- we’re in the relegation zone because of Gana.

I give up.

Proofs in the pudding. Go back to last season and once him and Schneiderlin were integrated into the first team together we've been bollocks. I'd say about the last 8 games, and is it 16 so far this season? 

When was the last time you enjoyed a game? Was Gana in that team? 

I don't rejoice at anyone losing their job, but I do recognize the importance of getting it done. When you don't act, many more jobs are put in jeopardy. All credit to the board for doing the necessary.

At the most fundamental level, Koeman did not respect the club. Neither did he respect the players, even his own. The dinner with Pep? That's just the latest example of not getting it. What about being on holiday as the transfer window closed? What about the red baubles? They may sound like trivial things, but that's the point: When you truly care about something, you focus on those details. Koeman saw Everton as a stepping stone, not as a worthy destination. This is why his replacement needs to bring passion for the club, not just their career.

I wish him well, but I suspect his career path is limited at this point. Manage in Turkey or Greece or China? I can't see any top team taking the risk. Nou Camp has become a pipe dream.

Please, let's not call for any type of failure as Koeman's replacement. Moyes? You must be kidding! Sam A after the England fiasco? How short are our memories? I admire what Eddie Howe has achieved, but I'm beginning to backtrack on that option because the new man must be 110% committed to the club, so it has to be Unsworth. Give him until the New Year. If that works out, give him until the end of the season. If that works out, give him until the end of next year (just to be sure we're not facing second year syndrome). But whoever it is, please add financial bonuses and penalties to align reward with progress.

At this point, I feel rather hopeful, I have to say. We have players who are better than we believe them to be, and, with buying young players (thank you, Mr. Walsh!), there appears to be a genuine vision and ambition for the future.

What a crazy start to the season.

That first game against Split feels like a lifetime ago...

I'd like to see Unsworth given a go until we get our target.

29 games to play for the league, 2 cups ( Europa is all but gone and I accept Chelsea is a tough task ) so I'd expect us to be looking at someone to get us top 10 and a strong cup run.

Also, the players need a long, long hard look at themselves here. 

Koeman lost the players somewhere along the line. Same thing happened to Martinez. Leicester did the same to their manager and where are they now? Koeman made mistakes but in my opinion our players must take half the blame at least, for us being in the relegation zone. I wish I could fire a few of them for underperforming like Koeman. Our defense is the second worst in the league. Goalkeeper suspect, no proper left or right back, Keane leaks goals galore, Williams has gone mad, Jagielka is over the wall, defensive mids all over the place. What do you expect? No proper nr 10, no top class striker, no speed on the wings. I mean really. Koemans biggest mistake was the squad he put together. Completely out of balance. Bring in Pellegrini I say.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'd be courteous if I had a cheque the size of the one he has in my back pocket.

all part of the severance process.  Ronald's agent will have done that.... there is not one "but ok" to be seen. 

walks away with a tidy £9m in his pocket plus pay-outs for his brother....