• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

He was apparently Liverpool bound at one point too

I feel your love and reluctance to let him go mate :)

Fantastic keeper though if I thought it possible he'd probably be my number one choice but I can just see him either staying put or going to another big spending CL side

I feel your love and reluctance to let him go mate :)

Fantastic keeper though if I thought it possible he'd probably be my number one choice but I can just see him either staying put or going to another big spending CL side

He's what Kroos is to Steve for me :)

• 2 weeks later...
Markjazzbassist: "Swisstiss - which of the current saints players do you think koeman has a real affinity towards and would like to bring to Everton?"

Swisstiss: "...So absolutely, Pelle. He had him in Feyenoord then in Saints. If you lose Lukaku, Koeman will see a need for a target man who can link play (not just height in the box, but a player who has a football brain). Hand's down Pelle fits that.

Told ya.

This is the least surprising rumoured move I've heard in a long while.

Also don't downplay the Witsel links. Koeman loved Schneiderlin when he was with us, possibly why Morgan decided to stay on another year before moving to Utd. Witsel is a very similar ballplaying midfielder who can put in a tackle and a pass with equal skill.

Edited by swisstiss

I'm waiting for Distin to come out and dish the dirt on Roberto. Distin was a top class defender and I get the feeling he had a set to with Martinez about defending and got shown the door.

I get the impression that losing Distin was our Eva Carneiro moment and that is when the rest of the players lost faith in Martinez.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-right-sack-martinez-koeman-11572693

Osman has been working with former fitness coach Dave Billows..... hmmm right there, the man Roberto let go/seen off or whatever still has the respect of the players. Tony Bellew said at the time he left that he would be missed.

Kone's not even on that list. I want Kone, Niasse, McGeady, Gibson, Robles, one out of Oviedo and Garbutt and one out of McCarthy/Besic all to leave. The squad's too big and there's quite a few we're carrying there.

Edited by Geth

http://www.espnfc.us/club/everton/368/blog/post/2911421/koeman-must-unlock-everton-potential-as-well-as-adding-new-signings

Discussion of McCarthy, Coleman, Mirallas, among others.

"... with the Blues already linked with various eye-catching players (for eye-watering amounts)..., Koeman must avoid the trap of throwing money at all issues. There is a lot of work required within the current setup, but there is also a lot of quality waiting to be unlocked."