• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

When I started watching Everton after the war, Southampton weren't on the Radar. The only south coast club in the (then) first division were Portsmouth. Not really aware of Southampton until about the mid-sixties..

Nor was I, I wasn't even born...

Not sure what you're trying to get at. Noone is in any doubt about the fact we've been at the bottom for a long time, least of all Saints fans. We're delighted to tell our story of Division 2 obscurity to Europa League!!

When I was growing up there was a club called Wimbledon. They don't even exist anymore.

Oh, and Forest won the European Cup :rofl:

Edited by swisstiss

Not sure what you're trying to get at. Noone is in any doubt about the fact we've been at the bottom for a long time, least of all Saints fans. We're delighted to tell our story of Division 2 obscurity to Europa League!!

When I was growing up there was a club called Wimbledon. They don't even exist anymore.

Think John was born a few days before the first league, so don't worry ;)

Some Saints fans being seriously bitter about this :lol:

They have every right to be bitter. Koeman publicly stated his disgust for lack of loyalty in today's football and then acts in complete disregard of his own comment. I'm concerned about this, to be honest. By allowing money to trump loyalty, a "money dominates" culture may affect transfer dealings in the future. Will Koeman leave us in the lurch at some point? Will players like Leighton Baines, who stay for loyalty's sake, become a thing of the past? Values matter. Loyalty is important. Contracts are important. What we sow we may later reap.

They have every right to be bitter. Koeman publicly stated his disgust for lack of loyalty in today's football and then acts in complete disregard of his own comment. I'm concerned about this, to be honest. By allowing money to trump loyalty, a "money dominates" culture may affect transfer dealings in the future. Will Koeman leave us in the lurch at some point? Will players like Leighton Baines, who stay for loyalty's sake, become a thing of the past? Values matter. Loyalty is important. Contracts are important. What we sow we may later reap.

Yes he will leave us, and he should if he does well. His ultimate goal is Barca and everyone knows that. I'm sure Moshiri said i'll give you the ability, get us CL and some trophies and i'm sure Barca will come calling. We both win. Then at that point we'll have the pick of the litter when it comes to managers and he can get the long time appointment.

Edited by markjazzbassist

I'd like to see Pelle at Everton. I had initial reservations about his age but, then again, he is Italian. Italians age like wine whereas English players age like milk.

Honestly I can still see Lukaku at Everton next season. I think he will have a stinker of a tournament this summer with not one "big club" making a serious enquiry about him. Pelle could come in and do a job from the first whistle of the season and Lukaku may be left to scratch his head and eat some humble pie.

Watching a player like Pelle would do Lukaku a world of good, his positioning, movement and hold up play is all superior.

love that

Yes he will leave us, and he should if he does well. His ultimate goal is Barca and everyone knows that. I'm sure Moshiri said i'll give you the ability, get us CL and some trophies and i'm sure Barca will come calling. We both win. Then at that point we'll have the pick of the litter when it comes to managers and he can get the long time appointment.

But that's the point, Mark: Why should we expect him to leave if he does well? We claim to be a great team, but we're acting like we're not. A manager should come to Everton because he wants Everton to be the best team. We shouldn't accept being a stepping stone. Either Everton is great or it's not.

But that's the point, Mark: Why should we expect him to leave if he does well? We claim to be a great team, but we're acting like we're not. A manager should come to Everton because he wants Everton to be the best team. We shouldn't accept being a stepping stone. Either Everton is great or it's not.

because for however great a team we are he wants to manage the GREATEST team in Barca. fair play.

Then we need a manager who believes Everton are greater than Barcelona and wants to prove it!!!

then we need an Evertonian. Koeman already has Barca in his heart, plus they have an incredible squad, stadium and calibre. He would always consider them the greatest but hopefully he can set us on our way to being even better Edited by Matt

What I was getting at was some Southampton fans thinking they were 'a bigger club' than Everton. Didn't apply to you personally.

I can remember playing against Wimbledon in the late 1960's. They were an amateur team then, playing in the Isthmian League.

Incidentally, they do exist. Just got promoted to the Football League Div 1 - AFC Wimbledon.

Finally done for better or worse eh? No matter, I am and always will be an Everton supporter. I would support them even if Phil Thompson was made manager. (Runs away to be sick)

So, even if I am uncertain about Ronald McDonald Koeman as yet I want him to do as well as humanly possible COYB