• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Looks like Koeman is in then. I wanted de Boer and feel nervous about Koeman. Now I guess I finally have to forgive him for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJfK0npPLXk&t=1m47s

"He's going to flick one now, he's going to flick one, HE'S GOING TO FLICK ONE AND IT'S IN!"

Still burned into my brain.

Welcome to the club Ronald - all the very best. Really hoping you can do the business.

how did seaman not stop that?

would have been more underwhelmed with De Boer; I guess Koeman is okay. His name literally translates to Cow-man.. so there's that.

Edited by holystove

I was under the impression Martinez insisted (stubborn as he was) on his outdated knowledge leading to the whole fitness team walking. I'm no detective, but it's very noticeble the drop in fitness since RM come in and I'd assume he's to blame.

I wouldn't disagree with that at all Pete, fitness was terrible and slowly got worse.

So RK does not like small nifty attackers? Thats Deulofeu, Lennon and Mirallas out of the picture then.

Sorry maybe I was misleading. He does, and if you think in his Feyenoord team he had Clasie, Vilhena, Shacken, Singh. I don't think any of those players is over 5' 9. It's just his preference is for people who are going to put in a shift. Mane works hard and is strong. He makes the most out of tackles, and if he goes down, he'll win a free kick. Clasie is a tough little guy. The issue with Ramirez and Juanmi is that they just aren't up to the physical standard (meaning, strength/physique) of the premier league. I guess that's what I'm saying. His defensive organisation means there just isn't that much room in his thinking - or more relevant, his team sheet - to fit a kind of attacker that won't provide height in the box (both boxes, but especially when defending), and who won't track back to cover the runner. James Ward-Prowse got on the teamsheet because he's able to take good set pieces and he provides versatility, playing in a variety of positions.

Deulofeu will get a look in because of his set pieces and because he puts crosses into the box. If you keep Lukaku (sorry, don't think it'll happen) then I wouldn't be surprised if he looks for a similar player. RK's back-up plan if we are losing 1-0 has almost always been to get as many crosses into the box as possible and trying to score with a big CF. It's universal, but different teams do it different ways. Not necessarily by taking risks to go to all the way to the by-line, stretching the fullback and get the ball in the box, more likely sitting back a little and trying to put the ball ahead of the centre backs. Sorry, don't have the stats to hand, but I know that on the last day of the season we were in second in the premier league for goals scored by headers. He'll love players who can get the ball in with pace and curve on it.

I understand why we must pay Southampton, because we're breaking a contract, but it's still a large sum to pay. If the 6m a year number is correct, that's what I would expect to pay one of the world's top managers, not someone who's a decent Premier League manager. Mind you, two of the biggest factors have yet to be revealed: vision and strategy. These count for a lot. What is the goal towards which Koeman will be working? What will define Everton in five years' time? For all his faults, Roberto had a very clear vision (perennial Champions League football) and strategy (build a young team that can stay together for years and play exciting football). What does Koeman stand for? Winning silverware is a short-term tactic: What's his longer term vision? Why are we paying these really big bucks? "Hope is not a strategy."

Steve £6m a year wont get you one of the worlds top managers, Jose and Pep are getting double that. People know we have money now, so fees will go up, its just the nature of the game.

What I do know is that its all very exciting.

Sorry maybe I was misleading. He does, and if you think in his Feyenoord team he had Clasie, Vilhena, Shacken, Singh. I don't think any of those players is over 5' 9. It's just his preference is for people who are going to put in a shift. Mane works hard and is strong. He makes the most out of tackles, and if he goes down, he'll win a free kick. Clasie is a tough little guy. The issue with Ramirez and Juanmi is that they just aren't up to the physical standard (meaning, strength/physique) of the premier league. I guess that's what I'm saying. His defensive organisation means there just isn't that much room in his thinking - or more relevant, his team sheet - to fit a kind of attacker that won't provide height in the box (both boxes, but especially when defending), and who won't track back to cover the runner. James Ward-Prowse got on the teamsheet because he's able to take good set pieces and he provides versatility, playing in a variety of positions.

Deulofeu will get a look in because of his set pieces and because he puts crosses into the box. If you keep Lukaku (sorry, don't think it'll happen) then I wouldn't be surprised if he looks for a similar player. RK's back-up plan if we are losing 1-0 has almost always been to get as many crosses into the box as possible and trying to score with a big CF. It's universal, but different teams do it different ways. Not necessarily by taking risks to go to all the way to the by-line, stretching the fullback and get the ball in the box, more likely sitting back a little and trying to put the ball ahead of the centre backs. Sorry, don't have the stats to hand, but I know that on the last day of the season we were in second in the premier league for goals scored by headers. He'll love players who can get the ball in with pace and curve on it.

Well.... this was a major major frustration of mine last year.

Deulofeu wasn't fit enough to be on the ball as much as his talent warranted. A disgrace really because he was a crossing machine.

These crosses were unreal... I will go as far to say any team or striker in that team would be looking at 15 goals from them at least. Why wasn't this the case?

Sorry to go over old ground but I identified in his first season that Gerry had an unreal ability to hit the corridor of uncertainty time after time. He would stand his defender, knock it to the byline and hit a low, curving, zipping ball that was begging to have a striker rush in and just connect with. Only for a few months last year did we see Rom hit the 6 yard box and convert these gimmes. It drove me fookin insane.

The reality is lukaku should have had 18 prem goals just from deulofeu. Something happened. Deulofeu I noticed before getting dropped would be visibly pissed off with Rom as another of his balls had Rom stood on the penalty spot. I think those 2 had a go falling out, I can't prove this but the words "chemistry" from baines speaks volumes.

Martinez should have managed this. He dropped Gerry and we seen these balls no longer feature. We there an issue between team mates??? I think so.

Put it this way, a brave striker in a team with a fit deulofeu scores a shit load of goals... Mark my words. If koeman likes balls into the box and demands his striker attack the 6 yard box then Gerry will be a very very valuable player.

Well.... this was a major major frustration of mine last year.

Deulofeu wasn't fit enough to be on the ball as much as his talent warranted. A disgrace really because he was a crossing machine.

These crosses were unreal... I will go as far to say any team or striker in that team would be looking at 15 goals from them at least. Why wasn't this the case?

Sorry to go over old ground but I identified in his first season that Gerry had an unreal ability to hit the corridor of uncertainty time after time. He would stand his defender, knock it to the byline and hit a low, curving, zipping ball that was begging to have a striker rush in and just connect with. Only for a few months last year did we see Rom hit the 6 yard box and convert these gimmes. It drove me fookin insane.

The reality is lukaku should have had 18 prem goals just from deulofeu. Something happened. Deulofeu I noticed before getting dropped would be visibly pissed off with Rom as another of his balls had Rom stood on the penalty spot. I think those 2 had a go falling out, I can't prove this but the words "chemistry" from baines speaks volumes.

Martinez should have managed this. He dropped Gerry and we seen these balls no longer feature. We there an issue between team mates??? I think so.

Put it this way, a brave striker in a team with a fit deulofeu scores a shit load of goals... Mark my words. If koeman likes balls into the box and demands his striker attack the 6 yard box then Gerry will be a very very valuable player.

Spot on. There were moments were it seemed every ball he slung in the box ended on someone's foot and in the goal. He had that unreal stretch of assists (I think around 8) and then he got injured? Benched? We were all worried barca was going to buy him back during that stretch! I love Gerry great player on his day

Spot on. There were moments were it seemed every ball he slung in the box ended on someone's foot and in the goal. He had that unreal stretch of assists (I think around 8) and then he got injured? Benched? We were all worried barca was going to buy him back during that stretch! I love Gerry great player on his day

Other fans of other teams in work were amazed by his deliveries and couldn't understand why he didn't feature more. Something went on. I noticed he did start losing his rag and I didn't blame him.

People may laugh at this but the perfect striker for deulofeu is giroud. Anyone seen his ability to convert from the near post? Master at the glancing finish.

Brilliant article. For me, Moshiri brings a change in attitude and respect. That is important to my club.

The Koeman appointment will come to be seen as the day the club banished that undignified notion of being the plucky outsider.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/08/ronald-koeman-appointment-will-be-seen-as-day-everton-banished-u/

This is why I love Moshiri already. Lets his actions do the talking. Time for Bill to shut the fuck up and let the professionals do their job.

Beyond a few anodyne quotes on the club’s website, Moshiri has not uttered a word in public since investing in Everton. In securing his prime managerial target, he has spoken volumes about how and where he intends to lead the club.
Edited by Lowensda

He's been pictured amongst Everton fans somewhere, but still wearing his Southampton tracky-bottoms. I like that, very respectful

He's wearing his Southampton trackers whilst on holiday, whilst negotiating to move clubs? It must be an old photo surely?!

Other fans of other teams in work were amazed by his deliveries and couldn't understand why he didn't feature more. Something went on. I noticed he did start losing his rag and I didn't blame him.

People may laugh at this but the perfect striker for deulofeu is giroud. Anyone seen his ability to convert from the near post? Master at the glancing finish.

Haf, the trouble with Giroud is he glances headers at the far post too. In fact, almost every header is glanced which is why he misses so many chances.

Just been reading all that I didn't take much notice of the Monchi rumour until I saw he posted that regarding Moshiri

He must have some form of information if he knew of the Moshiri deal four months prior to it happening

Apparently according to Twitter that's why the Koeman deal hasn't been announced they are waiting to announce both at the same time...

If and it's a massive if Moshiri brings both Monchi and Koeman in it clearly shows he means serious business and we have alot to hopefully look forward to