• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Yes and no. Actually on average you ran further than us last season. Wouldn't say we could be classed as more hard working and relentless than any other team around mid-table or higher. We've not scored that many late goals, albeit putting three last Liverpool in the final 20 mins (good times). We've had as many first half blinders, with second half shambles, as we have the other way round. It's not like our superior fitness always means we boss the second half as the opponent tires.

Injuries is a different thing. We have a good backroom staff for recovery and rehab, and Forster, Gardos and Rodriguez made faster than expected recoveries from serious injuries. I'd say we're up there with the best in terms of medical staff/facilities. Little else to speak of in the way of injuries, most other exceptions are players that are in any case plagued by recurring problems (cf Charlie Austin's knees).

Thanks for the input! Many of us were on-edge every match, just waiting for the next player to pull up with a hamstring injury.

Us running further than you signifies to me our anti-structure, haphazard, laissez-faire style of football under Roberto. Basically (in what I think is an American expression), we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off.

Yes and no. Actually on average you ran further than us last season. Wouldn't say we could be classed as more hard working and relentless than any other team around mid-table or higher. We've not scored that many late goals, albeit putting three last Liverpool in the final 20 mins (good times). We've had as many first half blinders, with second half shambles, as we have the other way round. It's not like our superior fitness always means we boss the second half as the opponent tires.

Injuries is a different thing. We have a good backroom staff for recovery and rehab, and Forster, Gardos and Rodriguez made faster than expected recoveries from serious injuries. I'd say we're up there with the best in terms of medical staff/facilities. Little else to speak of in the way of injuries, most other exceptions are players that are in any case plagued by recurring problems (cf Charlie Austin's knees).

interesting read, thanks. You based in Suisse?

Koeman also comes across as quite a no-nonsense sort of bloke, and that's just what we need after Martinez's bullshit.

yes agreed but he also has a good sense of humor. remember when all his players were being sold and he posted a picture of an empty pitch for their training session? i like that, he doesn't take it too seriously that he can't have some fun.

You don't know that.

‘It’s not inconceivable to find yourself in a position where the athlete and the coaching staff are desperate to play in the next game and you know it’s not in their best interest,’ said Donachie. ‘This is when your communication skills come into play, by convincing the management it is the best thing for the player and hence the team and explain and cajole the player into preparing for the more sensible option.’ Donachie is currently on gardening leave but is sure to be in demand.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2943232/Roberto-Martinez-seen-soft-touch-players-trusted-staff-left-club-turned-sour-Everton-boss.html#ixzz4AvHXCM97

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

‘It’s not inconceivable to find yourself in a position where the athlete and the coaching staff are desperate to play in the next game and you know it’s not in their best interest,’ said Donachie. ‘This is when your communication skills come into play, by convincing the management it is the best thing for the player and hence the team and explain and cajole the player into preparing for the more sensible option.’ Donachie is currently on gardening leave but is sure to be in demand.

I repeat.

You don't know that.

That quote doesn't remotely back up what you said, you're making unfounded assumptions.

I repeat.

That quote doesn't remotely back up what you said, you're making unfounded assumptions.

he states manager and himself have a differing opinion and it's his job to "convince him" which means the manager has final say who plays regardless of their injury. if not he would say he tells the manager they can't play and that's that. he did not say that. he said he has to convince the manager. that is overriding the opinion of the physio which is exactly what i said.

Looks like Koeman is in then. I wanted de Boer and feel nervous about Koeman. Now I guess I finally have to forgive him for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJfK0npPLXk&t=1m47s

"He's going to flick one now, he's going to flick one, HE'S GOING TO FLICK ONE AND IT'S IN!"

Still burned into my brain.

Welcome to the club Ronald - all the very best. Really hoping you can do the business.

he states manager and himself have a differing opinion and it's his job to "convince him" which means the manager has final say who plays regardless of their injury. if not he would say he tells the manager they can't play and that's that. he did not say that. he said he has to convince the manager. that is overriding the opinion of the physio which is exactly what i said.

No, you put forward something as fact when you'd only heard one side of the argument and added your interpretation of it. That and fact are distant cousins.

To be honest the scenario Danny talks about in that quotes is probably how it is in a lot of clubs. The manager will always want his best players back ASAP and the physio should be doing what's best for the players long term health. I imagine that is a regular conversation in many clubs, and sports.

No, you put forward something as fact when you'd only heard one side of the argument and added your interpretation of it. That and fact are distant cousins.

on the ale? contrarian night tonight? take it out on someone else, you intepret stuff all the time and i've called you on it only for you to tell me i post rubbish. can't have it both ways bud, either be the stick up the ass semantic contrarian, or let everyone interpret yourself included. otherwise it's just hypocritical.

To be honest the scenario Danny talks about in that quotes is probably how it is in a lot of clubs. The manager will always want his best players back ASAP and the physio should be doing what's best for the players long term health. I imagine that is a regular conversation in many clubs, and sports.

and he just left to enjoy gardening?

on the ale? contrarian night tonight? take it out on someone else, you intepret stuff all the time and i've called you on it only for you to tell me i post rubbish. can't have it both ways bud, either be the stick up the ass semantic contrarian, or let everyone interpret yourself included. otherwise it's just hypocritical.

Take a chill-pill dude; what's rattled your cage? Just flagging the facts, no need to spit the dummy (or pacifier as you colonials call it).

When I interpret I make it clear I'm offering opinion; I don't portray it as fact. It's not difficult.

Underwhelmed by Koeman. His managerial record simply isn't very good, and he never stays in one job very long - a manager trading on his name as a play, not someone hungry to build a club in his image, it seems to me. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this is the right move.

I've held back until things look pretty definite, and now they do. Koeman seems a decent manager, but, at face value, we are paying way over the odds for his services. Five million to Southampton and six million a year to the manager? I find that rather outrageous. Sure, some can say it's a statement of intent, but I see it as tunnel vision. For an outstanding manager, we should pull out the stops; for a decent manager, this is too much. Koeman does not deserve that type of compensation, in my opinion.

I'm also a little nervous about the type of players he'll buy, although that concern would be allayed to some extent by bringing in a DoF. Time will tell, of course.

Mark, from what I gather Danny and Roberto didn't see eye to eye. It's difficult when you manager is qualified to do your job. Conflicts will happen. People move on. Happens in every business not just football.

Steve, the compensation is more to do with his contract and what Southampton see as acceptable to break it. For them they will want the most money they can get, they know Moshiri is a billionaire so will demand more than usual. Expect the same to happen with players too.

yes agreed but he also has a good sense of humor. remember when all his players were being sold and he posted a picture of an empty pitch for their training session? i like that, he doesn't take it too seriously that he can't have some fun.

He also once dressed up as a woman, along with his brother. He's definitely prepared to take the piss out of himself. Also, chips and mayonnaise.

I wanted Koeman all along, although I was tempted by Emrey. I think he is just what we need, an experienced manager with a good track record, tactically advanced and will impose control and order on the team.

I am genuinely excited by this appointment (when it happens), I think his track record as a player and manager that will attract very good players, and he has a chance to convince Stones to stay.

I am also impressed by Moshiri in being decisive in identifying who he wanted then going out and getting him.

Steve, the compensation is more to do with his contract and what Southampton see as acceptable to break it. For them they will want the most money they can get, they know Moshiri is a billionaire so will demand more than usual. Expect the same to happen with players too.

I understand why we must pay Southampton, because we're breaking a contract, but it's still a large sum to pay. If the 6m a year number is correct, that's what I would expect to pay one of the world's top managers, not someone who's a decent Premier League manager. Mind you, two of the biggest factors have yet to be revealed: vision and strategy. These count for a lot. What is the goal towards which Koeman will be working? What will define Everton in five years' time? For all his faults, Roberto had a very clear vision (perennial Champions League football) and strategy (build a young team that can stay together for years and play exciting football). What does Koeman stand for? Winning silverware is a short-term tactic: What's his longer term vision? Why are we paying these really big bucks? "Hope is not a strategy."

Mark, from what I gather Danny and Roberto didn't see eye to eye. It's difficult when you manager is qualified to do your job. Conflicts will happen. People move on. Happens in every business not just football.

I was under the impression Martinez insisted (stubborn as he was) on his outdated knowledge leading to the whole fitness team walking. I'm no detective, but it's very noticeble the drop in fitness since RM come in and I'd assume he's to blame.