• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Been looking on a few saints forums to see what they are saying. Safe to say that they are not happy, they are trying to compare us to Portsmouth and someone even mention QPR. Fair play they haven't a clue what they are talking about! 7th and 6th and I think they are having delusions of grandeur!!! I Couldn't tell you how many trophies they've won or how many years they have been in the top flight of the football league but it ain't probably much! If you know your history!!!!!

Been looking on a few saints forums to see what they are saying. Safe to say that they are not happy, they are trying to compare us to Portsmouth and someone even mention QPR. Fair play they haven't a clue what they are talking about! 7th and 6th and I think they are having delusions of grandeur!!! I Couldn't tell you how many trophies they've won or how many years they have been in the top flight of the football league but it ain't probably much! If you know your history!!!!!

They have won an FA Cup and the Johnstones Paint Trophy and were playing in league 1 5 years ago.

They have won an FA Cup and the Johnstones Paint Trophy and were playing in league 1 5 years ago.

Ouch. Didn't realize their ascent wasn't that long ago.

I'm glad they are angry, that means he's a good manager and they wanted him to stay. The Wigan fans were half and half on Martinez, half like half said he was shit which he ended up being.

This is already starting out better in that regard.

Ai, I've read some delusional comments too! We are a smaller club, we would be a step down etc etc.

I'm not into all this we are bigger than you malarkey BUT that lot have pushed the boat out on this one. So, for any Soton fans reading this, yes you have finished above us 2 years in a row...fair play to you. But let's look at some facts...

*Everton sell more season tickets than you get TOTAL fans at St Marys

*Everton have spent 113 seasons in the top flight. Southampton? 39.

* Major Honours Won: Everton 24, Soton 1.

* Current consecutive years in top flight: Everton 63, Soton 4.

* Off the field, Everton have some seriously shit deals (merchandise, sponsorship etc) but still have more turnover than Soton by £12 million.

This is all without the 'new era' of Moshiri kicking in. If, and it's still a big IF, Koeman and Everton are in talks, and IF Koeman likes the vision being sold to him, he will FACTUALLY be taking a step up in his career.

Nothing against Soton by the way. Brush yourselves down and carry on.

Ai, I've read some delusional comments too! We are a smaller club, we would be a step down etc etc.

I'm not into all this we are bigger than you malarkey BUT that lot have pushed the boat out on this one. So, for any Soton fans reading this, yes you have finished above us 2 years in a row...fair play to you. But let's look at some facts...

* Off the field, Everton have some seriously shit deals (merchandise, sponsorship etc) but still have more turnover than Soton by £12 million.

This is all without the 'new era' of Moshiri kicking in. If, and it's still a big IF, Koeman and Everton are in talks, and IF Koeman likes the vision being sold to him, he will FACTUALLY be taking a step up in his career.

Nice stats. What is it with these pecker heads?

Incidentally head to head with them we've won 46 drawn 21 and lost 27

But although we are wealthier, have more history and tradition, spent longer in the top flight, played more and won more in Europe, have a far superior honours list and a larger fan base , they are the bigger club because they finished above us in the last 2 seasons!

Through in the fact that in the year they achieved their highest ever top flight finish of 3rd we were 2nd

Going by their logic Leicester are now the biggest club is n England

WTF is with the Echo and this "click here to take a short survey to read the article"

It absolutely infuriates me that they blackmail you (or try to) in to answering a survey before you can read it.

Out of sheer principle I absolutely refuse to do it so can't read it unfortunately.

WTF is with the Echo and this "click here to take a short survey to read the article"

It absolutely infuriates me that they blackmail you (or try to) in to answering a survey before you can read it.

Out of sheer principle I absolutely refuse to do it so can't read it unfortunately.

Perhaps it's an international thing, but you don't have to complete the survey to read the article. Click that you'll do it, then click "skip the survey". I've never done one.

Perhaps it's an international thing, but you don't have to complete the survey to read the article. Click that you'll do it, then click "skip the survey". I've never done one.

I always answer "no".

Do you buy from Tesco's? No.

Do you own a car? No.

Do you have a job? No.

Do you eat or drink? No.

Thanks pal, that does work. I've just never evenclicked it before.

I have been doing the same. At the same time, I can't blame them for being mad. At this point, the summer exodus at Southampton has become an expectation. Yet, I see a lot of hate towards Koeman by Southampton fans. Don't blame Koeman; blame your board. I am sure when Koeman first signed for Southampton on their vision, Koeman didn't expect them to sell their best players every summer. Southampton shouldn't be surprised that Koeman left for Everton on the promise that we actually want and can build a team when Southampton's board didn't live up to their promise.

18:56

'KOEMAN AGREES EVERTON TERMS'

Ronald Koeman has agreed terms with Everton over his switch from Southampton, according to the manager's agent Rob Jansen.

He told Fox Sports in the Netherlands: "We have reached an agreement with Everton. Now, it's up to the clubs."

Guest rusty747

The more this looks like happening, the more I want it to happen. I think he will be good for our defence, will instil discipline throughout, he has a great sense of humour (apparently) which is always a bonus and he knows how to plan for a match and then adapt where necessary within the match.

In short, he addresses every negative we experienced in recent seasons. Combine that with all the new money and I am more optimistic ahead of a new season than I have been for a very long time.