• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

There is an interesting point here, though: Is it true that the new manager (if reports are confirmed) will earn more than any of the players on the team? If so, is that justified?

Yes. A manager should always earn more than the playing staff (IMO).

He is the one that has to take the flack, he's the one who has to organise, motivate and train these prima-donna's (for the most part) and he's the one whos job is on the line if results don't go his way. He has far greater single responsibility than any of the playing staff and for those reasons, they should be paid the most.

There is an interesting point here, though: Is it true that the new manager (if reports are confirmed) will earn more than any of the players on the team? If so, is that justified?

SAF did and man u never suffered from it (other than the stupid rooney situation but with all the money now that won't be a problem)

The echo are saying it'll be next week now. I honestly wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised to see the headline "Koeman deal hits snag" over the weekend.

Somethin isn't sitting right here.

100% done. The guys on holiday! Why would Everton announce it without him being there. They want the presser on the day of announcement obv. Day after he's back it'll be revealed.

100% done. The guys on holiday! Why would Everton announce it without him being there. They want the presser on the day of announcement obv. Day after he's back it'll be revealed.

This

I've seen plenty of flapping on social media as MC says he's on holiday unless people expect us to fly out some Everton back boards and see him sat there with a coconut cocktail with a beach in the background

He'll be announced no snags I'll bet my mortgage on it and quite possibly a DOF at the same or similar time, Monchi or Overmars will do nicely thanks Farhad

thats what I thought, but then they (SSN) were reporting outside FF or Goodison (can't remember which) with clips of Koeman walking amongst Everton fans with his Saints trackys as if he was inside only 2(?) days ago. I guess it's relatively old stock footage? If that's the case, SSN are being cunts.

Deal is done just as many have said he's back from hols next week and that's when he will be revealed.

I like many are cynical and have had a few pangs of worry...but we are already far removed from Kenwright and the way he fanfares everything..!!! What I do like is the way we are now going about our business under Moshiri i.e. very little info leaked and only announce when it is done.

Deal is done just as many have said he's back from hols next week and that's when he will be revealed.

I like many are cynical and have had a few pangs of worry...but we are already far removed from Kenwright and the way he fanfares everything..!!! What I do like is the way we are now going about our business under Moshiri i.e. very little info leaked and only announce when it is done.

weve always done deals on the hush :huh:

Genuine question (because the older I get, the less I understand the madness that is modern football) - if he's currently in the process of applying for the biggest job of his management career so far, why is he on holiday?? For Christ's sake, take your holiday a little later when it's sorted out.

Genuine question (because the older I get, the less I understand the madness that is modern football) - if he's currently in the process of applying for the biggest job of his management career so far, why is he on holiday?? For Christ's sake, take your holiday a little later when it's sorted out.

He has already given his decision and wants to join the rest is all down to his agent, there is no requirement for him to stay in this country, its not like he is a player on deadline day that needs to pass a medical

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Because he's Dutch...laid back as they come!!!

OR because he's had his 'one to one' with the club, thrashed out the dirty details and has now left it to his agent to dot the i's and cross the t's, while Koeman enjoys his holiday scanning Football Manager for his potential targets.

Because he's Dutch...laid back as they come!!!

OR because he's had his 'one to one' with the club, thrashed out the dirty details and has now left it to his agent to dot the i's and cross the t's, while Koeman enjoys his holiday scanning Football Manager for his potential targets.

ha i love reading the stereotypes of other nationalities. i would never describe dutch people i know as "laid back as they come". my Tahitian friends win that honor.

ha i love reading the stereotypes of other nationalities. i would never describe dutch people i know as "laid back as they come". my Tahitian friends win that honor.

Having lived and worked there for a couple of years, the stereotype is quite accurate. Very stubborn and direct too, but I love them :)

I'd be that way too if I could smoke all sorts at will and shag ho's legally...not to mention the peep shows etc!!!

I'd be that way too if I could smoke all sorts at will and shag ho's legally...not to mention the peep shows etc!!!

yeah my mate in college was from Tahiti and was the chillest guy you'd ever know. Always had his shirt off, smoking weed, the ladies just loved him. Had that cool confidence. The island life newts, something to work towards!